300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

Nice to see things moving along for people! It’s so tough and it’s an incredible amount of time and pressure, hope everyone is hanging in there!

I fly out in a week from Shanghai to Melbourne to spend Christmas with my fiancé. Still not a peep but I’m hopeful Santa might give me at least an email from a CO. 😂

Spending a few months there before returning to Edinburgh for a few months and waiting out the rest of the time. 

It is hard not to get downhearted and stressed but I hope everyone has a lovely Christmas nonetheless and we have a bright, more visa filled 2019! 

• Like 1

@Laura_hj it’s soooo frustrating- I thought selling my house was frustrating but nothing compared to the radio silence as we wait! I’d love to be able to start work- give me something else to think about lol!

hopefully London can sprinkle some Visa magic soon!!

hope you have a good Christmas!

• Like 1

@spangle 1Hi Spangle. Arrived in Aus about 2 weeks now and getting started on uploading documents for the partner visa (my PMV expires on the 13th December) Just wondering as the documents needed is the same as the initial visa (PMV) did you have to get new certified documents to upload? Or just reuploaded the old 1s?. Do I now need to get get new 888 forms because now we are married and the friends that have done the 888 were at the wedding so I'm sure there is more details they could include?

Hope all is going well

I see London is quiet slow at this time of the year. Hang in there folks. I waited 13 months from the time my PMV was lodged with only 1 correspondence from my CO and 5 weeks later a reply that said we havnt received the needed documents. Then 2 days after reuploaded them I got my visa. I've been doing long distance,with my now husband, for 10 years. Enough said.

Hi Nikisha and congratulations! 🍾 we had an Australian agent so I can only tell you (as I remember)what we sent him; basically no I didn't get anything else certified...sent lots of detail about the wedding with photos and receipts new form 888's some from friends and family who did them for the 300 and a few new ones all of them were also at the wedding. Our marriage certificate (obviously) and new updated relationship statement plus form 80.

Still doing great here

Best wishes

Ditto wishing good news soon for those still waiting, we've all been through a similar experience on here and are with you in the waiting.

• Like 1

Hey @spangle 1 can you advise if you got an update that your PMV is no longer active and ur BVA is in effect? Immi has only updated the info as of the 5th December when I submitted my application for new visa (partner) at the time my PMV was still in effect up until the 12th December. However there has been no info (grant notice) of the 'active' BVA 

Hey Nikisha, no I didn't get an update my agent sent me the details for the bva when he lodged my application but like you my pmv hadn't expired then. I've used the personal visa status check site since my pmv expired to make sure the bva had activated (it has 👍😊) hope this helps

• Like 1

12 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

Hey Nikisha, no I didn't get an update my agent sent me the details for the bva when he lodged my application but like you my pmv hadn't expired then. I've used the personal visa status check site since my pmv expired to make sure the bva had activated (it has 👍😊) hope this helps

Are you talking about VEVO?

• 1 month later...
On 22/10/2018 at 14:10, HPRomeo said:

Hi everyone,

I haven't posted on here but have been watching like a hawk for movement on PMV 300 visas.

We lodged on 21st September 2018 and over the weekend we got a request for more information (on the NOIM) and medical at the weekend!

Hopefully, it gives everyone a little bit of hope that things are moving in London...

Hi romeo .. Woww cool !!! Congrats . My fiance (australian) n i (indonesian) wishing we get the visa same like you (not long) haha

Application lodged 4 oct 2018 , medical uploaded 11 oct 2018,  request for more information 4 dec 2018 n our respon 5 dec 2018 . 4 months already since we applied . 

• 1 month later...

Howz everyone going with their visa. My partner and i applied for a propective marriage visa. Been waiting over 15 months. Anyone else been waiting forever like us?

My partner is from gambia and we applied on our own. Which i regret as seems like u are better off with an agent

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Our pmv took almost 4 months applied Dec 2017 granted march 2018 ( due to my now husband getting the wrong police check 🙄) or it would of been through sooner!! Our co was very nice as I had trouble uploading things etc so she would call me - such a lovely and helpful lady took the stress right out of things at the end! now on the bridging visa and being driven crazy with paperwork again xx

• Congratulations 1

9 hours ago, Angelpie said:

Our pmv took almost 4 months applied Dec 2017 granted march 2018 ( due to my now husband getting the wrong police check 🙄) or it would of been through sooner!! Our co was very nice as I had trouble uploading things etc so she would call me - such a lovely and helpful lady took the stress right out of things at the end! now on the bridging visa and being driven crazy with paperwork again xx

Congratulations on your wedding! @Angelpie great to hear how you're doing! I'm on the bridging visa too (lodged application in Oct) hope you're getting through the paperwork, I found it much harder to stay focussed second time around 😕 xx

11 hours ago, spangle 1 said:

Congratulations on your wedding! @Angelpie great to hear how you're doing! I'm on the bridging visa too (lodged application in Oct) hope you're getting through the paperwork, I found it much harder to stay focussed second time around 😕 xx

Thanks spangle1 you're not kidding on the staying focused part🙃 With everything else that there still is to do around the house n normal life etc whilst there's not much difference in all the other stuff I have to do from doing it the first time around I'm still drained from that and moving getting married schools etc! It's relentless but all will be good in the end ☀️❤️ Got our bridging visa in January 😊 Good luck with everything 🤞🏻Xx

@Angelpie I found that too! The relief of finally being here finalising the rest of the wedding plans (it was starting to feel like an episode of don't tell the bride 😀) settling into our new life and just enjoying the novelty of being together without time limit certainly made it difficult to  'knuckle down' to the paperwork again, definitely a real phew! moment when it was lodged. Now it's back to the waiting although without so much pressure this time 😊 (had a request for further info. new police checks a couple of weeks ago) take care yourself and best wishes too (haven't seen any updates from others on here for a while so hopefully it's working out for them all)😊👍 xx

• 2 weeks later...
Hey I have read and followed this thread for awhile as I am in the same situation! Hopefully I can get help from you 🙂

We will be putting in our pmv in the next couple of months and are in the process of gathering evidence and clearing questions! Here is a short story of us:

I am an Australian (Vietnamese) and when I went to Vietnam for a holiday I met my partner long story short after a few more visits and being long distance I decided to move over to Vietnam to be with him.
As a result I have lived there for around 2 years now!

As we are gathering evidence a few questions I have that I would really appreciate your help with are:

1. I have extracted some messages using a program however the messages all have demo written across it is that okay?

2. The messages have little English as we communicate with each other in mostly Vietnamese, however the I love yous and I miss yous are in English with lots of love heart emojis do we need to translate a few pages just in case? Or are the random English sentences expressing our love enough? Hehe

3. NOIM so we don’t know when the visa will be granted how can we get a
Noim?

4. Form 888 for our friends do we need to organize first or only when requested?

5. As for my job as i live in Vietnam and will go back to Australia shortly after we submit our PMV and get a job will that be a problem for immigration as they will think I cannot support my partner when he comes to Australia?

6. We are both using the same email address to submit pmv is that okay?

7. In the page where it details relationship can we write the same thing? Write it together as my fiance does not no much English do i need to get Vietnamese statement from him and then translate?

8. Besides pictures and messages we have of each other we have travelled to 3 different countries together would flight tickets and passport visa entry and exit pages be strong evidence?

Again I would like to say thankyou for taking your time to read about our situation and any help would be very much appreciated!!
Lanna

47 minutes ago, Lana90 said:
Hey I have read and followed this thread for awhile as I am in the same situation! Hopefully I can get help from you 🙂

We will be putting in our pmv in the next couple of months and are in the process of gathering evidence and clearing questions! Here is a short story of us:

I am an Australian (Vietnamese) and when I went to Vietnam for a holiday I met my partner long story short after a few more visits and being long distance I decided to move over to Vietnam to be with him.
As a result I have lived there for around 2 years now!

As we are gathering evidence a few questions I have that I would really appreciate your help with are:

1. I have extracted some messages using a program however the messages all have demo written across it is that okay?

2. The messages have little English as we communicate with each other in mostly Vietnamese, however the I love yous and I miss yous are in English with lots of love heart emojis do we need to translate a few pages just in case? Or are the random English sentences expressing our love enough? Hehe

3. NOIM so we don’t know when the visa will be granted how can we get a
Noim?

4. Form 888 for our friends do we need to organize first or only when requested?

5. As for my job as i live in Vietnam and will go back to Australia shortly after we submit our PMV and get a job will that be a problem for immigration as they will think I cannot support my partner when he comes to Australia?

6. We are both using the same email address to submit pmv is that okay?

7. In the page where it details relationship can we write the same thing? Write it together as my fiance does not no much English do i need to get Vietnamese statement from him and then translate?

8. Besides pictures and messages we have of each other we have travelled to 3 different countries together would flight tickets and passport visa entry and exit pages be strong evidence?

Again I would like to say thankyou for taking your time to read about our situation and any help would be very much appreciated!!
Lanna

Hi Lanna

In my opinion (I did my evidence from South africa):

1. I think they may have an issue with 'demo. We screenshot email and messages even fb correspondence.

2. The little bits of English won't be enough youl have to use an australian recommendend/recognised translator

3. I submitted my PMV without one however when we got correspondence from our Case worker it was when we got one. Meaning I submitted without one initially

4. I would suggest try to give them everything they want/require upfront as if they request it later the timeframe may not be adequate enough to obtain all the info. Try to submitt as close to a complete PMV application as possible.

5. No idea

6. It shouldn't be a problem

7. I would suggest that considering the cost of the visa rather do separate 'details of the relationship' they should be similar yet exact in detail. If his is in Vietnamese get a translator. You do want them to poke holes in the relationship by asking for more and more information to verify your relationship. As this may incur more cost on your part..

8. This will serve as joint travel.

I hope this helps. I do write from my experience with it. My PMV got granted 13months after it was lodged and I only got correspondence 2 weeks prior to it been granted (so at month 13 my CO contacted me). I had to only had to submit a NOIM and a new police clearance. My now husband lives in Australia so to obtain a NOIM was not difficult. We obtained that within 4 days of getting the request and submitted all online within 10days. But like I mentioned I'm from South africa where things get done pretty slowly and the Australian services (to obtain the NOIM) was rather quick. I'm not sure of the Vietnamese buearacy so try and provide as close to a complete application as possible. 

Good luck and again I hope I've been of some help

TIP. I screenshot my messages, emails and such evidence using my tablet. It is easier as u can paste it on a word document (as a picture) so it helps with the document limit on immiaccount.

Thanks heaps for the quick reply Nikisha and for taking the time to go through all my questions! Every little bit of information we get is extremely helpful! 

We are going to submit it soon and just have to go through all the things we need and some of it seems rather confusing.

We are planning on creating a pdf document for out timeline together and all events that happened for the last two years that we have been together.

Do you think the below evidence is enough regarding our relationship:

pdf of our relationship over 2 years(includes msgs pictures, joint travel documents, holiday photos, any significant events) and includes our plans for the future

statement from 3 friends of ours

we are going to take some pre wedding photos (as it is cheaper here then when we get to Australia) 

Thans!

It's a pleasure Lanna. I found I got all the help I needed from the people on this forum. The timeline is a good idea. Add as many pictures as you can. I'm not sure if it helped my application but I also included pictures that had the people from our 888 in them (I wrote captions to some of them).

With my stage 1 my evidence was adequate as  my partner and I didn't have to go through the interview however for my stage 2 (post wedding) they still required more evidence. We got married in Bali and then did the official signing in Australia so we provided pictures of both. It seemed not enough so in hindsight it could go either way. Just give them everything as long as they show the 2 of yourl in it.