How long it take for whole process as I applied for visa om 12th Sep but my visa officer is very efficient and kept me asking about more documents to support my claim and i submitted my last document by 15th Feb-2018. Now no more documentation is required as per my visa officer. so how much maximum time required for visa grant now? And can i change my job while my visa decision is pending?

20 minutes ago, varun410 said:

How long it take for whole process as I applied for visa om 12th Sep but my visa officer is very efficient and kept me asking about more documents to support my claim and i submitted my last document by 15th Feb-2018. Now no more documentation is required as per my visa officer. so how much maximum time required for visa grant now? And can i change my job while my visa decision is pending?

It can take up to 3 weeks to 3 months also for them to respond. Sometimes, the flow of applications also delays the process. Yes, you can change your job while you have applied. Although if you do please try to inform the case officer about this development. My husband too wanted to change while we had applied, however, he decided to wait another month for the grant. Meanwhile, we got it and decided against the change! So, sometimes its wiser Not to if you know you are close to getting the grant. Use your own wisdom to decide that. 

On 3/10/2018 at 13:05, BobbyV said:

Submitted 18th December 

case officer contacted 6th March asking for form 80 for me and my partner, medicals, police checks (although already submitted previously) and proof of de facto relationship 

Grt. All the best!

On 3/9/2018 at 13:28, Claudette said:

Hi just joined this site visa 489 with qld my timeline so far is

Vetasses complete Oct 2017

EOI applied 11/01/18 accepted 15/01/18

Nomination for qld applied 23/01/18 accepted 25/01/18

Applied for visa 2/2/18 

Awaiting CO to be assigned 

All the best dear. Keep the positivity flowing!

Thanku so much Nia .... :-)

2 hours ago, Nia said:

It can take up to 3 weeks to 3 months also for them to respond. Sometimes, the flow of applications also delays the process. Yes, you can change your job while you have applied. Although if you do please try to inform the case officer about this development. My husband too wanted to change while we had applied, however, he decided to wait another month for the grant. Meanwhile, we got it and decided against the change! So, sometimes its wiser Not to if you know you are close to getting the grant. Use your own wisdom to decide that. 

Hey guys,

After processing  three  times 489 visa's for different people in my family, my experience says:

We never got notification about CO assignment. In all three cases (1st 6 years ago, 2nd 4 years ago and 3rd recently) CO never contacted us and we got visa grant directly. We always supplied all the documents while lodging even optional one's. And we didn't  engage any agent/consultant either.

For all three cases, even in different years, we got grant between 3 and 3.5 months from date of visa application submission.

• Like 1

On 12/22/2017 at 16:57, Croos said:

Hi Guys. I lodged the Visa application on 16th Nov 2017 also uploaded all the relevant documents. But I haven't got any news from CO .... could you advice me how long it will take and what are the next steps.

Hi. I lodged the visa 489 application on Jan 2017. Its status is still Further assessment. 

Dear all

I lodged my visa 489 on Jan 05, 2017. I got married in Oct 2017 and add my wife to my application. CO has not contacted me and my wife visa application fee not deducted from my account.

I have following concerns:

Why has the visa not been granted after 15 months?

Why after 5 months of adding my wife to the application, CO had no response. It means my wife visa process not started yet?

Please share with me your knowledge and experience regarding above-mentioned matters.

It could be very helpful for me

Thank you

On 3/28/2018 at 16:53, SUPERSTARDJ01 said:

Logged ours in early december, co asked for form 80 on 19/02 submitted a week later on 26th feb, no news since. 

Any update?

Looks like we submitted 2 weeks after you and we’re contacted for form 80 2 weeks after you too!

@SUPERSTARDJ01

Hi Guys, 

My sister in law has been waiting for her 489 since August 2017. Her timeline is as follows:

Invitation date: 1st February 2017

Date of Application: 30 March 2017

Request for more information: 10 April 2017 and 07 June 2017.

All documents were uploaded by August 2017.

It has been almost a year now and as you may guess, we extremely anxious.

They appointed an agent and personally i believe that he did not do a  very good job in advising them, should I have known, i would have done the Visa myself. I apologise if i offend anyone, its just my frustration talking.

Mila

On 3/2/2018 at 17:45, jamwalrupali said:
On 3/2/2018 at 17:17, NewDeep said:
Hey guys,
Keep your fingers crossed. You will get there soon.
My sister received visa today and her timeline is:
Date of Vetassess Application submission- September 23, 2017 
Date of Vetassess Application Result- November 20, 2017 
Date of SA nomination Application submission- November 29, 2017 
Date of nomination Application Result- 13 December 2017
Date of Visa 489 Application submission- 14 Dec 2017
Date of Visa Application grant- 2 Mar 2018
Good luck everyone!!

Congratulations.... Pls share her points.

3 minutes ago, annagilda said:

Just had my 489 granted about an hour ago!!! Woooohoooooh! 

Hold tight everyone. You'll get there. Mine was about a 7.5 month process in total. :-) 

congratulations. Can you please share ur timeline and which state did you apply for?