I have an EOI in for a 189 and 190 NSW. I am hoping the 489 points requirement will reduce from 90 in July. I have 70.
I will get 5 extra points in December so that is a plus.
Incase you didn't know, the points requirement for 489 is only for family sponsored. State nominated 489 is still at 60. I received my at 60.
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, woody2709 said:
8 minutes ago, JetBlast said:
I have an EOI in for a 189 and 190 NSW. I am hoping the 489 points requirement will reduce from 90 in July. I have 70.
I will get 5 extra points in December so that is a plus.

Incase you didn't know, the points requirement for 489 is only for family sponsored. State nominated 489 is still at 60. I received my at 60.

Thanks. For South Australia they have increased the points for the 489 in some occupations. I am a Computer Network and Systems Engineer like the OP in this post below.

Cheers for replying.

Edited by JetBlast
  • Like 1

On 31/05/2018 at 16:44, woody2709 said:

Well everyone, it's finally happened!!!! VISA GRANTED!!!! IF anyone knows my story I started last January working towards a 189 which was taking forever, caused lots of bad times and a relationship breakdown. Switched to a 489 in February and it's finally happened!!!! Couldn't be happier. Keep your fingers crossed everyone it happens when you least expect it

Timeline

Electrician (general) 60 points +10 SS

Applied for NT nomination - 09/02/18
State nomination granted - 12/02/18
Visa invitation - 14/02/18
Visa application lodged - 15/02/18
Medical - 20/02/18
Police certs for UK and Aus cleared-13/03/18
VISA GRANTED- 31/05/18

Wooo hoooo!!!! All the best. Have fun on this journey.

Hi all - really interesting reading this post ?

Now that the new state lists have been announced and South Australia has reduced their high points from 90 to 80, we're ready to start the process of applying for 489. As my wife has only just completed her 3 years since qualification, we have to get TRA skills assessment first (TRA require a minimum of 3 years before they'll accept an assessment). We'll have 80 points and they're currently on 4 months turnaround instead of the usual 3, so I'm concerned that SA might bump up their high points category like they did last year. To be fair, they only bumped it up in February, so if it takes 4 months and we hear back from them in November, it still should be fine, but who knows what the future will bring.

I'll update my post with details once things get underway. Fingers crossed.

Also, we've previously lived in Adelaide on a working holiday visa and it was amazing. If anyone would like any tips about the city (although it was back in 2011) then please ask ?

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Mr and Mrs Holmesy said:

Hello, 

Very pleased to be joining the 489 gang...?

Submitted application for a 489 to NSW on 2nd July (Northern Inland)

We have applied for Murray with 65 points in total !! For Murray region !! Occupation is motor mechanic !! What is the wait time on their website??? 

Dear all!

I lodged 489 EOI and Orana nomination on 13/July/2018 for Occupation position. Points: 55+10. Any idea how long they will take to approve my nomination? Can I apply for SA 489 nomination as well? Is there any problem if I submitted multiple EOI and nomination? 

Please advice

Thank u all!

2 hours ago, saravanakumar said:

Dear all!

I lodged 489 EOI and Orana nomination on 13/July/2018 for Occupation position. Points: 55+10. Any idea how long they will take to approve my nomination? Can I apply for SA 489 nomination as well? Is there any problem if I submitted multiple EOI and nomination? 

Please advice

Thank u all!

Every state has different requirements and take different time.I got my Queensland nomination approved in a week. The points required for SA 489 nomination is quite high so please check.Yes u can submit multiple EOI. I dont think that should be a problem.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Adaa said:

Every state has different requirements and take different time.I got my Queensland nomination approved in a week. The points required for SA 489 nomination is quite high so please check.Yes u can submit multiple EOI. I dont think that should be a problem.

Thanks for your clarification Adaa!