300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

Hi Nikisha, haven't heard anything this end re more sponsorship changes. Due to start the part 2 application soon so I guess I'll know more then ? also about the bridging visa too as I know I will probably need one given next stage processing times but also unsure how that works. Hope things are going well with you, when do you move here yourself?

19 hours ago, Nikisha said:

Guys!! 

A couple of weeks ago I believe there was an update on the sponsors requirements. Does this affect us? I tried to find info on immiaccount but the info stated that it only affected applicants as from 16th Nov 2016 (which is us).I am not sure if this info has always been on immi or this pertains to the 'new' update?

@spangle 1I think you can help here since you down under already. Any changes???

2 minutes ago, spangle 1 said:

Hi Nikisha, haven't heard anything this end re more sponsorship changes. Due to start the part 2 application soon so I guess I'll know more then ? also about the bridging visa too as I know I will probably need one given next stage processing times but also unsure how that works. Hope things are going well with you, when do you move here yourself?

Hi @spangle 1I get there after wedding.. Wedding on the 24th Nov in Bali and then moving to Aus. Visa expires 13 December. I'm definitely cutting it close. How is the adjustment going?

37 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

Hi @spangle 1I get there after wedding.. Wedding on the 24th Nov in Bali and then moving to Aus. Visa expires 13 December. I'm definitely cutting it close. How is the adjustment going?

Wow definitely close but the wedding in Bali is surely worth waiting for ? gradually getting used to this new life here myself I'm sure it's different for everyone but the same in that basically we all want the same thing...to be able to be with the one we love and that makes everything worthwhile x

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Well, that's it! Just submitted my application - $7160 poorer and butterflies in my stomach! Wish me luck! ? 

Welcome to the club!!! Try to keep going with 'normal' life in the meantime. It's a stressful ride, even with oodles of positive thinking...We've just had to accept we're going to have to do yet more commuting between UK & Oz while the wait continues. Not good for the bank balance though ?

7 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Well, that's it! Just submitted my application - $7160 poorer and butterflies in my stomach! Wish me luck! ? 

Good luck! And welcome to the club. ? And just like noodlejaffa said, try to stay positive! Hoping some good news comes for us all soon! 

• Haha 1

Good day everyone. I’m new in this forum and I need your help. We applied for visa exactly one year ago and for this time we got a baby, of course baby is Australian. The immigration says that we are in priority, but we still waiting and nothing happening. Immigration of course doesn’t know anything. Does anyone knows how long it will takes to get my visa?:( 

Fingers crosse!  I planned to get mine in ages ago but people dragged their feet with stat Dec's... do we have any recent timelines on processing? I know they were being super fast earlier in the year. I've got health and police checks all ready to go. Wedding is in Feb but planning to fly out in November to help get stuff organised. I did speak to immi and was told it's OK to go out on an e visitor if the 300 isn't approved then if it comes through within the 3 months fly to nz and reenter Oz to activate it. 

21 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Why did u pay $7160? The information I got forwarded says that if you have already made a payment of $7600 (or whatever it was for the PMV) the 2 stage application charge is $1500.

17 minutes ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Don't know! That was just what the site said to pay, so I did ? I'm a UK citizen applying from UK, so maybe if your applying from elsewhere the cost might be different?

Fees are the same wherever you apply from.

Its $7160 for a PMV. an 820/801 or a 309/100

if you then apply onshore for an 820 whilst holding a valid PMV the fee for the 820/801 is $1195

https://www.homeaffairs.gov.au/trav/visa/fees

• Like 2

Welcome to the club!

I submitted on 27th May and nothing so far.  

My house is going through the sale process so I think that may be wrapped up by the end of September (fingers crossed!)

All being well with the sale, I plan to go over to Oz around the 2nd week of november and stay for the 3 months on my current 651 evisitor visa.

The final date of entry on my 651 is in march so I'm guessing I just need to run another 651 application through to be able to visit again if the PMV300 hasnt already been granted by that stage?

good luck to all - hoping to see someone sharing good news soon!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CEP said:

Welcome to the club!

I submitted on 27th May and nothing so far.  

My house is going through the sale process so I think that may be wrapped up by the end of September (fingers crossed!)

All being well with the sale, I plan to go over to Oz around the 2nd week of november and stay for the 3 months on my current 651 evisitor visa.

The final date of entry on my 651 is in march so I'm guessing I just need to run another 651 application through to be able to visit again if the PMV300 hasnt already been granted by that stage?

good luck to all - hoping to see someone sharing good news soon!

Snap! I'm off on the first week of November ^_^ Hoping for some shared good fortune! - if not, e-visitor it is!

8 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Awwe, that's horrible! Hoping that beauracracy doesn't ruin your plans....Didn't it used to be possible to convert a prospective marriage app to a partner visa if you get married before they process?

We haven't made any huge plans as we're too scared to in case we have to shift the date so apart from having our celebrant booked, we haven't dared organise anything else (I do have my dress though!). People think we're just very laid back about our wedding plans ? (many don't know about the visa application as I'm self-employed so can't risk losing business if visa doesn't go in our favour - yes, I'm a glass half full person!). But then it's just going to be the two of us for the wedding plus a couple of random witnesses so it's a bit easier to be flexible with!

We don't want to get married if we can't then immediately live together so we're hanging out for the PMV rather than change to 309.

8 minutes ago, HibiscusDreams said:

the Blue Mountains, just west of Sydney ? - Absolutely gorgeous, but bloody expensive!

Ah I’ve been there on my first visit. 

I will be heading to Perth as that’s where my partner lives at the moment. It’s likely that work for me will be over east but we’ll see!

the eerie silence is tough!!! News of just one pmv would give us hope lol!

6 minutes ago, CEP said:

Ah I’ve been there on my first visit. 

I will be heading to Perth as that’s where my partner lives at the moment. It’s likely that work for me will be over east but we’ll see!

the eerie silence is tough!!! News of just one pmv would give us hope lol!

I've been over Perth - it's a stunning city, coming from the UK it's *so* clean, and the river is beautiful. Really liked my time there, sure you'll make a great home there ? 

But yep, it is a bit eerie.... what's happening, Immi?!

If it's any help; my timeline for the pmv300 was...application lodged August 2017...didn't hear anything until December 2017....then request from immi for more information (police and medical) medical failed and deferred sent in more test results by end of December .....didn't hear anything else..24th January visa granted! ? activated April 2018....married June 2018....starting application for onshore partner visa 800 now

I am UK my husband (?) is Aus . I applied from UK using an agent in Australia.

Have to get the second part lodged by October! 

Edited by spangle 1

Aaah I love seeing other people’s timelines ?

the house sale for me will be a big weight lifted. It’ll sort me out financially, but I didn’t want to be in a position of a grant before a sale... thankfully it appears to be ticking through, albeit slowly!!

• Sad 1