Jump to content

You're currently viewing the forum as a Guest
register-now-button_orig.png
and join in with discussions   
ask migration questions
message other members

..and much much more!

KPG

Visa 489 - Best Practices, Tips, Advice, Do's & Dont's

Recommended Posts

Dear all,

I Lodged my EOI to NSW 190 visa on 09/Feb/2018. Occupation cook. Points 55+5 But now they raised the Minimum points to 65.  Now the only chance is 489 visa so I'm going to apply for NSW or SA. Please advise me which state is better to seek for 489 nominations?  which region in NSW has a better opportunity to get an invitation for 489 visas?   

Thanks in advance!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, saravanakumar said:

Dear all,

I Lodged my EOI to NSW 190 visa on 09/Feb/2018. Occupation cook. Points 55+5 But now they raised the Minimum points to 65.  Now the only chance is 489 visa so I'm going to apply for NSW or SA. Please advise me which state is better to seek for 489 nominations?  which region in NSW has a better opportunity to get an invitation for 489 visas?   

Thanks in advance!

 
  •  

Orana nsw .. lodge it as soon as u can as it’s going on the be loads of people applying 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi all - really interesting reading this post ?

We're ready to start the process of applying for 489 but as my wife has only just completed her 3 years since qualification, we have to get TRA skills assessment first (TRA require minimum of 3 years before they'll accept an assessment). We'll have 80 points and they're currently on 4 months turnaround instead of the usual 3, so I'm concerned that SA might bump up their high points category like they did last year. To be fair, they only bumped it up in February, so if it takes 4 months and we hear back from them in November, it still should be fine, but who knows what the future will bring, as I'm sure lots more people will try the SA sponsored route now that 60 has gone up to 65 without and bonus nomination points.

I'll update my post with details once things get underway. Fingers crossed.

Also, we've previously lived in Adelaide on a working holiday visa and it was amazing. If anyone would like any tips about the city (although it was back in 2011) then please ask ?


  • Occupation: 323316 - Watchmaker, Visa: State-sponsored (SA) 489 visa, high points category
  • Points: 80 = Age (30), Qualification (15), Experience (5), Language (20), SA 489 (10)
  • Passed IELTS: 9, 9, 8, 9: 20/07/2018TRA application lodged: 24/07/2018TRA positive result: 15/10/18
  • SkillSelect EOI lodged: 16/10/18SA application lodged: 18/10/18SA acceptance: 06/12/18
  • Visa lodged: 13/12/18Visa granted: 20/06/19
  • Arrive in Adelaide: 26th August 2019

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dear all!

             I lodged 489 EOI and Orana nomination on 13/July/2018 for Occupation position. Points: 55+10. Any idea how long they will take to approve my nomination? Can I apply for SA 489 nomination as well? Is there any problem if I submitted multiple EOI and nomination? 

 Please advice

Thank u all!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes you can apply there is no problem if you apply for multiple EOI. Best of luck brother. 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, Mohammed said:

Yes you can apply there is no problem if you apply for multiple EOI. Best of luck brother. 

Thanks bro!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/07/2018 at 19:52, saravanakumar said:

Hi all,

 

      Any idea about the processing time for Orana  489 nominations?

I m also waiting for invitation from orana. I applied in may

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have seen people sharing their experience with lowest points getting invitation in 3 days or in a week .. must say they are really lucky people .. one week is passed waiting for an invitation from Murray .. so worried as Govt is getting tough day by day 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Vick said:

I m also waiting for invitation from orana. I applied in may

Y they are taking so long? they mentioned that processing time is 6 to 7 weeks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, saravanakumar said:

Y they are taking so long? they mentioned that processing time is 6 to 7 weeks. 

I checked my application online they said it's currently processing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi All, has anyone had any EOI approved yet from Orana ? We lodged our EOI for secondary school teacher on 75 points on 14/7/18 and have been told processing is currently 10-12 weeks. Please share your experiances

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Jamiewigan said:

Hi All, has anyone had any EOI approved yet from Orana ? We lodged our EOI for secondary school teacher on 75 points on 14/7/18 and have been told processing is currently 10-12 weeks. Please share your experiances

 

 

no updates, Applied on 13/7/18 to orana.  occupation: cook

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

hi, i lodged 489 south australia visa file on 6th july, what the waiting period going on for grant, I came here on visitor visa, here i lodged file then govt, gave me bridging visa with work right, but still m in stress, becoz in india my business is suffering. If is getting long time, i would prefer to go back, otherwise i will wait to stay in australia.

plz give me ur feedback 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, hitesh sharma said:

hi, i lodged 489 south australia visa file on 6th july, what the waiting period going on for grant, I came here on visitor visa, here i lodged file then govt, gave me bridging visa with work right, but still m in stress, becoz in india my business is suffering. If is getting long time, i would prefer to go back, otherwise i will wait to stay in australia.

plz give me ur feedback 

The processing time is 10 months. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought the min points for a 489 to be successful was 80 points?


1/12/2018 482 TSS Lodged MTSSL | 6/12/2018 482 TSS Granted 12/12/2018 Landed in Australia  🇦🇺 🐨 ☀️

27/9/2019 186DE Nomination & Visa Lodged (onshore) | 4/10/2019 Medicals  | 9/10/2019 Medicals Cleared

STATUS: Received 27/9/2019 | Further Assessment 9/10/2019 

STATUS: Finalised GRANTED 8/11/2019 🍾🍾🍾🍾

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey all anyone have idea co requested documents already submitted in 1 months ago. How long will take to reply co back to us ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi

i am a registered nurse with 3 years experience I am having difficult time getting invite.

my agent said to speed up I should apply for 489 but she thought Northern Territory I should go for. 

Since putting it in I have been looking at Western Australia it seems that nurses are eligible for a 489. Can someone please confirm I have that right and also the chances of getting one I have 65 points basic add another five for state sponsored I also have N uncle who lives in Perth.

thanks in advance 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi

i am a registered nurse with 3 years experience I am having difficult time getting invite.

my agent said to speed up I should apply for 489 but she thought Northern Territory I should go for. 

Since putting it in I have been looking at Western Australia it seems that nurses are eligible for a 489. Can someone please confirm I have that right and also the chances of getting one I have 65 points basic add another five for state sponsored I also have N uncle who lives in Perth.

thanks in advance 

Pauline, Which anzsco code are you? If you are a Nec nurse Victoria will be a possible option for a 190 visa. For NSW it will take a very long time to obtain sponsorship as they invite the people with highest points first. Northern Territory have nec nurse on their list not sure if you will get 190 or 489 .  Western Australia does not have nec nurse on their list And South Australia just added extra conditions to the nec nurse 190 and 489. If you have a different anzsco code it could offer more options.


29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jenki75 said:

Pauline, Which anzsco code are you? If you are a Nec nurse Victoria will be a possible option for a 190 visa. For NSW it will take a very long time to obtain sponsorship as they invite the people with highest points first. Northern Territory have nec nurse on their list not sure if you will get 190 or 489 .  Western Australia does not have nec nurse on their list And South Australia just added extra conditions to the nec nurse 190 and 489. If you have a different anzsco code it could offer more options.

Hi thanks for your reply I’m the emergency and critical care one. I thought the Western Australia website said 489 was possible for this one but not 190. Thanks 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Hi thanks for your reply I’m the emergency and critical care one. I thought the Western Australia website said 489 was possible for this one but not 190. Thanks 

Yes, for the 254415 critical care and emergency nurse  the 489 visa is an option in western Australia.

 

  • Thanks 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How does one go about getting certified copies of required documents?

I understand that I can just go to my university and get them to certify a copy of my degree and transcript, and I can go to a passport office and get them to provide me a certified copy of the passport.

But how does it work for a skills assessment and English language test as these are just PDF documents? What would my options be in his case?

 

Not onshore/ in AU.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jenki75 said:

Yes, for the 254415 critical care and emergency nurse  the 489 visa is an option in western Australia.

 

Thanks for that I just wanted to confirm as sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall 🙁 what do you think my chances are of securing a 489 with 65 points basic 70 with state nomination and does the 489 in Western Australia allow you to live and work wherever you like or are there restrictions 

thanks again for your info

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Pauline Mohammed said:

Thanks for that I just wanted to confirm as sometimes you feel like your banging your head against a brick wall 🙁 what do you think my chances are of securing a 489 with 65 points basic 70 with state nomination and does the 489 in Western Australia allow you to live and work wherever you like or are there restrictions 

thanks again for your info

Pauline, you will get 10 points if you get offered a 489 visa. In western Australia on a 489 you have to live in a regional area. I believe there are 9 regional areas. You can not live in Perth as it is not a regional area. 

  • Thanks 1

29/12/17 AHPRA logged,  31/01/2018 AHPRA asked for more docs,  20/02/2018 AHPRA rec'd docs, 27/02/2018 AHPRA extension app'd, 12/03/2018 Reg in principle, 29/03/2018 AHPRA Full Registration, 29/03/2018 Anmac Modified Skills lodged,   15/05/2018 ANMAC Mod skills Assessment +ve,  Aug. 2018 PTE-A (L:85 R:90 S:90 W:90),  South Australia State 190 Sponsorship Applied 08/09/2018, State Sponsorship Approved 08/11/2018, Lodged 190 visa 16/11/2018.  CO Contact for form 47a for migrating adult child, and non-migrating non-dependent adult children  9th April, 2019.    Grant 4th June 2019!!!! Job Offer Aug 2019, Flying to Oz October 2nd 2019✈️🇦🇺🌞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×