300 - Prospective Marriage visa query

HibiscusDreams

Hi Everyone,

I applied for PMV 300 first stage in aug 2017. Asked for correspondence 2 times, most recently was in Oct 2018 including my medical, since then haven't heard anything.

Waiting for more than 21 months, even the processing time is 13-21 months. Tried to contact them few times but they said it's a general query helpline and we can't help you with your timeline you have to wait.

Now this wait really makes me crazy. 

Anyone have any suggestion?

@Zea maybe try corresponding to the email address that initially asked you for more information. Either address the email to the individual or quote your case number. Sorry it's the best thing I could think of in your situation.

I found responding in this way to immigration got me responses in less than 48hrs. Telephonic attempts are not successful.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Zea said:

Hi Everyone,

I applied for PMV 300 first stage in aug 2017. Asked for correspondence 2 times, most recently was in Oct 2018 including my medical, since then haven't heard anything.

Waiting for more than 21 months, even the processing time is 13-21 months. Tried to contact them few times but they said it's a general query helpline and we can't help you with your timeline you have to wait.

Now this wait really makes me crazy. 

Anyone have any suggestion?

This actually scares me... what hope do I have then seeing as I applied in Dec 2018 and haven’t had any correspondence...

maybe tey emailing them on the email you got your first correspondece ?

52 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

@Zea maybe try corresponding to the email address that initially asked you for more information. Either address the email to the individual or quote your case number. Sorry it's the best thing I could think of in your situation.

I found responding in this way to immigration got me responses in less than 48hrs. Telephonic attempts are not successful.

Thanks for quick reply i tried to reply the second correspondence in dec last year but didn't get any reply, now i followed your suggestion and replied to initial email as well.

Hope for best.

Hi everyone! 

Just a wuick update and hoping i could get some advice, 

we recieved news that we finally got a case officer. They asked for an updated police check and asked for our NOIM to be brought forward. They gave us a deadline of 18th June to do this by, however we have submitted it today. Anyone have any experience of how long after this I will be expecting to wait for possible approval? Feel like I have months more to wait now 0.o 

2 hours ago, Invicala said:

Hi everyone! 

we recieved news that we finally got a case officer. They asked for an updated police check and asked for our NOIM to be brought forward. They gave us a deadline of 18th June to do this by, however we have submitted it today. Anyone have any experience of how long after this I will be expecting to wait for possible approval? Feel like I have months more to wait now 0.o 

We didn't have to change our noim but were waiting on my oh new police check as he got the wrong one initially almost as soon as we submitted it our visas were approved and we had a date we had to be in Australia by it was very quick , that was through the London office though 

hope you hear soon 🤞🏻🤞🏻

2 hours ago, Invicala said:

Hi everyone! 

Hi There 

The same happened to me as angelpie. Once uploaded the visa was granted in no time. My application was done in South Africa.

• Like 1

Hi all just an update my partner visa was granted just 5months into the stipulated time frame of, currently it stands at, 21-28months. Good luck to all. Things have been moving steadily so just keep the hope alive. My time frame is as follows

PMV submitted of-shore April 2017 ((South africa)

Request for NOIM and updated police clearance as well as more info March 2018

PMV granted 14 March 2018

Enter Australia 22 March 2018

Married November 24th (Bali) & November 30th (Australia)

Submitted Stage 2 Partner visa 05 December 2018 (onshore)

Request for more info by CO 27th February 2019

Followup on requested Police clearance 22 May 2019

23th May 2019 Granted Partner visa (subclass 802)

• Congratulations 3

26 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

Hi all just an update my partner visa was granted just 5months into the stipulated time frame of, currently it stands at, 21-28months. Good luck to all. Things have been moving steadily so just keep the hope alive. My time frame is as follows

Congratulations Nikisha! 🍾 Great news and hopefully you're right maybe things are starting to move again for everyone (I also got my partner 802 granted well before the published time) Good luck all 

• Congratulations 1

5 hours ago, Nikisha said:

Thanks! Just I’m worried that I’ll have to wait months and months rather than weeks. We brought it forward to October which could be a problem if it’s months and not weeks 😕 😞 

did they also give you a deadline to submit everything by? Did you hear a week later?

On 21/05/2019 at 12:12, Nikisha said:

Hi Nikisha i followed your suggestion but it did't work. No reply from them what so ever. :(

4 hours ago, Invicala said:

Thanks! Just I’m worried that I’ll have to wait months and months rather than weeks. We brought it forward to October which could be a problem if it’s months and not weeks 😕 😞 

did they also give you a deadline to submit everything by? Did you hear a week later?

I think they give you deadlines for everything, we got our pmv visa and a date we had to enter Australia by ( we cannot leave unless we apply for bridging visa b I think it is and have special grounds, otherwise if we leave we cannot re-enter Australia) we just prepared everything and were pretty much ready to go within the timeframe given, our co was so nice and told us our visa would be approved assuming the police check was all good and even told me the entry date 

1 minute ago, Angelpie said:

I think they give you deadlines for everything, we got our pmv visa and a date we had to enter Australia by ( we cannot leave unless we apply for bridging visa b I think it is and have special grounds, otherwise if we leave we cannot re-enter Australia) we just prepared everything and were pretty much ready to go within the timeframe given, our co was so nice and told us our visa would be approved assuming the police check was all good and even told me the entry date 

But the pmv allows multiple entries into Australia? 

53 minutes ago, Nikisha said:

@zea. If u are onshore try calling immigration. I did that last week and my entire telephonic experience lasted 23mins. They were very helpful

Already tried that few times they said they can't help us with timeline. They can only guid us for general queries and not any specific case.

My fiancee is in Australia and i am in Ireland, She tried from onshore and i also tried global contact number.

3 hours ago, Invicala said:

But the pmv allows multiple entries into Australia? 

After we got married we lodged for next stage , so the bridging visa we have took over when the pmv ran out , the bridging visa we are now on doesn't allow for us to return to Australia if we leave without getting the appropriate bridging visa that allows us to leave and return 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zea said:

Already tried that few times they said they can't help us with timeline. They can only guid us for general queries and not any specific case.

My fiancee is in Australia and i am in Ireland, She tried from onshore and i also tried global contact number.

Did u explain the over 21month time frame? Gosh i dont know what else to suggest. The timeframes they generally give to provide more requested information is 28days and even so, well in my case, they followed up with my police clearance. It is actually how we got them to understand why we wont be able to provide the information in the stipulated timeframe (we provided 1 using an alternative method).

48 minutes ago, Zea said:

When I spoke to the call centre they kindly emailed my co because for some reason my emails weren't getting through and on a few occasions the email address they provided didn't work and the emails kept pinging back , I explained and they simply emailed my co with my phone number and a request to call me as we were having technical issues , which she did several times and was very lovely 

this time around we've had info requests off two separate people and no news since we updated all the new into required 

1 hour ago, Nikisha said:

Did u explain the over 21month time frame? Gosh i dont know what else to suggest. The timeframes they generally give to provide more requested information is 28days and even so, well in my case, they followed up with my police clearance. It is actually how we got them to understand why we wont be able to provide the information in the stipulated timeframe (we provided 1 using an alternative method).

I did mention of over 21 months but she said so your application fall in 10% because 21 months are for 90%. And then i asked about whats the max wait time and got the most shocking reply that their is no max wait time. All you have to wait and wait.

20 minutes ago, Angelpie said:

When I spoke to the call centre they kindly emailed my co because for some reason my emails weren't getting through and on a few occasions the email address they provided didn't work and the emails kept pinging back , I explained and they simply emailed my co with my phone number and a request to call me as we were having technical issues , which she did several times and was very lovely 

this time around we've had info requests off two separate people and no news since we updated all the new into required 

In my case they said this is only general query helpline we can't help with specific application. I'll try again. 😥

24 minutes ago, Angelpie said:

How do I find out who my CO is? I applied via a MARA agent.. apparently, once you give them information, there is a link you have to click in the Immi account which alerts them you have uploaded your documents they requested. Did you guys have this link?

6 minutes ago, Invicala said:

How do I find out who my CO is? I applied via a MARA agent.. apparently, once you give them information, there is a link you have to click in the Immi account which alerts them you have uploaded your documents they requested. Did you guys have this link?

I applied by myself. I think you are talking about the submit button at when submitting all the asked correspondences. Yes i have done that. I got 2 correspondences both from different co's i know co names because of my asked correspondences.