Parent visa application timelines (143 & 173)

theballies

20 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Yes, he uploaded everything, Centrelink said everything there that should be 

They did this to me - rejected as said I hadn’t paid but docs were uploaded and I had gone into an office to check.  I called them and had to fight with them for about an hour, they were telling me there was no one else I could speak to and it would be reviewed as they could see everything was there and weren’t sure how they were missed. I wouldn’t put the phone down until It was sorted out and finally got a letter saying it was accepted! However haven’t had request for 2nd Vac yet so hoping it hasn’t slowed everything down and caused issues. Centrelink are terrible!

29 minutes ago, NatS259 said:

They did this to me - rejected as said I hadn’t paid but docs were uploaded and I had gone into an office to check.  I called them and had to fight with them for about an hour, they were telling me there was no one else I could speak to and it would be reviewed as they could see everything was there and weren’t sure how they were missed. I wouldn’t put the phone down until It was sorted out and finally got a letter saying it was accepted! However haven’t had request for 2nd Vac yet so hoping it hasn’t slowed everything down and caused issues. Centrelink are terrible!

Did you call the AOS office in Tasmania and can you remember how long after it took you to receive acceptance letter after the phone call?
My son in law is ringing them again on Monday. 

34 minutes ago, NatS259 said:

Congratulations! That happened so quickly. My AOS got approved weeks ago and nothing yet 😞

Thank you.  Yes, I didn't expect that quick response, but it just happened.
Have you forwarded a copy of AoS acceptance letter to PVC team?  They say that would fasten the process up. 

I'm sure you will get yours soon.

12 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

Have you forwarded a copy of AoS acceptance letter to PVC team?  They say that would fasten the process up. 

I will do this as no I didn’t!

thank tou

12 hours ago, Lady Jane said:

Did you call the AOS office in Tasmania and can you remember how long after it took you to receive acceptance letter after the phone call?
My son in law is ringing them again on Monday. 

No I just called the number on the rejection letter. They were not helpful however for about an hour however as said there was no one there who dealt or could speak to AOS - which would explain if the office is in Tasmania! They then put me on hold to call someone etc. as they wouldn’t give me this number. 

12 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

All sent off! Congratulations again and thanks for the tip 🙂

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, AlwaysVet said:

congratulations!

• Thanks 1

HI all lovely people.

I have a question to ask. How would you prove yourself as a dependant person for visa 143. I am currently at my last stage of visa 143 where they ask me to prove I am a dependant. I have proofs showing my mom sends me $2000AUD (sometimes $3000AUD) monthly, schools fee receipts, CoEs and academic transcripts, ATO report showing I work less than 5 hours every week in the last 4 years. Do you think this should be enough? What other evidence should I include? 

I am currently 26 and applied for 143 when I was 22 before the new age rules changed. I would like to share my timeline here too.

1. Visa143 lodged and accepted on 13/04/2016

2. Requested for additional documents on 22/01/2020

3. Lodged all required additional documents including health check, police check, form80 and AOS documents on 03/03/2020

4. Requested to prove dependancy on 12/03/2020

... Currently preparing for step 4.

14 hours ago, JeremyNg266 said:

HI all lovely people.

I have a question to ask. How would you prove yourself as a dependant person for visa 143. I am currently at my last stage of visa 143 where they ask me to prove I am a dependant. I have proofs showing my mom sends me $2000AUD (sometimes $3000AUD) monthly, schools fee receipts, CoEs and academic transcripts, ATO report showing I work less than 5 hours every week in the last 4 years. Do you think this should be enough? What other evidence should I include? 

I am currently 26 and applied for 143 when I was 22 before the new age rules changed. I would like to share my timeline here too.

3. Lodged all required additional documents including health check, police check, form80 and AOS documents on 03/03/2020

Hi

When you say 'school fees', are you studying full time and so, what are you studying (i.e. Degree, Post-grad?).

Let me start with saying that I don't have a lot of experience in this area, I just thought I'd reply because nobody else has. 

Looking at the visa eligibility details, it says you are a member of the main applicant's family unit if you are:

• the main applicant's child, or their partner's child, who is not engaged, married or in a de facto relationship and is:
    • aged under 18 years, or
    • aged 18 to 23 years and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant's partner, or
    • aged 23 years or older and dependent on the main applicant or the main applicant's partner due to a partial or total physical or mental disability
    • the dependent child of the child above

However, when you search for dependent child under the Glossary, it states

To be included as a dependent child in a visa application, a child must be:

• your or your partner's child from a current or previous relationship
    • not married, engaged or in a de facto relationship
    • wholly or substantially reliant on you for their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter
    • under 18 years old

Dependent child over 18 

To apply for a visa as a dependent child aged 18 years or older, they must be:

• dependent on you more than any other person for their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter, or
    • unable to work to support themselves because they have a disability that totally or partially affects their bodily or mental functions 

If they are applying for a visa other than a protection, refugee and humanitarian or temporary safe haven visa, they are dependent on you if they wholly or substantially rely on you more than any other person for their basic needs of food, clothing and shelter.

If they are applying for a protection, refugee and humanitarian or temporary safe haven visa, they are dependent on you if they wholly or substantially rely on you for financial, physical or psychological support.

In this context, to be honest, I'd find it difficult to say (as a third party) that you are a dependent. Is it that you have been studying full time and therefore relying on your parents financial support? I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, again, I have no experience on this so what I'm saying may not be all that accurate.

1 hour ago, KittyMB said:

Hi

When you say 'school fees', are you studying full time and so, what are you studying (i.e. Degree, Post-grad?).

Let me start with saying that I don't have a lot of experience in this area, I just thought I'd reply because nobody else has. 

Looking at the visa eligibility details, it says you are a member of the main applicant's family unit if you are:

• However, when you search for dependent child under the Glossary, it states

In this context, to be honest, I'd find it difficult to say (as a third party) that you are a dependent. Is it that you have been studying full time and therefore relying on your parents financial support? I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, again, I have no experience on this so what I'm saying may not be all that accurate.

17 hours ago, JeremyNg266 said:

HI all lovely people.

I think you would be better asking the question on the other thread... The brand new P1O thread as you are more likely to get an answer. Good Luck

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, KittyMB said:

Hi

• However, when you search for dependent child under the Glossary, it states

Hi,

Thanks for your reply.

I am still a full time student studying Diploma degree. I hope I will be ok because I applied for this visa before the new rules changed so age doesnt matter to my case I think. What I am more concerned is how to prove, what sort of documents are required. 😞 

On 07/02/2020 at 17:49, bridgie said:

Just when I thought no one loved us and we had been forgotten!!!

Boom

Request for 2nd VAC arrived. I’ve never been so happy to pay $87200.

Did someone say “ it’s Wine O’Clockemoji3.pngemoji3.pngemoji485.png

Aussie Bridgie.

When did you apply for 143?

Not sure if this applies to many of you. https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/news-subsite/files/coronavirus-general-20200201.pdf

It may explain though why some people are not hearing from Immi.

I have applied for a permanent visa. Will that still be processed?

The Department continues to process Skilled and Family permanent visas for people usually resident in China. Visas will be granted where travel restrictions are lifted.

25 minutes ago, MELBNGSM said:

Hi - so will you/family memer have to leave the country to get the 143 visa or are they already overseas?

What plans are you forming about this? 

We are oversea.  It depends again on the situation at the time our visa granted.  If it is safe to travel we'll enter Australia.  We will have about 1 year to enter Australia.  

I don't have any clue for ones living onshore.  With the travel restrictions and they have to be offshore to have their visa granted.  It will be a lot more difficult for them.  PVC should have a solution for this.

• Like 1