Increased points requirement for skilled visas

31 minutes ago, Jonno1981 said:

Hi Alan,

Do you know when we can expect to see the occupation lists updated on both the Australian and state government websites? I was expecting to see changes on the 1st July, but it appears neither have been updated as of the 2nd?

There are no changes to the skilled occupations lists as yet.

Best regards.

1 minute ago, JetBlast said:

Hi Alan,

To follow on from the previous questions. How do you know if the 489 SOL has been updated on the South Australia website please? There is a date that says "list current as" but that automatically changes every day.

Thanks

You need to check each day, or have an agent acting for you who is actively monitoring your case.

Best regards.

14 minutes ago, JetBlast said:

I am willing to check but I am wondering what I should be looking for on the page please? There doesn't seem to be a date of last update.

Thanks.

I think you may be looking for something that isn't there.

ie so far as I know there is no indication on the SA website of when the list was updated.

Best regards.

36 minutes ago, Alan Collett said:

I'm anticipating this month, but please don't hold me to it.

Best regards.

Wow, I had no idea the dates would be so relaxed!!! I assumed the respective list's would be released all together on 1st July. Massive anti-climax to say the least!!!

Hey ho, what's a few more weeks of stress and anxiety in the greater scheme of things ?

Can anyone help please. I have completed skills assessment and put in EOI but I am not being awarded the 10 points for my skills. I have put my aqf in as a qualification and skills assessment and neither is granting me the points. Any help greatly appreciated. It is clearly something I am doing wrong and there are no contact details for help from skill select ?

• 1 month later...
Guest 48niner
On 07/07/2018 at 11:45, Bryson67 said:

Can anyone help please. I have completed skills assessment and put in EOI but I am not being awarded the 10 points for my skills. I have put my aqf in as a qualification and skills assessment and neither is granting me the points. Any help greatly appreciated. It is clearly something I am doing wrong and there are no contact details for help from skill select ?

what was the points given under your qualification, zero? You should select  diploma or bachelors...

Edited by 48niner

• 1 month later...

The recent update made by Australian immigration authority on 1st July 2018 where the applicant need to score 65 points out of 100 to be eligible to apply for Australia PR. As per the point system earlier it was 60 points which has been increase to 65 points. Although 65 points are the minimum eligibility to apply for Australia PR visa, but the immigration authority pick the applicants who are scoring highest immigration scores on priority bases. therefore applicants now need to score 70 to 75 points to get faster invitation.

39 minutes ago, Rihaan said:

The recent update made by Australian immigration authority on 1st July 2018 where the applicant need to score 65 points out of 100 to be eligible to apply for Australia PR. As per the point system earlier it was 60 points which has been increase to 65 points. Although 65 points are the minimum eligibility to apply for Australia PR visa, but the immigration authority pick the applicants who are scoring highest immigration scores on priority bases. therefore applicants now need to score 70 to 75 points to get faster invitation.

@Rihaan - if you are a registered migration agent, could you please display your MARA number in your signature.  Many thanks

• 7 months later...

Hi dear,

Just wondering I have finished my bachelor of nursing applying for registration. I did not have much work experience and my wife has also a bachelor's degree from overseas and she scored 50 plus in her PTE all modules and I am 35 years old which visa should i go for PR.

Thanks 

• 1 month later...
On 28/06/2018 at 18:15, EKR said:

Hi all, 

Just wondering if submitting the EOI when the points are still 60 with the subsequent increase to 65, will the assessment be conducted based on the point at the submission date of the application process or the new legislation (regardless of when have lodged the application)? 

Thanks!

Regards, 

E

I think as per the points based system of Australia immigration, you would be considered for 60 pointers rather 65 points one. 

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed hyperlink