187 Visa Processing Time

Big bird 12

hi sonicblue82 and amy rose, i feel very much for you guys. i know the nightmare that you are going throu. we had a CO for near 2 months and we like you guys we didnt have any contact at all from her. we even sent 2 very polite E MAILS. and that was equally fruitless. so this is what we did. when immi sent us E MAIL telling us we had CO , they gave us her name and E MAIL address and her direct contact phone number. so my wife being the main visa applicant waited untill midnight uk time, wich would be 9 in the morn in sydney and she rang up and got throu directly to our CO, and just politely told our CO , how long we had been waiting and that we were a little worried as what the hold up was, CO was fine and asked if we had sent police checks and medicals, that we had, she asked for our TRN number and said every thing looked 2 be in order and that the medicals had been held up. and she then said she would E MAIL wife back that same night, 45 minutes later PR was granted . we could not beleive it. i wonder now that if we had not made that call im sure we would still be sat waiting and checking our E MAILS every day and pulling our hair out, why not do the same thing yourselves? as they say the squeeky wheel gets the oil, just be polite and have any info you think they may ask at hand ,ie passport no ,TRN no ect, good luck and dont be afraid to phone, they are only human and ours did not seem to mind, WE flying out next thursday the 18 th and so exited. hope this helps cheers. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

hi sonicblue82 and amy rose, i feel very much for you guys. i know the nightmare that you are going throu. we had a CO for near 2 months and we like you guys we didnt have any contact at all from her. we even sent 2 very polite E MAILS. and that was equally fruitless. so this is what we did. when immi sent us E MAIL telling us we had CO , they gave us her name and E MAIL address and her direct contact phone number. so my wife being the main visa applicant waited untill midnight uk time, wich would be 9 in the morn in sydney and she rang up and got throu directly to our CO, and just politely told our CO , how long we had been waiting and that we were a little worried as what the hold up was, CO was fine and asked if we had sent police checks and medicals, that we had, she asked for our TRN number and said every thing looked 2 be in order and that the medicals had been held up. and she then said she would E MAIL wife back that same night, 45 minutes later PR was granted . we could not beleive it. i wonder now that if we had not made that call im sure we would still be sat waiting and checking our E MAILS every day and pulling our hair out, why not do the same thing yourselves? as they say the squeeky wheel gets the oil, just be polite and have any info you think they may ask at hand ,ie passport no ,TRN no ect, good luck and dont be afraid to phone, they are only human and ours did not seem to mind, WE flying out next thursday the 18 th and so exited. hope this helps cheers. AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE

Ā 

Ā 

Thanks for sharing this, losing faith. Congratulations and all the best with your move to Australia!

Ā 

After insisting last week that my migration agent contact my case officer, I received an e-mail from my migration agent today with the case officer's reply:

Ā 

Dear <migration agent>,

Ā 

Thank you for your email, please assure your client the application is continuing to be processed.

Ā 

Kind regards

Ā 

Case Officer

Ā 

Ā 

I had specifically asked my migration agent to find out details regarding where the case officer is at with his assessment, if he requires any further documentation and an anticipated date on when the visa application will be granted. I did not see my migration agents' e-mail to the case officer, but I would have thought that he would have requested the above since I was adamant that he finds out. And that is the response we got :(

Ā 

I'm at a loss here. I just don't know what to do anymore. This is driving me absolutely insane. It would appear that I have ended up with a case officer who isn't as human-like and understanding as yours... My employer spoke with the case officer back in May, and I had e-mailed him. Now we had the migration agent contact him 5 weeks later and still he remains as vague as he was weeks ago. Bad luck I guess :(

Thanks for sharing this, losing faith. Congratulations and all the best with your move to Australia!

Ā 

After insisting last week that my migration agent contact my case officer, I received an e-mail from my migration agent today with the case officer's reply:

Ā 

Dear <migration agent>,

Ā 

Thank you for your email, please assure your client the application is continuing to be processed.

Ā 

Kind regards

Ā 

Case Officer

Ā 

Ā 

I had specifically asked my migration agent to find out details regarding where the case officer is at with his assessment, if he requires any further documentation and an anticipated date on when the visa application will be granted. I did not see my migration agents' e-mail to the case officer, but I would have thought that he would have requested the above since I was adamant that he finds out. And that is the response we got :(

Ā 

I'm at a loss here. I just don't know what to do anymore. This is driving me absolutely insane. It would appear that I have ended up with a case officer who isn't as human-like and understanding as yours... My employer spoke with the case officer back in May, and I had e-mailed him. Now we had the migration agent contact him 5 weeks later and still he remains as vague as he was weeks ago. Bad luck I guess :(

Ā 

hi sonic blue82: I am sure you are just bad luck to have a co like him, because my pr granted after 2 months of co too, some people got their visa only after a few days or even a few minutes, but how ever I am sure you will get your visa soon, because your co replied to you, it means he has to look up your file soon before your agent email him again, so I think you will get your visa within one month , good luck!

Edited by blossom
Fixing quote

Hello Guys,

Need a little suggestion here, I applied for Nomination and visa application about a month ago only. My agent sent me email today saying that my nomination has approved and has requested me health check and police checks.But i have not even got my RCB result. RCB is still in processing from 5weeks.

Reason we lodged our 187 so that we can save new charges as application charges has been changed from 1st July.

My question is do i need to wait for RCB or Nomination is important than RCB? I am little excited and confuse too.

Any suggestions please reply asap.

Hi everyone . I have been following the posts for long time and now I Would like to share my timeline and the good news .

03/2012-RCB applied

05/2012-RCB requested more documents

07/2012-changing in RSMS visa qualification and IELTS requirements

10/2012-RCB approved

12/2012-Nomination applied

25/04/2013-Visa applied

29/04/2013-nomination approved

29/05/2013-requested more documents

16/07/2013-VISA GRANTED.

Low risk country DR Parramatta office

I cannot explain in words how happy I am. I understand how frustrating the waiting time especially on the final stages is. Deserve all the best to everyone.

Edited by luck

what a relief PR granted today

Ā 

Nomination and visa application lodged: 29/6/2012

Case officer allocated: 14/3/2013

Documents requested: 18/6/2013

Nomination approved: 15/7/2013

PR granted: 18/7/2013

Ā 

Hairdresser, High risk country.

Come on DIAC, grant some visas to keep our hopes alive. there are people waiting for too long. This thread is becoming pale and inactive. Please cherish......at least 2 visas a day......:biggrin:

Ā 

I'm beginning to think that every time I check my progress on IMMI website they put mine to the bottom of the pile....but still I have to check a couple of times a day....don't you just love waiting? And it's only been a couple of months for me, I feel for those still offshore and waiting for a year or so....

Timeline .....a long time! This time last year my work place offered to sponsor me but first I had to get my qualifications recognised. This took months to do, having to get statements from previous employers in England.

Once they were recognised my employer lodged their side of paper work march/April and got approved pretty quick

we lodged ours 28th April I think we got CO in may. She asked for more evidence.last week we discovered we had no CO anymore.

got new CO on Thursday and approved today :biggrin:

Ā 

Tasmas, what kind of dog have you got in your pic...it looks very very similar to my dog who is a rescue dog so we don't know what she is!

It feels like its been forever, I know getting the qualifications recognised isn't part of the visa process but all that time just seems like it has gone on and on and on! And we did all the paper work our selves with no agent so I am very pleased with myself :)

Timeline .....a long time! This time last year my work place offered to sponsor me but first I had to get my qualifications recognised. This took months to do, having to get statements from previous employers in England.

Once they were recognised my employer lodged their side of paper work march/April and got approved pretty quick

we lodged ours 28th April I think we got CO in may. She asked for more evidence.last week we discovered we had no CO anymore.

got new CO on Thursday and approved today :biggrin:

Ā 

Ā 

Tasmas, what kind of dog have you got in your pic...it looks very very similar to my dog who is a rescue dog so we don't know what she is!

Ā 

She's a purebred English Staffy! But she has a fault according to breed guidelines, her ears are pricked - meaning that they don't fold over at the top like other staffies you might see... but, she is as cute as a button!

Ā 

LOL...just had to come back and edit, good job I checked the spelling - I put stiffies instead of staffies....ha ha ha!!! Sorry...filthy mind.

Edited by Tasmas
Spelling!

Hey ya'll, here's my contribution of the moment:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Employer Nomination applied and acknowledged - 19/03/13
  • RSMS Advice Nomination Applied - 23/04/13
  • RSMS Advice Outcome given - 07/05/13
  • Visa 187 Application applied and acknowledged - 08/05/13

Ā 

Ā 

No case officer allocated yet.

Ā 

Ā 

I applied through the Melbourne Centre

Restaurant Manager

Low Risk

Direct Entry

Non-Decision Ready (and no agent)

Ā 

Ā 

My 457 was processed incredibly fast in May 2012. I'm preparing to settle in for a long wait now.

Hey ya'll, here's my contribution of the moment:

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

Ā 

• Employer Nomination applied and acknowledged - 19/03/13

• RSMS Advice Nomination Applied - 23/04/13

• RSMS Advice Outcome given - 07/05/13

• Visa 187 Application applied and acknowledged - 08/05/13

Ā 

Ā 

No case officer allocated yet.

Ā 

Ā 

I applied through the Melbourne Centre

Restaurant Manager

Low Risk

Direct Entry

Non-Decision Ready (and no agent)

Ā 

Ā 

My 457 was processed incredibly fast in May 2012. I'm preparing to settle in for a long wait now.

Ā 

Ā 

Hi FightingIllini,

Ā 

Welcome to PomsinOz!

Ā 

I am also located in Adelaide. My 187 RSMS nomination and visa application were lodged (through a MA) non-decision ready to the Melbourne office on 11 September, 2012. I waited 8 months for a case officer and the CO has now had my file for 2 1/2 months and I'm still waiting............... Also a low-risk country and direct entry. This doesn't necessarily mean yours will take as long, but my advice would be to prepare yourself for a good few months wait, as the Melbourne office is the slowest of the three permanent entry sponsored offices, and they are most certainly backlogged to say the least. Good luck mate.