187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

On 24/12/2017 at 08:59, Happy0005 said:

Yes we can easily create it on the google and share on Facebook ,Twitter,emails etc

Yes happy you are right 

I am totally agree with you 

we are the only one who can help ourself .. no one can come to help us 

its social media time at the moment we can anything we want and spread words all over the world within second 

only issue is not time 

trust me bro they are just rejecting files after 20 months with silly reason 

we can take step and save our and other thousands if people life 

we can take help from labour part and go out of Parliament House to demand justice 

it will defiantly work in this social media time 

3 hours ago, HB11 said:

Hi Guys,

I am following this group from long time. I think we should start with the petition to get a resolution for this long processing time issue.

Brother not only time it’s major issue now they are just rejecting files like hell with no legitimate reasons 

it’s just bull shit that no need of manager it’s just supervisor job 

they have been offering sponsor from years and years for manager then how come these dusties is for supervisor for now 

they are silently attacking us for no reason 

it’s social media time we can go out of Parliament House and ask for help from Labour Party and show them our status 

it will definitely work and words will spread all over the world within seconds 

becuase they just given silent instructions to all officer to reject files which is totally bullsjit .. never happened before in history 

it suppose to be start from March but they just started rejecting files 

we are the only one who can help our self 

5 hours ago, sam777 said:

Yes it is very long time.

Not only Long time .. it’s rejection after long time 

we have to help ourself in this social media time and need help from Labour Party and have to go in front of Parliament House to appeal for injustice 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, sam777 said:

Guys All retail Manager rejected hire a good lawyer and pay good fees and they have to take legal action against Them. They need to do petition as well. Just do it guys as it is not fairs as you guys waited nearly 2 years. How about your future?????

True sam 

we to hire good lawyer even tho we have to help ourself by putting petitions and go in front of Parliament House and get help from Labour Party in this worse situation 

they are just rejecting without any particular reason because they got instructions from minister silent reject all files 

we have to take step very fast 

it will work and Benefit thousands of people in this social Media time 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Sandy1 said:

True sam 

we to hire good lawyer even tho we have to help ourself by putting petitions and go in front of Parliament House and get help from Labour Party in this worse situation 

they are just rejecting without any particular reason because they got instructions from minister silent reject all files 

we have to take step very fast 

it will work and Benefit thousands of people in this social Media time 

I think you have to realise that the Australian government has responsibility to look out for the citizens of its country, not the people who aspire to become citizens. It’s about time that they tightened up on some occupations - really? Is there a shortage of retail managers in Australia? I wouldn’t have thought so. It’s a shame that your occupation doesn’t meet Australia’s needs at the moment but the government is doing the right thing by its people, it’s not responsible for the citizens of other countries as well. For too long people have been brought in to do jobs that Australians could/should have been doing and hopefully that is now being redressed.

It would certainly have been better if they’d tightened up a long time ago then you wouldn’t have been waiting so long and they really need to pare down the list of occupations in demand which bear little resemblance to the job vacancies. It’s unfortunate that you’re caught up in the crack down but I guess you must have always known that the Government can adjust and change its protocols to meet demand and no application is certain to succeed.

• Like 5

I think you have to realise that the Australian government has responsibility to look out for the citizens of its country, not the people who aspire to become citizens. It’s about time that they tightened up on some occupations - really? Is there a shortage of retail managers in Australia? I wouldn’t have thought so. It’s a shame that your occupation doesn’t meet Australia’s needs at the moment but the government is doing the right thing by its people, it’s not responsible for the citizens of other countries as well. For too long people have been brought in to do jobs that Australians could/should have been doing and hopefully that is now being redressed.
It would certainly have been better if they’d tightened up a long time ago then you wouldn’t have been waiting so long and they really need to pare down the list of occupations in demand which bear little resemblance to the job vacancies. It’s unfortunate that you’re caught up in the crack down but I guess you must have always known that the Government can adjust and change its protocols to meet demand and no application is certain to succeed.

I agree and disagree with you Quoll.
There are people here that have been waiting for almost 2 years. At time of application, processing times were estimated around 6 months so if they didn’t need/want retail managers, they should have let the applicants know within 6 months and not keep their lives on hold for so long; or they should have set some special conditions in order to grant the visas to retail managers.

In addition, I agree, there might be so many Australians that could do the same job and yet employers are looking for foreigners or maybe the foreigners are better qualified. Ask yourself why... Retail managers are almost at the bottom of the salaries chart. Australians don’t want to have responsibilities and get a low pay and that commit for long time. Also... Australian retail economy would really benefit from the experience of foreign retail manager: in general they come from very competitive markets and they know what rhey have to do in order to make a business profitable, especially in regional areas which the 187 visa is for. There are regional areas that don’t have any clue on how to conduct business in modern times.
So I do believe the retail manager occupation has been misused and overused but there are still genuine businesses that do need the experience of foreigner managers.
  • Like 5

4 hours ago, Cippalippa said:

I agree and disagree with you Quoll.
There are people here that have been waiting for almost 2 years. At time of application, processing times were estimated around 6 months so if they didn’t need/want retail managers, they should have let the applicants know within 6 months and not keep their lives on hold for so long; or they should have set some special conditions in order to grant the visas to retail managers.

In addition, I agree, there might be so many Australians that could do the same job and yet employers are looking for foreigners or maybe the foreigners are better qualified. Ask yourself why... Retail managers are almost at the bottom of the salaries chart. Australians don’t want to have responsibilities and get a low pay and that commit for long time. Also... Australian retail economy would really benefit from the experience of foreign retail manager: in general they come from very competitive markets and they know what rhey have to do in order to make a business profitable, especially in regional areas which the 187 visa is for. There are regional areas that don’t have any clue on how to conduct business in modern times.
So I do believe the retail manager occupation has been misused and overused but there are still genuine businesses that do need the experience of foreigner managers.

Very well said:) i agree to you.

• Like 1

The problem has been with that transit from 457 - there are more than a few reports of Aussies being booted from positions to be replaced by temporary visa holders who then get PR.

Just because employers can exploit foreigners by offering lower wages doesn’t mean they should do so.

All experience is valuable but I doubt we need to import as much as we have been especially when there is quite a high unemployment rate running.

Nobody has to put their lives on hold for 2 years, they can move on to something better any time they want.

The problem has been with that transit from 457 - there are more than a few reports of Aussies being booted from positions to be replaced by temporary visa holders who then get PR.

Just because employers can exploit foreigners by offering lower wages doesn’t mean they should do so.

All experience is valuable but I doubt we need to import as much as we have been especially when there is quite a high unemployment rate running.

Nobody has to put their lives on hold for 2 years, they can move on to something better any time they want.

Quoll, I don’t know your story but you sound like a typical Australian person thinking that foreigners are stealing jobs that Australians simply do not want or fail to keep based on their merits (and excuse themselves by blaming the foreigners).

You have mentioned the 457 visa, which by the way does (or better did as per the new TSS visa) not have retail managers on its skilled list. But anyway... the 457 programmes requires a minimum salary that most of the time it is way above the average salary of low paid occupation such as cook or hair dresser for instance... so that means that, if an employer needs to hire a foreigner, he/she has to pay the nominee more than he could pay an Australian (without the hassle of all the other requirements for the 457 visa).

I am not saying that the Australia has to import as much as before but I believe every case must be scrutinize carefully and not generalised. There are shops and businesses closing creating even more unemployment particularly in regional areas and these businesses are mainly run by Australians. The business I work for was initially run by an Australian manager (which was then fired) and guess what... the business was about to close down! The employer was having difficulties in finding a suitable replacement able to save the business (something he could not even do by himself!). I came along and with my experience and bringing something new to a regional area (thanks to my cultural and knowledge background) and the business is now successful and therefore employing more Australians (I am the only foreigner working there)!

Nobody has to put their lives on hold. Though you have to understand that when you invest so much into something, you give time in order to see a return on investment. A lot of foreigner people came to Australia with other visas first (tourist, WHV, student...). They have helped Australia’s economy and they still continue to do so. I myself have studied for 3 years and spent thousands of money in school, lawyers, English test, police certificates, medicals and visa fees... Australia has loved my money and I love living in Australia. This was my investment. Do you think that it is fair letting people applying for a visa and then give them an answer after 2 years. They take your money in advance and they give you and answer 2 years later. Let’s put it in the opposite way to give some idea: you provide a service or manual labour and your client says is gonna pay you in 6 months. As these were the agreed terms you are ok with it. But then your client after 6 months says: “hold on a second, I have to see how things go so I will pay you next month”. And every month this client keeps postponing and you never see your money... What do you do? Do you accept the fact that, after providing a really good service/job, you have lost all your time, effort and money or you keep chasing your client?

It’s not funny seeing that you have invested so much and having to wait for so long for an answer, especially if that answer happens to be negative due to political reasons and not based on your merits.
If we know that we have done everything right and by the book, why should we give up and move on? Is this what Australia really wants? Taking money from foreigners and then waiting for them to give up? I reckon this is not a very good strategic plan for Australia. Australia is already gaining a bad publicity and soon not even tourists would like to come here. Why should they? There are so many other countries to visit with better value than what Australia can offer. Even Australians prefer to go to Bali on holiday...
  • Like 3

There are many visa decisions which are taking a long time, not just this one - if you apply off shore for a skilled visa or a parent visa or even a partner visa- which is an avenue open to everyone - some of those are taking a long time too. This has to be about what Australia wants and needs. If people don’t like hanging around they can move on, no one is making them stay in Australia if they’re getting fed up with waiting. I have absolutely no objection to people being given visas - although I do get ticked off with people demanding visas - if they meet a need that cannot be filled by Australians. 

For every story like yours there will be several from Aussies who have been fired, often from foreign owned companies in favour of incomers - and if you believe the tales, the Aussies have been required to train them up because they weren’t capable of doing the job. But, they were cheaper and often countrymen of the owners who then get PR, so there definitely needs to be a tightening up of processing. No Aussie should lose a job just to employ a cheaper foreigner. 

The government should look, too, to ways of keeping Aussies in regional areas because they’re not doing that very well at the moment. 

• Confused 2
  • Sad 1

Hi Sam,

im currently in my 15th month!y agent submitted the application in Nov 2016 and still no case officer. A colleague of mine received hers mid December and visa was put in September 2016.

hope that helps! 

Which state do you apply and are you working there already?

It certainly does seem that the government is taking the stance of waiting people out and hoping they go away especially for professions they have no interest in, I hope you guys get an answer soon. 

We just had another 187 DE (medical professional) granted today at work and it took a little under 5 months from start to finish. (4 months 15 days) so they are definitely processing visas but not all of them.  

On 1/9/2018 at 10:53, Sameer July said:

Hi guys, I have been following this forum for 17,month,

position: retail manager,qld

nomination apply in July,2016,

visa apply in  April ,2017,

file allocated in December 2017,

they did send documents request  my company paper and same time immi called to my employer was asking  regarding my position, salary,and still working or not,i haven’t start work,

my migration agent send all documents updated,

what do you think how long it gone take for decision,

still no updates yet,

pls prayer for me

Hi Sameer

any update on your nomination? Can you please specify the exact date your CO was allocated? Thanks 

On 09/01/2018 at 12:53, Sameer July said:

Hi guys, I have been following this forum for 17,month,

position: retail manager,qld

nomination apply in July,2016,

visa apply in  April ,2017,

file allocated in December 2017,

they did send documents request  my company paper and same time immi called to my employer was asking  regarding my position, salary,and still working or not,i haven’t start work,

my migration agent send all documents updated,

what do you think how long it gone take for decision,

still no updates yet,

pls prayer for me

Hi Sameer,

Have you got any update on ur nomination? and could u please tell me what sort of documents they asked for?

TIA

7 minutes ago, skyfall said:

Hi guys ,

sad day for me nomination refused by immi they said recruitment activities to hire local was not undertaken properly. 

Nomintaion n visa :5 August 2016

retail manager  in WA

47 minutes ago, simar27 said:

yes many of them get refusals they working on files now

Bro can u share the reasons  so we can work on that n rectify those  things please.. early response will be appreciated 

thanks 

33 minutes ago, skyfall said:

Hi guys ,

sad day for me nomination refused by immi they said recruitment activities to hire local was not undertaken properly. 

Nomintaion n visa :5 August 2016

retail manager  in WA

Hi skyfall what sort of business were you sponsored? Are you currently working? Did your owner received any call and did immi requested any further docs??