Visa 489 - Best Practices, Tips, Advice, Do's & Dont's

KPG

Dear all,

I Lodged my EOI to NSW 190 visa on 09/Feb/2018. Occupation cook. Points 55+5 But now they raised the Minimum points to 65.  Now the only chance is 489 visa so I'm going to apply for NSW or SA. Please advise me which state is better to seek for 489 nominations?  which region in NSW has a better opportunity to get an invitation for 489 visas?   

Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, saravanakumar said:

Dear all,

I Lodged my EOI to NSW 190 visa on 09/Feb/2018. Occupation cook. Points 55+5 But now they raised the Minimum points to 65.  Now the only chance is 489 visa so I'm going to apply for NSW or SA. Please advise me which state is better to seek for 489 nominations?  which region in NSW has a better opportunity to get an invitation for 489 visas?   

Thanks in advance!

•  

Orana nsw .. lodge it as soon as u can as it’s going on the be loads of people applying 

• Like 1

Hi all - really interesting reading this post ?

We're ready to start the process of applying for 489 but as my wife has only just completed her 3 years since qualification, we have to get TRA skills assessment first (TRA require minimum of 3 years before they'll accept an assessment). We'll have 80 points and they're currently on 4 months turnaround instead of the usual 3, so I'm concerned that SA might bump up their high points category like they did last year. To be fair, they only bumped it up in February, so if it takes 4 months and we hear back from them in November, it still should be fine, but who knows what the future will bring, as I'm sure lots more people will try the SA sponsored route now that 60 has gone up to 65 without and bonus nomination points.

I'll update my post with details once things get underway. Fingers crossed.

Also, we've previously lived in Adelaide on a working holiday visa and it was amazing. If anyone would like any tips about the city (although it was back in 2011) then please ask ?

Dear all!

I lodged 489 EOI and Orana nomination on 13/July/2018 for Occupation position. Points: 55+10. Any idea how long they will take to approve my nomination? Can I apply for SA 489 nomination as well? Is there any problem if I submitted multiple EOI and nomination? 

Please advice

Thank u all!

I have seen people sharing their experience with lowest points getting invitation in 3 days or in a week .. must say they are really lucky people .. one week is passed waiting for an invitation from Murray .. so worried as Govt is getting tough day by day 

• 1 month later...

hi, i lodged 489 south australia visa file on 6th july, what the waiting period going on for grant, I came here on visitor visa, here i lodged file then govt, gave me bridging visa with work right, but still m in stress, becoz in india my business is suffering. If is getting long time, i would prefer to go back, otherwise i will wait to stay in australia.

plz give me ur feedback 

21 minutes ago, hitesh sharma said:

hi, i lodged 489 south australia visa file on 6th july, what the waiting period going on for grant, I came here on visitor visa, here i lodged file then govt, gave me bridging visa with work right, but still m in stress, becoz in india my business is suffering. If is getting long time, i would prefer to go back, otherwise i will wait to stay in australia.

plz give me ur feedback 

The processing time is 10 months. 

• 1 month later...

Hi

i am a registered nurse with 3 years experience I am having difficult time getting invite.

my agent said to speed up I should apply for 489 but she thought Northern Territory I should go for. 

Since putting it in I have been looking at Western Australia it seems that nurses are eligible for a 489. Can someone please confirm I have that right and also the chances of getting one I have 65 points basic add another five for state sponsored I also have N uncle who lives in Perth.

thanks in advance 

6 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi

i am a registered nurse with 3 years experience I am having difficult time getting invite.

my agent said to speed up I should apply for 489 but she thought Northern Territory I should go for. 

Since putting it in I have been looking at Western Australia it seems that nurses are eligible for a 489. Can someone please confirm I have that right and also the chances of getting one I have 65 points basic add another five for state sponsored I also have N uncle who lives in Perth.

thanks in advance 

Pauline, Which anzsco code are you? If you are a Nec nurse Victoria will be a possible option for a 190 visa. For NSW it will take a very long time to obtain sponsorship as they invite the people with highest points first. Northern Territory have nec nurse on their list not sure if you will get 190 or 489 .  Western Australia does not have nec nurse on their list And South Australia just added extra conditions to the nec nurse 190 and 489. If you have a different anzsco code it could offer more options.

1 hour ago, Jenki75 said:

Pauline, Which anzsco code are you? If you are a Nec nurse Victoria will be a possible option for a 190 visa. For NSW it will take a very long time to obtain sponsorship as they invite the people with highest points first. Northern Territory have nec nurse on their list not sure if you will get 190 or 489 .  Western Australia does not have nec nurse on their list And South Australia just added extra conditions to the nec nurse 190 and 489. If you have a different anzsco code it could offer more options.

Hi thanks for your reply I’m the emergency and critical care one. I thought the Western Australia website said 489 was possible for this one but not 190. Thanks 

27 minutes ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi thanks for your reply I’m the emergency and critical care one. I thought the Western Australia website said 489 was possible for this one but not 190. Thanks 

Yes, for the 254415 critical care and emergency nurse  the 489 visa is an option in western Australia.

• Thanks 1

How does one go about getting certified copies of required documents?

I understand that I can just go to my university and get them to certify a copy of my degree and transcript, and I can go to a passport office and get them to provide me a certified copy of the passport.

But how does it work for a skills assessment and English language test as these are just PDF documents? What would my options be in his case?

Not onshore/ in AU.

2 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Yes, for the 254415 critical care and emergency nurse  the 489 visa is an option in western Australia.

Thanks for that I just wanted to confirm as sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall 🙁 what do you think my chances are of securing a 489 with 65 points basic 70 with state nomination and does the 489 in Western Australia allow you to live and work wherever you like or are there restrictions 

thanks again for your info

14 minutes ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Thanks for that I just wanted to confirm as sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall 🙁 what do you think my chances are of securing a 489 with 65 points basic 70 with state nomination and does the 489 in Western Australia allow you to live and work wherever you like or are there restrictions 

thanks again for your info

Pauline, you will get 10 points if you get offered a 489 visa. In western Australia on a 489 you have to live in a regional area. I believe there are 9 regional areas. You can not live in Perth as it is not a regional area. 

• Thanks 1