Visa landing question

matt796

Hi 

We have recently been granted our 190 visas and I have been asked to travel to Australia to undertake a job interview and testing. As the dependant applicant (my wife is the main applicant) can I travel on my own for my first entry etc 

Many thanks 

Yes, but your wife - and dependent on the visa - still has to make first entry within the specified time. Normally 12 months from the medical or police check which ever was earliest. 
Would it impact the dependents PR visa if the main applicant never makes an entry?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replies. The main applicant (my wife) and our two children will all be relocating at the beginning of 2018 (we have until July 2018 to activate). My wife has work but I am trying to also secure work before we all move and have this opportunity but must do the testing in Oz. 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 20:36, matt796 said:

Thanks for the replies. The main applicant (my wife) and our two children will all be relocating at the beginning of 2018 (we have until July 2018 to activate). My wife has work but I am trying to also secure work before we all move and have this opportunity but must do the testing in Oz. 

Check your visa grant, it's a long time ago but mine quite clearly said that the main applicant had to make the first entry (for us this just meant that I went to the desk in front of my other family members).

I would clarify with your CO. Reading up on it there are many contradicting replies out there on the internet. Some say even without visa conditions the main applicant has to be with you, others say not.

I would seek to clarify it asap and get it in writing also. I'd also check with another migration agent if need be if you've had conflicting replies. Perhaps ask one of the agents who post on the forum? 

Finally I've found our Grand Letter as a 176 PR back in 2011. It clearly stated the limiting condition for the secondary applicant (dependent one) Visa Condition 8502. Well not limiting really as we travelled together but made sure that the other half= main applicant went through Immigration as the 1st person entering Australia.

condition 8502: The holder of the visa must not enter Australia before the entry to Australia of a person specified in the visa. = Main Applicant

So you as the secondary applicant doesn't have anything like that stating in the grant letter? I would make sure to read it thoroughly in regards to travel rights for secondary applicants.

Edited by silencio

The grant letters for my family (SC190), granted in Sept 2016, classify the visa holders as either MAIN APPLICANT or DEPENDENT APPLICANT, but there is nothing in the letter indicating that applicants should enter with the main applicant. It only says that other applicants should not make plans to travel unless they have received their own visa grant letter.  

image.thumb.png.0da50b8a5cd8a2aaf114d0120ce27671.png

57 minutes ago, Satty said:

But my question is - What if the primary applicant never arrives in australia? What are the consequences?

It may be worth discussing this with a reputable agent to get proper clarification. 

15 hours ago, Satty said:

But my question is - What if the primary applicant never arrives in australia? What are the consequences?

If the main applicant never arrives my gut feel would be that the application in its entirety could be viewed as fraudulent and all dependant applicant visas consequently cancelled. 

If I've followed the conversation correctly: you haven't yet applied and on your own are not eligible for a PR visa and need your 'wife's' skills to qualify as a dependent.  Your 'wife' may however may never move to Australia, even though you are planning on moving there permanently. I've used the word 'wife' loosely as to me it doesn't seem like your relationship is genuine. That you're asking the question before you've even applied suggests to me that your intentions from the get go are not honest and I don't think any registered agent would want to help you cheat the system.  Apologies if I've missed the mark, but to me that's what it looks like you're asking

Edited by ABG

On 10/14/2017 at 20:18, matt796 said:

Hi 

We have recently been granted our 190 visas and I have been asked to travel to Australia to undertake a job interview and testing. As the dependant applicant (my wife is the main applicant) can I travel on my own for my first entry etc 

Many thanks 

As mentioned above, unless you have condition 8502 (rarely happens), then it doesn't matter whether the visa holders travel together or separately.

On 10/14/2017 at 23:28, Satty said:

Would it impact the dependents PR visa if the main applicant never makes an entry?

Sent from my Redmi Note 3 using Tapatalk

If the relationship breaks down before you validate the visas, then you need to notify DIBP and the dependent visa may be cancelled.  But otherwise it wouldn't matter if the main applicant never travels to Australia - the dependent would still have their PR visa.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

The answer from a well respected MARA agent on this site is that you can land independently. Also from DIBP:-

"If you have NIL conditions on your visa then applicants can make first entry in any order."

This should clarify my initial questions. Thanks again.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
The answer from a well respected MARA agent on this site is that you can land independently. Also from DIBP:-
"If you have NIL conditions on your visa then applicants can make first entry in any order."
This should clarify my initial questions. Thanks again.

Thanks matt796. That helps![emoji106]

• 3 weeks later...
If the main applicant never arrives my gut feel would be that the application in its entirety could be viewed as fraudulent and all dependant applicant visas consequently cancelled. 
If I've followed the conversation correctly: you haven't yet applied and on your own are not eligible for a PR visa and need your 'wife's' skills to qualify as a dependent.  Your 'wife' may however may never move to Australia, even though you are planning on moving there permanently. I've used the word 'wife' loosely as to me it doesn't seem like your relationship is genuine. That you're asking the question before you've even applied suggests to me that your intentions from the get go are not honest and I don't think any registered agent would want to help you cheat the system.  Apologies if I've missed the mark, but to me that's what it looks like you're asking
Lol... You've gone too far. You are correct in guessing the application part where my wife if primary applicant can lead to a successful grant. But you are totally wrong in understanding the relationship matters. We are lawfully wedded. Its just that she's in dual minds and it'd be wise enough for me to cancel the whole thing if there is a mandate for the primary applicant to enter first and stay along with me. Thats it![emoji5]