AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

6 minutes ago, NSJ said:

Did they collect your signature during the appointment/ interview before test? 

No, They have not taken but they checked

- Form 1195

- Driving license, Birth certificate, Medicare, Passport

that is all

1 hour ago, Sheila said:

No, They have not taken but they checked

- Form 1195

- Driving license, Birth certificate, Medicare, Passport

that is all

I rescheduled and passed my test on 27/June. But during the interview/appointment my CO requested additional documents which I submitted to another officer earlier today (been told my CO is on sick leave).  The interesting thing is that I have received another email sent to me on the same day of my test appointment on 27/June. I did ask them today and was told to ignore that. Anyone had similar experience ? 

• Like 1

Just now, Sheila said:

Yes, I got another appointment test email in September after passing the test. Although I already appeared test on 23 June.

Is it a common thing? Why do they need to re-book an appointment ?  They did not request any additional documents from you, did they. 

Just now, Sheila said:

I am in the second week, 4 weeks is common 4 Melbourne 

The police check and postage takes a bit time, I think, despite I've seen people got approved on the same day of the appointment. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NSJ said:

The police check and postage takes a bit time, I think, despite I've seen people got approved on the same day of the appointment. 

A lot of them got approved on the same day. But some of them get the letter late

Just now, Sheila said:

A lot of them got approved on the same day. But some of them get the letter late

It really comes down to the individual case officer, I suppose, like I was told my case officer is on sick-leave (? for how long). 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I think they should either take express envelopes on the day of the interview or email approval letters to save some time. Police check, they checked many times already. After interview do they check again?

Considering records of same day approval, they must have obtained police check pre test appointments. In reality, I don't know if that's always the case. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Sheila said:

I think you are right. It really depends on the case officer

I just can't figure out why they sent us another appointment email after we have passed the test on the day. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sheila said:

What they said when you called. I even did not bother to call.

I did not call them, I went back to submit the request document in person and asked an officer about the email and was briefly told to ignore it. I did not get the chance to see my case officer as She is on sick-leave. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sheila said:

Isn't the Immigration department linked with AFP? Do they really post the police record to the Immigration dept? There's a lot of people applying especially the NZ citizens. Hope this doesn't delay our approvals....I mean delay longer :-(

Just now, tech123 said:

Isn't the Immigration department linked with AFP? Do they really post the police record to the Immigration dept? There's a lot of people applying especially the NZ citizens. Hope this doesn't delay our approvals....I mean delay longer :-(

DIBP carry out the AFP check.There is no need for the applicant to worry about it at all.

10 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

DIBP carry out the AFP check.There is no need for the applicant to worry about it at all.

Is the AFP check the main reason for the delay of the approval? I have called the citizenship dept last week and they told me to wait first for the approval that is sent by post (not by email). I am in touch with my council but everything goes down to what the DIBP feeds them. I was advised though by my council to contact them before the schedule of the ceremony just to double check if my name is in the list of attendees. You know, just in case gaps in communication happens.

• Like 1