Anyone who has lodged for 489 Visa (state-sponsored)?? Let's try and assess the timelines here for grant. We lodged for 489 visa on 04th Sept and got a CO assigned on 04th Oct who asked us to upload PCCs. We did that on 11th Oct. No revert on grant after that. Anyone else here??

9 hours ago, kandarp said:

Hi 

I lodged application on 31st Oct , CO contact 18-12-2017 for  PTE score of spouse. Now waiting for further update from CO.

Thanks for sharing Kandarp. All the best for grant! Looks like something will be clear post New Year only Now as the office is closed for Christmas from tomorrow onwards till Jan 8th. Let's keep our fingers crossed till then. 

Edited by Nia

55 minutes ago, Sukhwinder said:

Hi mate I need bit information regarding 489 visa . How much experience we need to lodge the file.

Hi there! you would need minimum 3 years of work experience to qualify for mere 5 points under employment category. A minimum of 60 points is required to apply for 489 visa.

2 hours ago, Croos said:

Hi Guys. I lodged the Visa application on 16th Nov 2017 also uploaded all the relevant documents. But I haven't got any news from CO .... could you advice me how long it will take and what are the next steps.

Hi - congrats on lodging Visa. If all your documents are uploaded, you might not even have a CO allocated. Might get a direct grant - which can vary from 4 weeks to 6 months, depending upon the documentation. Now you can just relax as theres nothing much you can do till Grant comes. The existing timeline says "75% of the applications for 489 visa getting processed in 5 months" while 90% of the applications getting processed in 6 months. So you can expect a TAT of this long. However, if you are lucky and your case is a clear-cut one, you can also get a grant within 1-2 months. Have heard that happening too for many immigrants. All the best. Let's stay in touch on this thread to update one another of grant news. Take care.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 17:27, Nia said:

Hi many thanks for your motivation. Yep even my consultant told me that the VISA might be granted in 2 months. Anyway lets wait and see. by the way when I did my medical they said that I have diabetes (sugar) also the doctor said that the diabetes wont be an Issue.... what do you think about it??? is the diabetes will be an issue or not???? I bit worrying about it.

Hi - congrats on lodging Visa. If all your documents are uploaded, you might not even have a CO allocated. Might get a direct grant - which can vary from 4 weeks to 6 months, depending upon the documentation. Now you can just relax as theres nothing much you can do till Grant comes. The existing timeline says "75% of the applications for 489 visa getting processed in 5 months" while 90% of the applications getting processed in 6 months. So you can expect a TAT of this long. However, if you are lucky and your case is a clear-cut one, you can also get a grant within 1-2 months. Have heard that happening too for many immigrants. All the best. Let's stay in touch on this thread to update one another of grant news. Take care.

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2017 at 17:27, Nia said:

5 minutes ago, Croos said:

Guys, one of my friend submitted his application for the NT state nomination - Community Worker - on 13th August 2017 but still no response from NT. Do anyone have idea about it??? why they take these mush of time to reply?? or is this there normal processing time??? Please guys any IDEA?????

2 hours ago, Croos said:

If he has filed an EOI so far, the response will depend upon several factors: a) vacancy of community worker job code in the state b) overall points should be competitive c) documentation is complete and proper. It is not necessary that state nomination comes your way. A superior score in English competency always has an advantage - i.e. 20 points. 

All the best to your friend! Let's hope for the best.

2 hours ago, Croos said:

Honestly, I don't have much idea if diabetes should be a hindrance to your VISA grant or not. You can post the question on a separate thread to get inputs from others on this. As far as I know, it shouldn't be a major hurdle unless there is something serious that comes out in the medical report. If you have already filed for VISA, you can rest assure that diabetes will not be a spoiler.

22 minutes ago, Nia said:

Many thanks friend. Yes they only consider Threat Disease such are TB HIV and other communicable diseases. But my intuition thought like that. Even the doctor who did the medical check said it will not be an issue. Hope for the best and looking for the positive grant soon. 

Honestly, I don't have much idea if diabetes should be a hindrance to your VISA grant or not. You can post the question on a separate thread to get inputs from others on this. As far as I know, it shouldn't be a major hurdle unless there is something serious that comes out in the medical report. If you have already filed for VISA, you can rest assure that diabetes will not be a spoiler.

29 minutes ago, Nia said:

If he has filed an EOI so far, the response will depend upon several factors: a) vacancy of community worker job code in the state b) overall points should be competitive c) documentation is complete and proper. It is not necessary that state nomination comes your way. A superior score in English competency always has an advantage - i.e. 20 points. 

All the best to your friend! Let's hope for the best.

Yes he has filed the EOI and submitted the application for the NT nomination ( sponsor) he has 60 points and only competent English. do they take much time to respond?? now it is around 4 months gone.  What about your process???? 

1 minute ago, Croos said:

Thankfully, I am past the EOI stage. Received a revert on positive state sponsorship. Applied for Visa on 04th Sept, CO contacted on 04th Oct for additional documents. Response to EOI can even take a year. I have heard of applicants receiving positive EOI response after a year or year and half. So, the only suggestion is to wait patiently. Also, if you can, suggest him to give PTE or IELTS again for a superior score as that will be really good for him. He might get a positive response to EOI then! All the best

6 minutes ago, Nia said:

Thankfully, I am past the EOI stage. Received a revert on positive state sponsorship. Applied for Visa on 04th Sept, CO contacted on 04th Oct for additional documents. Response to EOI can even take a year. I have heard of applicants receiving positive EOI response after a year or year and half. So, the only suggestion is to wait patiently. Also, if you can, suggest him to give PTE or IELTS again for a superior score as that will be really good for him. He might get a positive response to EOI then! All the best.

That's great. to which state you have applied ???? and which profession??? I applied for NT. Good luck and I Pray for You. 

19 minutes ago, Nia said:

My husband is the main applicant - we have applied for 489 visa for South Australia. Profession is Management Consultant.  Thanks so much!

SA is an Ideal place. Good Luck. As I am a community worker I have high demand and opportunity in NT that's why I applied. Thank god I got in the very last days of my 40s... NT gave a high priority to my Nomination Application and granted me the Invitation... and Now waiting for the VISA....

Hi , I am from India. I have worked in Australia before for 4 years as a Geologist (Oil & Gas) under 457 visa but I never applied for PR. Now I am in India and I am 40 yrs old and now I want to move to Australia. I had submitted EOI for 489 visa in April 2017 but still haven't got any response!  Should I submit application for 190 Visa or continue waiting for 489 visa? I m having 65 points. My Ielts score is 7.5 and it will expire in a year time.

15 hours ago, Ashutosh said:

Hi , I am from India. I have worked in Australia before for 4 years as a Geologist (Oil & Gas) under 457 visa but I never applied for PR. Now I am in India and I am 40 yrs old and now I want to move to Australia. I had submitted EOI for 489 visa in April 2017 but still haven't got any response!  Should I submit application for 190 Visa or continue waiting for 489 visa? I m having 65 points. My Ielts score is 7.5 and it will expire in a year time.

Hi Ashutosh. You can submit multiple EOIs - it is legitimate. If 190 has opened up for your job code, please feel free to apply For EOI. Dont wait for 489. You never know if its coming or not. You have 65 points with state sponsorship or without?

14 hours ago, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

We applied for state sponsorship (QLD Midwife) in November got accepted in 4 days and 2 weeks later applied for visa after the medicals, been waiting 3 weeks now, front loaded all documents, hopefully we'll get accepted by June so my wife can apply to aphra in time.

Ok, great. Congrats. All the best for grant. You can expect 489 visa by April. As per Skill Select, 75 percent applications are getting processed within 5 months.

18 hours ago, Nia said:

All the best to all of us. Let's hope New Year rings in good news!

Yes 2018 begins with Hopes and Blessings..... I hope you will be granted by Jan 2018.... I am eagerly waiting for the grant and hope to be happened as miracle ASAP. Happy New Year and please update your status if you get any news... I Have a question that... Is any chances for the VISA refusal ??? If our Medical & Character is clear is everything is clear??? or Still any reasons to refuse???