wildlife photos - show us what you got

davlap

An echidna, taken just up the street from my house.  First time I’ve seen one in the wild around here.  Not the best photo as I took it with my phone from a distance (had the dog and didn’t want to scare the echidna) but jist had to share.

072AF95C-12B4-4106-94AA-6C1FAC03395C.thumb.jpeg.89e39f11bc0b128a3ef811e2cbb8d072.jpeg

• Like 3

22 minutes ago, Cerberus1 said:

I do like the lace monitors. When we used to live in Cairns we'd often see one on the tree at the side of the house. 

we see them all the time because we have lots of bush around the house.

• 2 years later...
17 hours ago, Wanderer Returns said:

Some amazing photos in this thread so I'm almost embarrassed to post my paltry effort! I don't even know what it's called, although I think it's some kind of skink.

Taken on The Bluff at Victor Harbour.

20201028_112725.jpg

Looks like a Blue Tongue/stumpy tail/shingleback to me (I think they are all the same!).  Next time, ask it to stick its tongue out!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 30/11/2020 at 09:43, davlap said:

Been watching this frogmouth for a couple of weeks.
Right on a busy path on Sandgate foreshore

Then I see there is a chick, don't have much of a nest. Like mother like daughter (son?) with the bushy eyebrows

The frogmouths seemed to have gone away. It was incredible she had a chick in that tiny nest, but in fact, looks like there were two of them !

Could be Mum and Dad with one chick. Two are smaller in size, whereas adults are about the same size for male and female. Clutch size is usually 2 or 3

owls1.jpg

owls.jpg

Edited by davlap
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...