AUSTRALIAN CITIZENSHIP TIMELINES 2018-2019

FlashP5sub175

Yeah the tentative date thing is weird, I called them last week which was a week after approval but they said nothing as of yet. So I am going to call them back maybe in 2 weeks time to see. Only so I can get stuff sorted for my Dec leave as I am flying back to Brussels to see family for Xmas.

Just a question - how quick does urgent passport take? My council has a ceremony on the 14th Dec (I leave on Xmas day) and if I am on it - I will have to apply for urgent passport as I will cease to be a resident and will have to travel on an Australian passport.

Edited by Chandnihorvath

Guest Sarah2016

My friend applied through Regular processing and it took just 2-3 weeks. Priority processing is within 5 days. Since you are traveling it is better to apply priority processing.

Edited by Sarah2016

Guest Sarah2016

Just wondering if DIBP keeps record of our call history under our name?

i almost call every week, so around 16 calls in total so far ;)

Edited by Sarah2016

They do when you call about a visa, would imagine the same happens for citizenship.

Yeah I have a feeling they do as well. I rang them last week about a tentative date and I rang them the next day to update some personal details and she asked me why I didn't do it yesterday? And no, they were not the same operators. I said well, it only just came through today. lol

But I hope they don't discriminate against of the number of calls made haha I am borderline close to Sarah2016's number. :P

Guest Sarah2016
So 5 days including postage? I'd reckon the actual time would be less than 5 days. :)

I guess they also provide option for pick up at passport office when you apply priority option, so you can avoid the postal delay. Probably someone can confirm this

I guess they also provide option for pick up at passport office when you apply priority option, so you can avoid the postal delay. Probably someone can confirm this

I probably don't have that option because I am in Townsville so I will have to get it posted back. I am assuming they will be using Express Post.

Applied online - 19/5/16

Email acknowledgement - 19/5/16

Test email - 21/5/16

Test date - 26/5/16 (originally 13/7/16. Managed to reschedule, but had to go to Parramatta)

City council - Sydney city.

Ceremony - 24/8

That was so quick indeed! Congrats!

Was the invitation via e-mail or was it snail mail? I've heard rumours of City of Sydney using email instead.

Hi guys

I was approved on 26 july

No tentative date yet

Last ceremony for this year will be on 20 sep

What u guys recon??

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I asked the council and was told the ceremonies participants number hardly reaches 60 people. I think thats mostly DIBP who makes the decision. From what i see in other applicants timeline i believe the minimum waiting time is three months and DIBP wont let us get in unless we have waited for at least three months regardless of available vacancies at council ceremony

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what i see in other applicants timeline i believe the minimum waiting time is three months and DIBP wont let us get in unless we have waited for at least three months regardless of available vacancies at council ceremony

This is so silly, if its true! I thought they'd want to get it over and done with to avoid backlog/over filling the venue.

I asked the council and was told the ceremonies participants number hardly reaches 60 people. I think thats mostly DIBP who makes the decision. From what i see in other applicants timeline i believe the minimum waiting time is three months and DIBP wont let us get in unless we have waited for at least three months regardless of available vacancies at council ceremony

This is true.i asked my council too. They said we had a ceremony last month and there were not many applicant in the list sent by the department. But people r still waiting for their ceremonies. Actually the department usually sent the list with not many people on the list. This is ridiculous

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk