Thanks....

Hi - welcome, please update your signature - to share your timeline (instructions are in my signature)
No, usually your application is looked at, so if they require any further details then they request all what is needed in the request s56.  I would say it would be very unlikely for them to ask multiple times, as not efficient..... But I wouldn't rule it out.

State: 
Visa type: 
Applicants: 
Nomination lodged: 
Visa lodged: 

IMMI Status

• Like 1

1 hour ago, playitbyear said:

@syc15 As an Irish resident I was not required to obtain private health cover, due to the reciprocal agreement in place between the two countries. I've read other posters have advised to keep your health insurance, as it is a requirement of your current 457 visa.

I remember being told this by people but when we got the grant for our 457 (Irish resident as well) it stated that we had to maintain private health insurance.

I don't know why people are so eager to give up private health insurance, once you go over a certain amount of earnings you get hit with penalties (Extra medicare levy), and if you don't have cover when your over 30 they load your health insurance premiums when you do take it out.

I think it's worth talking to a tax advisory before cancelling it as you might end up worse off. Also not to mention getting better healthcare when you are sick

Hi All,

I have sad information to share.

My Company nomination was refused  and received an  invitation to comment on it.

I was 1 of the applicants who received that email about your application will be assessment shortly.

I am so sad 7 months waiting for it.

Can you please tell me who had gone trough it?

• Sad 16

5 minutes ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

My Company nomination was refused  and received an  invitation to comment on it.

I was 1 of the applicants who received that email about your application will be assessment shortly. 

Hey Mate,

Thats sad to hear. Did they mention the reason as to why they refused the nomination ? What has your MA suggested ?

9 minutes ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

Hi Tiago,

I feel so sorry for you..

I had my nomination refused as well a year ago. I had an option to appeal (as they did not requested any additional docs to support financial ability to sponsor) or withdraw and apply again.

We chose to withdraw and reapply simply because the appeal case can last even 2 years.

Would you mind sharing the reason for the refusal?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

sorry to hear about that friend, maybe should try to appeal if your position is important to your company. 

14 minutes ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

Hi - very sorry to hear this.

We went through nomination refusal too last year.  We decided to withdraw our application and start all over again 😞 

What was the reason for the nomination refusal do you know?  Maybe can appeal - although I hear that appeal waiting times can be > 1 year! Either that or start again 

1 hour ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

why they refuesd it and can you share some point what they mention there.

Edited by Lovely508
one my friend also going through AAT

1 hour ago, AMcclain said:

Hey Mate,

Thats sad to hear. Did they mention the reason as to why they refused the nomination ? What has your MA suggested ?

Thanks for your reply.

My MA said it was that My Company don't need my occupation, wich is ridiculous. Also my salary was too low. 75k

• Sad 2

23 minutes ago, Tiago said:

Thanks for your reply.

My MA said it was that My Company don't need my occupation, wich is ridiculous. Also my salary was too low. 75k

I am really sorry to read that Tiago, it's heartbreaking to know that your waiting time, money and effort gone.. I really wish you all the best mate and to find your way through this limbo here..

• Sad 1

3 hours ago, Tiago said:

Hi All,

So sorry to hear that man! 😞

how long have u been working for that company?

15 hours ago, Tiago said:

Thanks for your reply.

Hi Tiago,

Really sorry you are in this position - do you know what is the next step for you? will you re-apply?

My MA agent reached out to me last week and said the department of immigration are hitting out hard on "genuine need for the position" for ENS visas and as such need to strengthen business case by providing key achievements since being in the role and justifying the need for the employee. 

Also salary is a big thing that needs to be justified   so again a strong business case needs to be put in place to support your base nominated salary - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/regional-sponsor-migration-scheme-187/salary-requirements

Did you use a MA for the nomination?

Wish you all the best for the next steps, understand the heartache you are in at the moment - as previously had a nomination refused.

Third document request on April 10th, we have to do the medicals again.

They were 2 years old, we expected that, just frustrating you can't do them without their referral letter, so we had to wait for their request.

Today marks 2 years since we applied!

At least now I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, 123stella said:

Third document request on April 10th, we have to do the medicals again.

They were 2 years old, we expected that, just frustrating you can't do them without their referral letter, so we had to wait for their request.

Today marks 2 years since we applied!

At least now I can see a light at the end of the tunnel!

Hi. Why did your partner’s character assessment take a year to finish?

14 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hi Fung - If you check her previous posts (you can do this by clicking on the user name) it was because her partner had criminal records in Italy dated more than 10 years ago

3 minutes ago, art said:

Does anyone know if submitting the application after 3 month after lodging the nomination actually delays the processing time? It is hard to judge on this from the spreadsheet data. 

@art Unfortunately no one will know the correct answer to this - as each case is different and taken on it's merits. 

However, based off the typical scenario - lodging the visa like you have, should have no impact on your wait (depending on all criteria being met), as once the nomination is approved - they should be able to immediately look at your Visa. 

5 minutes ago, art said:

Does anyone know if submitting the application after 3 month after lodging the nomination actually delays the processing time? It is hard to judge on this from the spreadsheet data. 

Remember nomination and visa application are 2 separate applications - so your application will not affect the processing time of the nomination.

15 minutes ago, Fung said:

He had criminal records back in Italy, dated more than 10 years ago. 

It took so long because in these cases they send the file to an external agency that investigates further on the person.

6 minutes ago, art said:

My nomination applied on march 2018,visa applied on December 2018, no news yet

5 minutes ago, Hex said:

@art Unfortunately no one will know the correct answer to this - as each case is different and taken on it's merits. 

However, based off the typical scenario - lodging the visa like you have, should have no impact on your wait (depending on all criteria being met), as once the nomination is approved - they should be able to immediately look at your Visa. 

I am asking, as 2 colleagues of mine (same company) have already received their golden visas (a month ago and this week), though applied (for both nomination and visa) either at the same time with my nomination or a month later. This make me think that the delay is actually due to late application.