AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

3 hours ago, runni said:

Here's what I did.

At page 6/34 (the residence eligibility), you can choose you're applying for an residence exemption (answer Yes). This way, it will let you proceed with filling out the questionnaire. I completed my application up until the point of attaching all the documents and then saved it.

When you reach the date of being eligible, the page 6/34 just disappears and is not even displayed to you anymore - it's automatically skipped because you're already eligible.

Thanks for this. Actually I phoned immigration yesterday and asked about this and they suggested the same thing but to go back and change the answer before I submitted it. I didn’t realise the whole page disappeared though.

They reconfirmed my eligibility date is 16th Feb so I’ll do exactly this to get it ready to submit. 

Thanks again!

1 hour ago, imthedave said:

Thanks for this. Actually I phoned immigration yesterday and asked about this and they suggested the same thing but to go back and change the answer before I submitted it. I didn’t realise the whole page disappeared though.

They reconfirmed my eligibility date is 16th Feb so I’ll do exactly this to get it ready to submit. 

Thanks again!

One thing to remember, but it may not affect you...We were granted our visa, activated it then only emigrated twelve months later.  Because we were out of the Australia for a certain length of time we had to get Police Clearance certificates again from UK.  It flagged it as a requirement when you input all the times you are out of Australia

Hi guys does any one know how long citizenships application takes to approve after test. In the immi account it still says received 

timeline

applied 02/02/18 Melbourne 

test invitation 08/11/18

test date 31/01/19 passed(100%)

approval : waiting 

wyndham council Melbourne 

1 hour ago, Keshev said:

Hi guys does any one know how long citizenships application takes to approve after test. In the immi account it still says received 

timeline

test invitation 08/11/18

If you look back over this thread you will see that for some approval was the same day but others have waited for many months after the test. No obvious reason for it though. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keshev said:

timeline

test invitation 08/11/18

Hi Keshev,

My partner is still waiting for his approval. He done the test on 3rd September 2018 and got 100% also.

Looks like there isn't any real pattern and its all just random as some are getting approvals the same day as the test then others waiting months 😞 

Hi All

Bit a last minute question, We have our Interview on 07/02/2019, and can't locate the original form 1195 and photo's. Is this a serious show stopper? and if so is there anything we can do, like get new forms/photos signed?

Any help would be appreciated. 

1 minute ago, Red Rose said:

That citizenship test seriously needs overhauling. I completed it today in about 90 seconds with 100% and you don’t even have four answers to choose from but THREE!

Is it made that easy so children can pass? 

Dear Red rose,

can you tell me how can i practice those questions online? Or any other source related to the test to practice well.

Regards

4 hours ago, JamesH said:

Hi All

Bit a last minute question, We have our Interview on 07/02/2019, and can't locate the original form 1195 and photo's. Is this a serious show stopper? and if so is there anything we can do, like get new forms/photos signed?

I suggest arranging new ID photo and new form 1195 to be signed by one of your qualified friends who is belonging to specific occupation.

15 hours ago, JamesH said:

Hi All

Well we took ours and it wasn’t asked for they just wanted our birth ceros and passports and my marriage certificate as proof of name change.  Son wasn’t asked for his either. I guess some offices may be fussier than others.  Can you call the test centre and ask the question?

13 hours ago, KazBaker said:

Dear Red rose,

can you tell me how can i practice those questions online? Or any other source related to the test to practice well.

Regards

There is a practice test on the citizenship section of the website. It has the testable section followed by example questions.

There are some free ones on line as well. I did some and some of the questions were not related to the testable information at all and ki panicked a bit!  The actual test is very easy IF you have read and understood the relevant information. 

Here is the link. https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/citizenship/test-and-interview

3 hours ago, rammygirl said:

Well we took ours and it wasn’t asked for they just wanted our birth ceros and passports and my marriage certificate as proof of name change.  Son wasn’t asked for his either. I guess some offices may be fussier than others.  Can you call the test centre and ask the question?

We were only asked to show drivers license and passport.

But when I called the call center before they advised to bring the originals of all documents that you submitted with the application - so might be good to get a new 1195 signed as suggested just in case...

For anyone that’s interested in passports  - I attended citizenship ceremony on Saturday 26th January - was told I had to wait ten days till I could apply for passport, I didn’t have ten days to wait as I’m going to Thailand this week so I applied for passport as soon as i could on Tuesday 29th January and it arrived exactly one week later on 5th February 😀

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 1

6 minutes ago, mariaoz13 said:

Hi guys,

I got my approval the 6/11 same date as the interview, since then no invite to the ceremony as yet.

How long it usually takes to get the ceremony invite?

Anybody know when are the next ceremony? I am from Sydney, Waverley Council.

Thanks a lot!

Hi Mariazo,

According to the updated processing times can be up to 5 months wait from approval to ceremony. 

image.png.9f57bdc68adec7cee4572f280a89e54d.png

1 hour ago, mariaoz13 said:

Hi guys,

I got my approval the 6/11 same date as the interview, since then no invite to the ceremony as yet.

How long it usually takes to get the ceremony invite?

Anybody know when are the next ceremony? I am from Sydney, Waverley Council.

Thanks a lot!

as per the trend I have seen, its withing 1.5 months after approval. But it depends how many ceremonies held by your local council in an year. Check website of your local council and probably in next ceremony your name would be included.