2 hours ago, Roni S said:

Congratulations,  did you received any email from immigration like this "We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment."

Hi, no we haven't received any notification emails. Migration just asked additional finacial documents in March. Our MA sent them reminder last week and kindly ask to grant application sooner 😄 because our medical will finishes on the 9th of April. Which is tomorrow!!!! Feeling so thankful! 

On 07/04/2019 at 11:37, redbeard said:
Dear friends, I need help. I have submitted my visa application for 25 months. I still received it. Is there any way to appeal to the Immigration Bureau? Calling seems to have no effect

Hey @Hex, i was asking your opinion for this?

And it's nice to see that you point out someone on it's second language capability (English).

You're a true Aussie now mate.

Have a good day.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, Kashif.Iqbal said:

Hey @Hex, i was asking your opinion for this?

And it's nice to see that you point out someone on it's second language capability (English).

You're a true Aussie now mate.

Have a good day.

As a moderator, I suggest you take your disagreement to the PM system so that others may continue to enjoy this thread.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

7 hours ago, Krl said:

We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment."

Hi,  I received an email like this on the 4th April. Does this run along the 28 day timeline used for additional document requests etc.? I've submitted everything that was asked for in a document request made on March 25th. 

9 hours ago, Roni S said:

Congratulations,  did you received any email from immigration like this "We are writing to inform you that your application for an Employer Sponsored Entry visa will shortly be allocated to a Decision Maker for assessment."

No I did not get that email. However, I got an email to do my health check on monday (1/4) because i have not done this. So I did my health check on wed (3/4), my status then changed to further assessment on thursday (4/4). I then got my visa granted yesterday (8/4).

8 hours ago, SBroc said:

No I haven’t had it rejected, but I have not submitted my visa application because I’m waiting for my nomination to be approved first. Although now I’m thinking I should apply for the visa, but don’t want to pay for that and then potentially have nomination refused. So I’m wondering if anyone has been in that situation before? 

Thanks

@SBroc There have definitely been cases like this in the past - if you have a visa application in process and the nomination gets refused, you will loose the money for the visa application.
- I have never heard of a case where someone was successfully able to get their monies back. 

Many people would tell you to try apply for both, if possible - however, you do stand to forfeit any money spent on the visa, hence, why it's so important to have all required information for the nomination in order. 

Just now, Louisa said:

Good morning everyone. Does anybody know if we are entitled to apply Medicare card after applying 186 trt application even our 457 visa doesn’t expire? 

@Louisa Morning! 

Yep, once you have applied for the 186 and have the bridging visa's, you can walk into a MediCare and apply (and get it) there and then.

- We did it on the same day of lodging and were giving MediCare (temp) on the same day. 
- You will need all personal documents (passports etc.), as well as copies of the visa submission and bridging visas. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Louisa Morning! 

Yep, once you have applied for the 186 and have the bridging visa's, you can walk into a MediCare and apply (and get it) there and then.

- We did it on the same day of lodging and were giving MediCare (temp) on the same day. 
- You will need all personal documents (passports etc.), as well as copies of the visa submission and bridging visas. 

Thank you Hex, May I ask you that if we are entitled to claim the medicare levy if we don’t apply Medicare card after 186 trt application submits but before PR approves?

Just now, Louisa said:

Thank you Hex, May I ask you that if we are entitled to claim the medicare levy if we don’t apply Medicare card after 186 trt application submits but before PR approves?

@Louisa As far as i'm aware (welcome for someone to correct me here), you are able to claim it up until you get Medicare / PR approved. 

- I know the last claim we made, we needed to split the days we had and days we didn't have (so it was like 6 months of claiming and 6 months of not). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, SBroc said:

No I haven’t had it rejected, but I have not submitted my visa application because I’m waiting for my nomination to be approved first. Although now I’m thinking I should apply for the visa, but don’t want to pay for that and then potentially have nomination refused. So I’m wondering if anyone has been in that situation before? 

Thanks

Hi,
Yes, if you apply before nomination is approved - and the nomination is refused you will not get a refund.

Hi guys, 

Generic question here - how long does it take for the medicals to be sent/uploaded to immi's health assessment section of the portal/website?

Me and my partner did ours on Wednesday and mine were done (health assessment finalized) on the next day where as her's only the X-ray was Completed and the other two are incomplete for about 4-5 days. Called up the clinic and gave me an answer like "immigration can take up to 3 weeks to upload the results" and not sure if this is somewhat true or they (clinic) haven't uploaded them yet. Was interesting moment while doing our medicals - we both came at same time, i got called first and my partner had to wait like an hour or more and now with the results, mine are done where as her's are still incomplete. Any info/feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

28 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Louisa As far as i'm aware (welcome for someone to correct me here), you are able to claim it up until you get Medicare / PR approved. 

- I know the last claim we made, we needed to split the days we had and days we didn't have (so it was like 6 months of claiming and 6 months of not). 

Hi Hex, 

May I know what is that Medicare levy mean? I haven't applied my Medicare since I applied for 186 visa. 

Thanks for your response in advance 🙂

2 minutes ago, Silentreader101 said:

Is it just me or is wa slower at looking at applications. Lots of nsw applications from November being approved where as wa seem to be March 

Hi - please add you signature so you can be added to the timeline;

State: 
Birth Country: 
Stream: 

Number of applicants: 
ENS 186 
Nomination applied: 
Visa Application submitted:

IMMI Status:

There was an WA grant a few pages back - also as you can imagine this forum only represents a very small sample of all 186 applications.  I would say that just in this forum there are probably more people in NSW than WA.  But like I said based on a very small sample of the total number of applications 

• Like 1

Just now, Esad.I said:

Hi guys, 

Generic question here - how long does it take for the medicals to be sent/uploaded to immi's health assessment section of the portal/website?

Me and my partner did ours on Wednesday and mine were done (health assessment finalized) on the next day where as her's only the X-ray was Completed and the other two are incomplete for about 4-5 days. Called up the clinic and gave me an answer like "immigration can take up to 3 weeks to upload the results" and not sure if this is somewhat true or they (clinic) haven't uploaded them yet. Was interesting moment while doing our medicals - we both came at same time, i got called first and my partner had to wait like an hour or more and now with the results, mine are done where as her's are still incomplete. Any info/feedback is appreciated.

Thanks

@Esad.I Each time I went for medicals (and from what I've read and seen from others), these details are always updated "within 5 working days". 

I did it twice, 1st time - my application was updated within 3 days, 2nd time - it was updated on day 5. 
- The typical process is that BUPA upload direct to your application. Taking up to 3 weeks, I've not heard of before. 

1 minute ago, TBO said:

Hi Hex, 

May I know what is that Medicare levy mean? I haven't applied my Medicare since I applied for 186 visa. 

Medicare Levy is charged to those who are eligible for Medicare - basically when you lodge your Australian Tax Returns a medicare levy will apply (usually starting from 1% of your taxable income)

If you are not eligible you can be exempt from this levy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TBO said:

Hi Hex, 

@TBO This is something that each person pays automatically at the end of each month, to the government. 

When you are not a PR / Citizen you don't have Medicare (obviously) and hence, you're legible to get a rebate (at each end of TAX year).
- Meaning, at each TAX return (each year), you can claim to get the MediCare levy back. 

I have heard this might be automated now, but am not sure. 

Hope that helps. 

• Like 1

On 04/04/2019 at 15:03, Judy Wang said:

Hi @WZR, could you tell me how many days you have waited to  "Finalised"  since you saw the "Last updated" date had changed? I am in the same situation now so wondering to estimate a bit.

Thanks.

Hi @Judy Wang

I waited around 15 days from when my "Last updated" date changed (when my health checks were uploaded) to "Finalised" (when my PR was granted). From reading comments in this forum I think the average time is about 35 days? but it can be a lot longer in some cases. Hope yours will come soon!

1 minute ago, Hex said:

@Esad.I Each time I went for medicals (and from what I've read and seen from others), these details are always updated "within 5 working days". 

I did it twice, 1st time - my application was updated within 3 days, 2nd time - it was updated on day 5. 
- The typical process is that BUPA upload direct to your application. Taking up to 3 weeks, I've not heard of before. 

Thanks for the prompt reply @Hex and the nurse said up to 5 when we did the tests but yesterday when i called the receptionist, they said " up t 3 weeks" and was a bit hard to believe 🙂 

Any observations/guestimates how long might take after medicals are finalized for the visa to be approved? 

Good news on our side!

After a formal complaint to immigration,  made by our MA (not sure of the procedure MA followed to make a complaint) on March 26th, yesterday we received a notification that my partner passed his character assessment! (Not sure if it was because of the complaint or it was just a coincidence )

He has criminal records in Italy dated more than 10 years ago. Immigration asked for form 80 in May 2018, and it took so long for them to process the form, as they have to send it to an external office for further investigation. 

Now our file is back in CO's hands...

Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon...

2 years since we applied...

13 months since they opened our file...

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Esad.I said:

Any observations/guestimates how long might take after medicals are finalized for the visa to be approved? 

@Esad.I That's a real tough one and I don't think anyone would be able to answer that accurately for you. Especially as it all depends on the case (each case is different). 

If however, all details and documents are updated and nothing else is required - then typically the CO would review the case within 30-40 days of requesting the medical / documents. 
- There has been a case where someone got a response within 1 day from CO (which was unbelievable), so this is more of an observation / something gathered from this forum. 

Hoping all goes well and you get the grant soon! 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, 123stella said:

Good news on our side!

After a formal complaint to immigration,  made by our MA (not sure of the procedure MA followed to make a complaint) on March 26th, yesterday we received a notification that my partner passed his character assessment! (Not sure if it was because of the complaint or it was just a coincidence )

He has criminal records in Italy dated more than 10 years ago. Immigration asked for form 80 in May 2018, and it took so long for them to process the form, as they have to send it to an external office for further investigation. 

Now our file is back in CO's hands...

Hopefully we'll hear some good news soon...

2 years since we applied...

13 months since they opened our file...

Hi 123stella How to make formal complaint to department as I passed 20 months still waiting for any response.

10 hours ago, SBroc said:

Thanks

i am in the similar situation, i applied nomination on march 2018, but after 9 months' waiting and the status's still be"received" , i just thought i shouldn't waste time on waiting, so i applied visa on December 2018,  however no good news though, the status's still received, soooooo upset😂 all my coworkers applied visa after me have got the email except me...