Resident Return Visa query/panic!

shiveringpom

So applied for mine with change of surname due to marriage and applied for husbands same time, citizenship application in since 3/1/18 brisbane- nothing whatsoever so far ......straightforward applications

Husbands granted immediately

Mine says received and processing time 67 days to 5 months ........

Surely this cant be true for a RRV...... panicking .... please advice if this is true as they cant penalise all woman up to 5 months banned from leaving the country ???? Tips please

2 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

So applied for mine with change of surname due to marriage and applied for husbands same time, citizenship application in since 3/1/18 brisbane- nothing whatsoever so far ......straightforward applications

Surely this cant be true for a RRV...... panicking .... please advice if this is true as they cant penalise all woman up to 5 months banned from leaving the country ???? Tips please

You aren't being penalised for being a woman what makes you think that? There are many reports of RRVs taking several months, thats just the timeline at present and anything quicker is good luck, male, female or otherwise!

Because of the huge backlog or citizenship there are more RRV aplications now, so the queue is bigger, simple as that.

Also you aren't banned from leaing the country, you can leave whenever you like. The problem is getting back in again. 

yes but obviously this was tongue in cheek that for almost all married woman who changed there name ( obv own choice ) we  get slapped with a wait potentially   lol. iam aware other uploaded forms may take a long time to check ......

strangely tho the form u upload to allow your kids to get RRV , form 1229  which has to have both parents sign wasnt an issue and with kids i thought that might have been an issue - the kids were granted in 30 seconds/immediately so  no one checking that both parents sign  these forms........  

its just a tad scarey that if it takes that long i cant even go on holiday outside of oz  as then cant get back in obv which isnt a viable option....... nor travel for work nor attend elderly parentsin uk if needbe 

yes citizenship is really being dragged out for everyone it seems .... just given immigration so much stuff over the years its exhausting so god knows how complex applicants manage 

3 hours ago, Tulip1 said:

You got married over 20 years ago yet only just changed name?

Nope !  Name changed at marriage like most people . The question is ‘ have u ever been known by a different name ‘ the answer is yes my old pre marital name many years ago like a lot of married ladies so u tick yes then that asks you to upload your marriage. Certificate ...... this is the only difference between mine and kids rrv application all done at same time and all linked on group application .....  maybe someone has to sight the marriage certificate ????  Even tho PR all in place ???? 

3 hours ago, paulhand said:

Have you changed your passport and not updated the Department? Sounds like your travel records aren't linked to the details you provided.

Nope passport all in family name as is PR and citizenship application that’s going at present ..... anything Iam missing or anyone else had issue with RRV that should have been instant or am I just unlucky and been tossed in the pile ? X

16 minutes ago, shiveringpom said:

Nope passport all in family name as is PR and citizenship application that’s going at present ..... anything Iam missing or anyone else had issue with RRV that should have been instant or am I just unlucky and been tossed in the pile ? X

I know I have read posts from agents lately saying that RRVs are someiimes now taking several weeks or even months. Sadly maybe you were just unlucky

10 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

I know I have read posts from agents lately saying that RRVs are someiimes now taking several weeks or even months. Sadly maybe you were just unlucky

Yep maybe one just selected to be formally vetted in person ..... Iam intrigued about accounts not being linked tho ..... when we applied for PR our account went ‘missing ‘ and it went dead for months until we managed to make contact and find our file had been affected by a glitch and had gone into some dead end file - an immigration agent at home affairs eventually found our account with all our uploads etc and we got fast tracked with an apology...... just weird that my upload has caused this delay yet the kids form 1229 wasn’t obviously looked at in person yet that involves children ? There rrv approved within seconds of hitting pay ??? All very strange but nothing new Iam sure and at least Iam in oz working with a roof over my head 

12 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

Yes, unfortunately RRV's are taking months in some cases.  Due to cuts in staffing at Immigration, they're absolutely swamped and the government doesn't care - in fact, for things like new visas and citizenship, it suits their political agenda to go slow.

If a RRV is straightforward,  they seem to rubber-stamp them immediately.  If an application has even the slightest thing that has to be double-checked, it goes in the pile to be checked.  

2 minutes ago, Marisawright said:

Yes, unfortunately RRV's are taking months in some cases.  Due to cuts in staffing at Immigration, they're absolutely swamped and the government doesn't care - in fact, for things like new visas and citizenship, it suits their political agenda to go slow.

If a RRV is straightforward,  they seem to rubber-stamp them immediately.  If an application has even the slightest thing that has to be double-checked, it goes in the pile to be checked.  

Yep suspect my marriage certificate needs looking at for some bizarre reason ??? Just feel hopeless as so slow and you get no help when u call numbers just told to wait.......   up to 5 months seems bonkers ..... only hope is maybe I will be a citizen by then 😂 

12 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

Lordy that first sentence doesn’t make sense - applied for rrv as normal  with husband and kids online all linked is how first paragraph should read ....... 

only difference was that I had to upload marriage certificate due to question about previous names ...... 

Some RRV applications that meet residency requirements and tick all the boxes are processed very quickly (most likely without any human intervention).

Anything that falls outside of this, take a long time to process. 

It could be many things that have caused your application to fall outside of the standard processing basket. 

45 minutes ago, Raul Senise said:

Some RRV applications that meet residency requirements and tick all the boxes are processed very quickly (most likely without any human intervention).

Anything that falls outside of this, take a long time to process. 

It could be many things that have caused your application to fall outside of the standard processing basket. 

Thing is nothing is different to my families application but I did change my passport this year with my citizenship application and these have been done by post ..... Iam thinking my passport linkage may not be in place - also our PR visa grant doesn’t exist in our immi account - not sure if it should ? Someone mentioned links not joining up and just wondering if it could be this ..... can’t see my new passport or citizenship on line nor any old visas or PR grant ?

Would an agent help ? There is no reason I shouldn’t get rrv as been here almost 5 years now like my kids and family ..... nothing different Other than new passport .......  could my accounts and info I have sent over years be lying in different places ?

we got lost in PR as I said as our account got stuck only to be found after months by an agent then fast tracked thro with an apology ........

all the above suggestions helped me mill it all over and my only thought now is ?linkage of accounts broken ...... or maybe they do just need to view a marriage certificate strangely ?

all thoughts welcome as all very helpful in trying to work out what to do next ......

Oh when I say agent I mean an Ozzie home affairs agent at immigration hunted down our PR file not a private agent and the apology came from immigration ...... 

grateful for all tips as lay awake last night mulling over what could be different and actually it’s my new passport possibly altho this is in same name as old one and PR visa ....... plus our PR visa isn’t visible at all in our account and not sure if it should be ? 

First world problem obv but Iam wondering if all our links scattered  and not in one place ......? 

14 hours ago, paulhand said:

Have you changed your passport and not updated the Department? Sounds like your travel records aren't linked to the details you provided.

Iam thinking you could be right - altho passports and all visa stuff all in same names I did. Change passport But did send off paperwork to tell them with all stuff they needed ..... could this be the link that’s not adding up ? Altho did travel in/ out on new passport at Easter no problem ? 

Passport just expired so got new one with no changes but travelled on it so it must have been linked up to my PR ???? Or else I would have got stopped coming back in ?

great getting all these thoughts as very helpful in trying to work out what issue could be so please feel free to keep giving them out !  

Passport change now only difference but doesn’t make sense if already used it without issue ??? ......

Edited by shiveringpom

9 hours ago, shiveringpom said:

Yep suspect my marriage certificate needs looking at for some bizarre reason ??? Just feel hopeless as so slow and you get no help when u call numbers just told to wait.......   up to 5 months seems bonkers ..... only hope is maybe I will be a citizen by then 😂 

You would have put your maiden name on the original application and supplied your marriage certificate - so you're not providing new information.  I know it's frustrating, but they won't be picking on you specifically for your gender.  All applications will be treated separately - e.g. we all got our passports at different times, even though they all went in on the same day.

4 minutes ago, ali said:

You would have put your maiden name on the original application and supplied your marriage certificate - so you're not providing new information.  I know it's frustrating, but they won't be picking on you specifically for your gender.  All applications will be treated separately - e.g. we all got our passports at different times, even though they all went in on the same day.

Thankyou - deep down I know this but you know what’s it’s like when u feel totally stuck / not sure what to do / rest of family sorted / fed up with filling in forms and uploading stuff ...... all first world problems .... then u panic and think the worst like can never leave or will get kicked out or Mum will die and can’t leave country etc etc .... all ridiculous thoughts ..... at least here in Oz with work and house.....  must stay calm and put away crazy lady thoughts ! 😝 x