AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the spam if this question was already answered in the past. We have applied for our citizenship recently and expecting a baby soon in a few months. How do we add the newborn to the application or don't need to be added as they would be Australian Citizens by birth? Thank you.

Edited by Rising

25 minutes ago, Rising said:

Hello Everyone,

Sorry for the spam if this question was already answered in the past. We have applied for our citizenship recently and expecting a baby soon in a few months. How do we add the newborn to the application or don't need to be added as they would be Australian Citizens by birth? Thank you.

Yes, the newborn would be Aus Citizen by birth. But in case you need Passport for the baby, you got to first apply for the Proof of Citizenship and once you get the Citizenship document, you can apply Passport for the baby. This is what we did in our case.

Edited by Kris9
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, Kris9 said:

Yes, the newborn would be Aus Citizen by birth. But in case you need Passport for the baby, you got to first apply for the Proof of Citizenship and once you get the Citizenship document, you can apply Passport for the baby. This is what we did in our case.

Thank you for your response Kris9.

22 hours ago, Chris N Lora said:

I have two children, and my wife, due to having no valid overseas passports we did a paper application (faster than some online applications) the CO stated a valid passport was not required, maybe you had insufficient evidence to your child hence they asked you. Passports are not a compulsory required ID for citizenship. 

Noup, all paperwork provided, just wanted an up to date passport. That was the only request, never mentioned if insufficient. If CO requests it, I cannot say otherwise. 

14 hours ago, Loz87 said:

Hi everyone,

Anyone know what the processing times are like for Tasmania? 
Thanks 

Although individual varies with processing time. Most people I know in Tassie is relatively fast compared to the mainland States and Territories. It took me approximately 3 months from application to Approval (Am still waiting for ceremony at the moment). However, I most state that I reschedule my test date.

Edited by OjCorrosive

35 minutes ago, OjCorrosive said:

Although individual varies with processing time. Most people I know in Tassie is relatively fast compared to the mainland States and Territories. It took me approximately 3 months from application to Approval (Am still waiting for ceremony at the moment). However, I most state that I reschedule my test date.

Thanks for getting back to me. That’s good to know.
May I ask your timeline? I haven’t seen anyone else applying in Tas yet so I’m curious. 

12 hours ago, Kris9 said:

Australia DOESN'T give citizenships by birth, you can only be Australian when one of your parents is Australian...or by applying for citizenship. 

Previous addresses

Has the applicant had any other residential addresses in the past five years? Please what does this mean in the citizenship application. Is it my residential address in the last five years including my current address?

5 minutes ago, Rockshanks said:

Hi Domm 
yes you need to mention all the addresses in last five years including overseas addresses aswell if any . 
Thanks 

Thanks, i have been living in Australia for the past 6 years, do i still need to mention other overseas addresses or just the addresses in Australia?

Edited by Domm

On 11/02/2020 at 11:31, GUS said:

Hi guys .... my first time here.

Does anyone know who is responsible for analyzing the citizenship application? Is the local council (Sunshine Coast in my case) or the department of immigration?

I have applied for citizenship in April 2019 and haven't received anything from them yet.

A friend of mine applied in September and everything happened so fast to him that his ceremony is on Friday 14/03.

I have applied with my wife and we selected the option to have our ceremony together, so I don't know if this could be the reason why is taking so long.

Thanks!

Hey Guys,

I have made a FOI request last week on the 12/02/2020 however I haven't received anything back from them as yet.

Does anyone know if it takes that long for them to get back to me?

Should I try to contact my local MP in order to check if he/she can help in some way?

Cheers 🙂 

2 minutes ago, GUS said:

Hey Guys,

I have made a FOI request last week on the 12/02/2020 however I haven't received anything back from them as yet.

Does anyone know if it takes that long for them to get back to me?

Should I try to contact my local MP in order to check if he/she can help in some way?

Cheers 🙂 

Hi Gus,

Please update your timeline in your signature so that others who are assisting you know about your case. Usually(from what I've heard), its good to wait 9 months for an invite from application date before putting a FOI.

1 hour ago, Indianinoz said:

Hi Gus,

Please update your timeline in your signature so that others who are assisting you know about your case. Usually(from what I've heard), its good to wait 9 months for an invite from application date before putting a FOI.

Hi Indianinoz,

Have just included my signature with timeline.

I applied for citizenship in April last year and it is quite disappointing that I haven't received anything back from them yet.

• Thanks 1