300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

10 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

? yes indeed did you get your wedding date sorted in the end?? It's really confusing (the dates for everything and run out times) isn't it? ? I'm already collecting evidence for the next part which I know we have to have done by October, which sounds like ages but with the wedding and everything else I think could seem to come around quite quickly! ☺xx 

Yes we have my visa ends December but the wedding date is end Nov so rather a hurry. We opted for the 8th month post visa grant because tying up things in South Africa take awhile I.e job, apartment, belongings. If I may ask did u immigrate with any possessions or just yourself?

6 hours ago, Nikisha said:

Yes we have my visa ends December but the wedding date is end Nov so rather a hurry. We opted for the 8th month post visa grant because tying up things in South Africa take awhile I.e job, apartment, belongings. If I may ask did u immigrate with any possessions or just yourself?

Best of luck for your wedding ? too ? exciting times. You're welcome to ask any questions - we're all more or less in the same situation here ? I came over with just the one case (the biggest that met the size reg. it weighed in at 28kg - the allowance was 30 lol ?) and a cabin case with my wedding dress in it. I've left the rest of my possessions in long term storage for the time being as my oh already has a home here and there wasn't anything we really needed atm x

Experts! please help me.

I am from India and my fiance lives in Australia. We are about to begin our PMV. I have a query regarding my nickname. My divorce papers is showing both nickname and official names (example: 'nickname officialfirstname @ officialfirstname officiallastname' - here @ stands for alias). Except this document, rest all documents are showing proper name as per the passport.

Since my nickname is reflecting in the divorce papers, should I mention this in the application forms "Have you ever been known by other name?" field?

If so, submitting "One and the same person" name affidavit and self declaration is sufficient or CO will ask for police verification?

In India, we do not get police verification done on the nicknames. It is done only on official name.

Any info would really help. Thanks in advance!

13 hours ago, ram123 said:

Experts! please help me.

I am from India and my fiance lives in Australia. We are about to begin our PMV. I have a query regarding my nickname. My divorce papers is showing both nickname and official names (example: 'nickname officialfirstname @ officialfirstname officiallastname' - here @ stands for alias). Except this document, rest all documents are showing proper name as per the passport.

Since my nickname is reflecting in the divorce papers, should I mention this in the application forms "Have you ever been known by other name?" field?

If so, submitting "One and the same person" name affidavit and self declaration is sufficient or CO will ask for police verification?

In India, we do not get police verification done on the nicknames. It is done only on official name.

Any info would really help. Thanks in advance!

You should include the nickname in 'known by any other name". Provide the police clearance in the manner in which your country issues it to you. If there are enquires about such they will contact you further to require clarity. I'm not sure how much an avidavidt will help for the latter part of your enquiry but it could be an option when asked further about the police clearance.

On 24/04/2018 at 10:18, spangle 1 said:

Awww thanks hunni ☺ and will do..you too let us know how it goes it's always good to see peoples updates ☺ had a busy couple of days here getting formal stuff done; bank, driving licence etc while oh has been off work to ferry me around ☺ but having a break now xx 

This forum has been a god send for me , plus it's great to see how others are going and their tips on things - I'm looking forward to my first bottle of corona and 5 mins chill out after all the craziness has died down ? Xx

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, Angelpie said:

This forum has been a god send for me , plus it's great to see how others are going and their tips on things - I'm looking forward to my first bottle of corona and 5 mins chill out after all the craziness has died down ? Xx

Yes, so right a great place for tips and info. and to hear from others in the same situation. it's easy to feel isolated when you're going through this process I find that friends and family ? although sympathetic don't always understand why even the smallest details can be important ? xx ? cheers!

Edited by spangle 1
  • Thanks 2

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Getting my police certificate sorted and gathering the last of my evidence together. We've been having a look at the main form my fiancee needs to submit and we're a bit confused as to whether or not she needs to get a police/background check done, and submit it to immi, or if they request it themselves? If she does need to get it, does anyone know what it is she needs to ask for, and if she needs to apply to the federal or NSW police? Nearly there now!

8 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

Hi all,

Getting my police certificate sorted and gathering the last of my evidence together. We've been having a look at the main form my fiancee needs to submit and we're a bit confused as to whether or not she needs to get a police/background check done, and submit it to immi, or if they request it themselves? If she does need to get it, does anyone know what it is she needs to ask for, and if she needs to apply to the federal or NSW police? Nearly there now!

Hi there,

If it's any help we received my oh police check request when I got my request for medical and police checks and I believe it's an afp which is federal?! 

Best wishes 

Yes definitely federal! My partner only applied for the state police check at first and our agent told us that was not good enough. Has to be federal.

Our CO requested his police check at the same time as mine, so I assume it's a standard thing now and sponsors have to go through the police check as well (which makes sense in a partner visa).

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TheWayOfThePony said:

Yes definitely federal! My partner only applied for the state police check at first and our agent told us that was not good enough. Has to be federal.

Our CO requested his police check at the same time as mine, so I assume it's a standard thing now and sponsors have to go through the police check as well (which makes sense in a partner visa).

I have no idea what my partner applied for he swears it was federal but they sent back state check ? So he had to apply again for the federal , he probably wasn't paying attention to my nagging lol xx

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, Angelpie said:

I have no idea what my partner applied for he swears it was federal but they sent back state check ? So he had to apply again for the federal , he probably wasn't paying attention to my nagging lol xx

If it's any consolation Angelpie, my oh didn't have a clue half of the time what he was doing either ? I'm sure it was more by luck than judgement he got some of it right lol xx

On 18/05/2018 at 21:37, spangle 1 said:

If it's any consolation Angelpie, my oh didn't have a clue half of the time what he was doing either ? I'm sure it was more by luck than judgement he got some of it right lol xx

Haha snap!! Definitely more luck than judgement with my oh ? ? God only knows what goes off in his head I get more comprehension out of the dog sometimes lol xx

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...

My s/o has her federal one in one, and my UK one came back - offcialy not a criminal, and a certificate to proove it! lol

We're pretty much there now, big relief is finally got the money for the application fee! That's been worrying on my mind for ages - I was terrified I wouldn't get the money together. We're just waiting on a few stat dec statements to come back, and whilst that's happening we're getting together our social media proof. With this, for Skype and Facebook Messenger, do immi want actual screen shots of the log, or is it better to export the logs to a text file? For Emails can we just submit the results of an Inbox search with dates and names, or do they expect the full text of every email?

On 18/05/2018 at 21:37, spangle 1 said:

This just makes me so glad my s/o is a slightly OCD woman ? Between the two us we are a beureaucratic slaying machine! lol 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

My s/o has her federal one in one, and my UK one came back - offcialy not a criminal, and a certificate to proove it! lol

We're pretty much there now, big relief is finally got the money for the application fee! That's been worrying on my mind for ages - I was terrified I wouldn't get the money together. We're just waiting on a few stat dec statements to come back, and whilst that's happening we're getting together our social media proof. With this, for Skype and Facebook Messenger, do immi want actual screen shots of the log, or is it better to export the logs to a text file? For Emails can we just submit the results of an Inbox search with dates and names, or do they expect the full text of every email?

I just took screen shots and cut and pasted on a word document ( maybe there's an easier way). I did that for my emails and fb msgs too. It's a lot of work I'm not kidding but I felt in this way no1 could question anything. My evidence of relationship was 10years. So yeah it is possible to do so.

5 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

This just makes me so glad my s/o is a slightly OCD woman ? Between the two us we are a beureaucratic slaying machine! lol 

Feeling slightly jealous as I'm all for dotting I's and crossing T's myself..only consolation is that for the next part I'll be on site to double check his ??

6 hours ago, HibiscusDreams said:

So pleased everything is going well so far, the money is always a worry until you have it ready. I can't help with the Facebook stuff and I'm not very technical but I did submit some Skype transcripts through the agent and I think I did them the same way as Nikisha says and that worked for me too ? quick update here...We finally tied the knot last weekend (16/6) ? still can't believe it!

• Like 1

On 25/06/2018 at 22:28, spangle 1 said:

So pleased everything is going well so far, the money is always a worry until you have it ready. I can't help with the Facebook stuff and I'm not very technical but I did submit some Skype transcripts through the agent and I think I did them the same way as Nikisha says and that worked for me too ? quick update here...We finally tied the knot last weekend (16/6) ? still can't believe it!

yay! Congratulations ? So happy for you! Now you get a well earned honeymoon and some time together before throwing yourself back in more of the visa moshpit :)

On 25/06/2018 at 20:42, Nikisha said:

I just took screen shots and cut and pasted on a word document ( maybe there's an easier way). I did that for my emails and fb msgs too. It's a lot of work I'm not kidding but I felt in this way no1 could question anything. My evidence of relationship was 10years. So yeah it is possible to do so.

Yeah... there goes my weekend lol

2 minutes ago, HibiscusDreams said:

yay! Congratulations ? So happy for you! Now you get a well earned honeymoon and some time together before throwing yourself back in more of the visa moshpit ?

Thanks hun ? it actually feels quite surreal. We had a lovely day and just how I hoped but like most on here after so long it's taking a while to sink in, as you say now it's back to reality and the next lot of paperwork ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 25/06/2018 at 23:28, spangle 1 said:

Congrates???????????. Sorry for my late response. I trust all went well on your end. Since we happen to be in approximately the same position where do you go from here? I believe you start or continue with the 2nd stage of the visa process but what should happen if ur current visa expires and your new visa hasn't been granted? I am aware of a bridging visa that is avaliable and, (I stand to be corrected here) this is automatic. But do u have to leave an re-enter the country on this new bridging visa?

Guys!! 

A couple of weeks ago I believe there was an update on the sponsors requirements. Does this affect us? I tried to find info on immiaccount but the info stated that it only affected applicants as from 16th Nov 2016 (which is us).I am not sure if this info has always been on immi or this pertains to the 'new' update?

@spangle 1I think you can help here since you down under already. Any changes???