Final reminder of age limit changes

VERYSTORMY

190 visa still 50 age limit, no?  Although who knows what other bombshells they may announce on 1st July.   Our EOI is ready to go for Friday when they are  re opening  the list for our code and state.  We can't do anything before then.  But If they announce a change to the 190 age limit, the dream is over for us. 

I received an email this morning from a migration agent I must have made some enquiries with. The email says that the govt made a further announcement yesterday that the changes will also apply now to 190 and 489 visas?

13 minutes ago, ayda said:

I received an email this morning from a migration agent I must have made some enquiries with. The email says that the govt made a further announcement yesterday that the changes will also apply now to 190 and 489 visas?

Yes I heard the same this morning. It applies to 189, 190, 489 now.

6 hours ago, VERYSTORMY said:

It was posted on the Perth forum this morning by a well known agent.

Noted.

There was reference to a reduced age limit for 190 and 489 visas in a newsletter issued to migration agents by the Department of Immigration a couple of days ago, but this has not yet been validated by reference to legislation.

There is a post on the MIA forum asking the same question - as yet not answered with any authority.

I'd prefer to await sight of the amending legislation before saying the age limit for 190 and 489 applications is definitely reducing to 45.

Best regards.

OK - just in from the Migration Institute of Australia:

The MIA has confirmed with the Department of Immigration and Border Protection that the age limit for Subclasses 190 and 489 will be lowered to 45 years of age on 1 July 2017.

The relevant legislative instrument is yet to be released.

Best regards.

Just to be aware, from March 2018, the age limit for 186 will be 45. So if you'll get 457 now and after 2 years you're over 45, you can't apply for 186 anymore. Or for any other visa...so after 4 years in Oz on 457, it's the time to head back to the UK.

Just to be aware, from March 2018, the age limit for 186 will be 45. So if you'll get 457 now and after 2 years you're over 45, you can't apply for 186 anymore. Or for any other visa...so after 4 years in Oz on 457, it's the time to head back to the UK.

Unless you fall in love with an Australian while your there [emoji23]

51 minutes ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

It was meant as a light hearted joke nothing else

I actually got abused by other posters, and was threatened with being banned from this site for making the same joke a few years back!

7 hours ago, Mcguinnessp1968 said:

There's nothing wrong with a light hearted joke surely

That's what I thought, but I really did get eaten for breakfast over it, and stayed away from the forum for some time as a result. 

Archived