AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

hello everyone 

i need a help about document knowledge  . i scan my australian driving licence as a address proof in to my immi account  .... is that acceptable ? as a address proof i am bit confuse . please share with me your own experience and knowledge  

thanks 

Hi all,

I need some advice. My wife was filling up the online citizenship application form. In the associated family details, while she was filling up her brother's country of current residence, it was asking  to select his usual country of residence and  it's also saying that "for student visas: the term usual country of residence refers to applicant's home country". He is living in a foreign country for more than one year and holds a student visa of that country. Now what should she fill up? Will she fill up the home country or the foreign country where he is living now?

Thanks in advance.

12 hours ago, Nus said:

Hi all,

I need some advice. My wife was filling up the online citizenship application form. In the associated family details, while she was filling up her brother's country of current residence, it was asking  to select his usual country of residence and  it's also saying that "for student visas: the term usual country of residence refers to applicant's home country". He is living in a foreign country for more than one year and holds a student visa of that country. Now what should she fill up? Will she fill up the home country or the foreign country where he is living now?

Thanks in advance.

Looks like they've already advised you what should be shown as the usual country of residence.

Guest Guest226914
Just called DIBP 4th time, someone answered me: it still follow the current time frame, 14 mths. bala bala bala~~~[emoji20]
Even didn't ask my passport number other demographic info.

Ridiculous. It’s not like there’s a visa/citizenship ombudsman you can complain to either. We are just expected to feel privileged that we will eventually become citizens.

23 hours ago, george8181 said:

Ridiculous. It’s not like there’s a visa/citizenship ombudsman you can complain to either. We are just expected to feel privileged that we will eventually become citizens.

Yes. While applying for a PR visa is very strict and long waiting period. However,  despite the Govt encourages migrants become Aussie Citizens, it doesn't mean citizenship application can be reviewed and processed more easily and shorter waiting than PR visa. This rule is so ridiculous. 

• Like 1

Thanks Sheila :)

I called DIBP 3 times. Last Friday I received an Email from one of their staff members saying sending emails or asking for updates again and again won't speed the processing time. I could tell he was extremely unhappy. Now I am afraid of 'bothering' them any more. :(