Post query?

unzippy

8 hours ago, unzippy said:

Back in the UK you could re address letters and put them back in the post - return to sender, or stick the new address of the person on (landlord or previous tenant) without a new stamp.  Is that a thing in Aus?

Yep, just the same in oz

• Thanks 1

• 5 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, starlight7 said:

We live at the top of a hill.  If it is raining they don't bother, if it is very hot they don't bother. Slack as. It arrives at 3pm when it does come. Mind you, the parcel post is better but that is a different company.

Ours is delivered every day at approx 10:00am no matter how warm the weather is or how wet or how windy.   We have a post lady and I had to smile one day when the weather was foul - she is on a little motor bike - I said it must be unpleasant for her to be out in all weather and her reply was "The mail must get through".

• Like 1

I'm very much enjoying this - https://auspost.com.au/mypost/auth/#/register

Sign up for free and you can get the use of their parcel lockers.  You use the lockers as your delivery address or you can divert other post to them. You get notified when the parcel turns up and you then get 48 hours to go pick it up - at any time.

So much better than trying to go to the post office for the 3hrs they are open at the weekend ?