Fuel Efficient car

Indianinoz

Hello,

I'm looking for a car:
a) Automatic gear (apart from that, no other features required, even A/C and radio are not essential....of course if it comes with these, no worries, but not required)
b) Very fuel efficient: I drive a lot
c) Price range: Up to $3,000 preferably (2nd hand is fine)
d) Quite common for mechanics in Australia
e) If its a 4 wheel drive, it would be great, But not essential.

Which such car would you recommend? Being Fuel efficient is the most important thing. What should I see in a car's specifications to ensure it is fuel efficient?

29 minutes ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a car:
a) Automatic gear (apart from that, no other features required, even A/C and radio are not essential....of course if it comes with these, no worries, but not required)

Which such car would you recommend? Being Fuel efficient is the most important thing. What should I see in a car's specifications to ensure it is fuel efficient?

I would be looking at a small diesel. 

• Thanks 1

There are 220 cars advertised for sale under $3000 right now in Sydney.  Hopefully someone with more knowledge of old Australian model cars can give you a recommendation based on these current options.  Obviously the cars you will find for sale when you arrive in December will be different from these but it gives you an idea.

https://www.carsguide.com.au/buy-a-car/all-used/nsw/sydney/all-bodytypes/all-makes/?priceTo=3000&distanceFromMe=Sydney 2000, NSW

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Indianinoz said:

Hello,

I'm looking for a car:

Probably not that fuel efficient, but looks a decent car

https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/D_10097841/VOLKSWAGEN--BORA--NSW+-+Sydney--GRANVILLE+2142,+NSW--?searchKey=cg_s.76577d85131ec27fc654c726c31eb190#pos9

Or this

https://www.carsguide.com.au/cars-for-sale/D_10088125/HOLDEN--ASTRA--NSW+-+Sydney--KOGARAH+2217,+NSW--Sedan?searchKey=cg_s.2c8a50bc1eefe565366cf50cca9892f8#pos2

Edited by newjez
  • Thanks 1