My timeline nomination 7/4/2016

visa 18/5/2017

nomi approved 15/11/2017

visa status still receivedĀ 

occupation retail managerĀ 

Hi Sandeep,Ā 

Can you tell about more about what of business , turnover andĀ  employess?Ā 

Edited by Raj3077

Thanks. Not yet working with them, my current visa doesn't allow me to do so [emoji20]
Hi nicole .. as you mentioned in your previous post ,you said you applied in jan 2016 and you have got rejected in jan 2018.which is almost 2 years so our question is have you waited for 2 years or by miatake you wrote 2016 instead of 2017?

15 hours ago, 1993vikram said:

RCB approved 22 august 2016
Still waiting for nomination

That's frustrating, 18 months for the nominationĀ !!Ā 

I thought the visa takes longer time to wait and the nomination will take aroundĀ 5-9 months approximately

Hi guy's.Ā 

I am on 485 visa and applied for 187, my MA said that I am eligible to apply for medicare simultaneously I need to continue the private health insurance policy which is must for 485 visa. Is it true?Ā 

Can anyone suggest me regarding this issue.

ThanksĀ 

KumarĀ 

Hi guy's.Ā 
I am on 485 visa and applied for 187, my MA said that I am eligible to apply for medicare simultaneously I need to continue the private health insurance policy which is must for 485 visa. Is it true?Ā 
ThanksĀ 
KumarĀ 

I am pretty sure that you can apply for medicare once your 485 expires and your bridging visa kicks in.

1 hour ago, Kumar said:

Hi guy's.Ā 

ThanksĀ 

KumarĀ 

No, i'm on 485 to 187 as well, i'm still on 485 and they give me Medicare immediately (give them passport and bridging visa A). I don't need private health insurance anymore as 485 rule stated that maintain health insurance, medicare is one. I believe that it's enough to pay for medicare fee when you claim your tax return, it will be too expensive for you to pay for private health insurance as well.Ā 

No, i'm on 485 to 187 as well, i'm still on 485 and they give me Medicare immediately (give them passport and bridging visa A). I don't need private health insurance anymore as 485 rule stated that maintain health insurance, medicare is one. I believe that it's enough to pay for medicare fee when you claim your tax return, it will be too expensive for you to pay for private health insurance as well.Ā 

Ā 

af92fa60f52efd1581f923610016d1a6.jpg

Unless your country has a reciprocal health care agreement you need to purchase adequate health insurance.
Once the 485 visa expires and you will be on the bridging visa then you can apply for medicare. It happened to me when I was transitioning from student visa to bridging visa after applying for 187 visa.

6 hours ago, Cippalippa said:

Ā 

af92fa60f52efd1581f923610016d1a6.jpge

"You must have adequate health insurance unless you are covered by Medicare"

You are covered by Medicare immediately after applying for 187 visa. If you don't apply for Medicare it's your loss. Remind to you that Medicare is insurance as well and you have to pay for it in your tax return. You can call and ask immigration directly about this. I've asked them and my agent as well before I answer this.

I don't have private health insurance anymore, only Medicare and my 485 still works. It's more than 1.5 years. You don't need to wait until Bridging visa A kicks in. I still have more than 5 months until my 485 expired.

Read the second line.

Screen Shot 2018-01-12 at 1.48.37 am.png

Edited by ring3018

"You must have adequate health insurance unless you are covered by Medicare"
You are covered by Medicare immediately after applying for 187 visa. If you don't apply for Medicare it's your loss. Remind to you that Medicare is insurance as well and you have to pay for it in your tax return. You can call and ask immigration directly about this. I've asked them and my agent as well before I answer this.
I don't have private health insurance anymore, only Medicare and my 485 still works. It's more than 1.5 years. You don't need to wait until Bridging visa A kicks in. I still have more than 5 months until my 485 expired.
Read the second line.
5a57796959e07_ScreenShot2018-01-12at1_48_37am.thumb.png.720397f26830f945a70f4c5ef864de5f.png

Does your country of origin have reciprocal agreement?

1 minute ago, Cippalippa said:

Ā 

Does your country of origin have reciprocal agreement?

Ā 

No, I'm from a HR country. I know what is reciprocal health insurance mean. It's totally different and don't cover enough compared to Medicare for citizens.

Edited by ring3018

Skilled Visa E-news January 2018

11 Jan 2018
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
Ā 
The transitional arrangements are relevant for TRT stream applications only. No transitional arrangements are in place for Direct Entry (DE) stream applicants who are expected to meet the requirements in place atĀ time of application. New requirements willĀ notĀ be applied to pipeline applications.
Ā 
xD
  • Like 1

Hi guys, i am on bridging visa applying RSMS 187 and it has been 14 months now, aside of that i am just wondering did any of you guys able to apply for a credit card? i have been a customer with commonwealth bank for 3 years but got declined as i am on bridging visa and therefore i need to wait until i got my resident. I need the credit card score to get a good rating to be able to apply for a mortgage asap after i got my resident. I am willing to shop around thru all the bank, but i am just trying to save the hassle if any of you guys have any information to share. Thanks and have a good weekend all.

2 hours ago, 420dream said:

Hi guys, i am on bridging visa applying RSMS 187 and it has been 14 months now, aside of that i am just wondering did any of you guys able to apply for a credit card? i have been a customer with commonwealth bank for 3 years but got declined as i am on bridging visa and therefore i need to wait until i got my resident. I need the credit card score to get a good rating to be able to apply for a mortgage asap after i got my resident. I am willing to shop around thru all the bank, but i am just trying to save the hassle if any of you guys have any information to share. Thanks and have a good weekend all.

They wont give you even a phone contract let alone bank loan. Save yourself time man. Wait until you hear a good news from the department. As you are on bridging visa, like the rest of us, you wont be able to apply for any loan.