Received the same email today regarding my nomination being looked at shortly, I'm very surprised as I was only nominated on 8th March 2019. I have not applied for the visa as I wanted to get the nomination first, but I'm thinking now I should start the visa process as a result of this email, any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Please help!

MA told me that our nomination has been approved but CO requested proof of relationship. But we don’t have any joint account.

What shall I do? How can I show our financial commitment? Is joint account statements really so important? Many thanks in advance!

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hi everyone. Please help!

MA told me that our nomination has been approved but CO requested proof of relationship. But we don’t have any joint account.

What shall I do? How can I show our financial commitment? Is joint account statements really so important? Many thanks in advance!

Hey mate, Proof of relationship doesn’t nesccessarily need to be joint bank accounts. You can also use stat declaration from family and friends, photos of any gathering such as social, cards, letters, phone records, emails, rental agreements (past, present), etc. What the dept wants to see is the genuineness of the relationship. Hope this helps. 

There are many ways to show a relationship even if you are not married.

email correspondence between two, social media interactions, mentioning each other in workpieces, joint bills (power, gas, phone etc), ownership documents (e.g. mortgage, lease etc). You should submit as much as you can, then it is up to the CO to determine if the relationship is genuine or not. Since you don't get to argue with their decision, it is best to supply everything you can.

On 10/05/2018 at 16:51, bradfords said:

Hairdresser DE

Hi Fung, i am in the same situation . We had joint account and when I emailed them I sent my lease contract, phone bills and stat docs from both of us. How they ask ? I mean did immi ask you to email or lodge online to your file. Or natural justice 

13 minutes ago, Dep18 said:

Hey mate, Proof of relationship doesn’t nesccessarily need to be joint bank accounts. You can also use stat declaration from family and friends, photos of any gathering such as social, cards, letters, phone records, emails, rental agreements (past, present), etc. What the dept wants to see is the genuineness of the relationship. Hope this helps. 

Thank you very much. I am so worried because I saw articles on the internet that financial commitments are the most important aspect, but we really can’t have anything to prove that (no joint account, no joint property). We always go shopping together, so I always use my credit card.

14 minutes ago, Dam said:

Hi Fung, i am in the same situation . We had joint account and when I emailed them I sent my lease contract, phone bills and stat docs from both of us. How they ask ? I mean did immi ask you to email or lodge online to your file. Or natural justice 

No, they just requested for additional documents. I guess my MA will upload it online.

Have you already provided the documents to them?

Edited by Fung

21 minutes ago, jbh said:

There are many ways to show a relationship even if you are not married.

email correspondence between two, social media interactions, mentioning each other in workpieces, joint bills (power, gas, phone etc), ownership documents (e.g. mortgage, lease etc). You should submit as much as you can, then it is up to the CO to determine if the relationship is genuine or not. Since you don't get to argue with their decision, it is best to supply everything you can.

Thank you very much. I am so worried because I saw articles on the internet that financial commitments are the most important aspect. And we don’t write emails to each other. Normally we just send iMessages or do FaceTime (both don’t show on telephone bills).

3 hours ago, SBroc said:

Received the same email today regarding my nomination being looked at shortly, I'm very surprised as I was only nominated on 8th March 2019. I have not applied for the visa as I wanted to get the nomination first, but I'm thinking now I should start the visa process as a result of this email, any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

I didn't receive any email fro. Immi august 2018

1 hour ago, Fung said:

Thank you very much. I am so worried because I saw articles on the internet that financial commitments are the most important aspect. And we don’t write emails to each other. Normally we just send iMessages or do FaceTime (both don’t show on telephone bills).

For my partner visa we send a whole document of photos together plus dates and occasions next to it. Like a picture of us together every 2/3 months. Also letters of friends/family acknowledging the relationship and for example flight tickets if you have been on holidays together?

50 minutes ago, Deep1984 said:

I didn't receive any email fro. Immi august 2018

A lot of people that waited a bit longer have not received the email. I hope it is just a timeframe that they chose to send the email to, because a lot of applicants dont attach their police check and medical right away and maybe the department wants to hurry up the process and make sure its all done. My coworker received the email and she literally submitted her visa this week. Because its an automatic email people that already submitted police check and health assessment will receive it too.

It would be interesting to see if we get any grands on here from people soon that have not received the email. Hopes up 🙏🙏😬

Edited by Suusz

14 minutes ago, Suusz said:

For my partner visa we send a whole document of photos together plus dates and occasions next to it. Like a picture of us together every 2/3 months. Also letters of friends/family acknowledging the relationship and for example flight tickets if you have been on holidays together?

Thank you. Did immi accept that your document was sufficient? I have proof of any other aspects in the checklist, apart from the financial part.

4 minutes ago, Fung said:

Thank you. Did immi accept that your document was sufficient? I have proof of any other aspects in the checklist, apart from the financial part.

Our defacto visa was approved but we did also have a joint bank account and lease. So not sure  if without that it was sufficient enough. 

20 minutes ago, Suusz said:

Our defacto visa was approved but we did also have a joint bank account and lease. So not sure  if without that it was sufficient enough. 

Thank you very much. I hope immi will accept ours as well. Joint account is never in our mindset. I’m really curious that how come joint is useful in daily life? What’s wrong with each person having his or her own bank account and credit card?

1 hour ago, Fung said:

Thank you very much. I hope immi will accept ours as well. Joint account is never in our mindset. I’m really curious that how come joint is useful in daily life? What’s wrong with each person having his or her own bank account and credit card?

It is probably because having a joint bank account shows more commitment as you have more dependency and responsibility. Similar with joint mortgage or rental agreement. But I totally understand, not all couples will need to have joint accounts to show that they are dedicated to each other. I think immigration will see that too as long as you provide all the other evidence.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, vincentccc said:

Looks like the department just left me there

didn't receive the email or hear anything from MA about the notice everyone discusses at the moment..😭

Your not alone...I have not received as well

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Tomlfc1992 said:

I haven't received an email regarding assignment of a CO soon. My opinion is that the email was dispatched to a certain date range of applications and maybe some filters applied that sends it to applications under cetain conditions.

Still no news in any case on my front. It's my birthday today so I might call IMMI and ask for the best birthday present ever 😄 😄 

We haven't received this email🤔😞

9 hours ago, Fung said:

Yeh when we opened it we did not really find it needed as well, but now it helps for groceries etc. but every couple organises their finances differently and I am sure that they will understand that. Its probably just some general guidelines on what you can provide. Im sure there are other ways to prove your relationship, wouldn’t worry about it.

16 hours ago, Nandarao said:

Any grant today 

Yes , I got my visa granted yesterday 5/04/2019 .and would like to take this opportunity to thanks all of you who are here to support each other. Grate work by admins and @Hex . Please keep this forum clean & free of hate. There are loads of genuine people here. 

For those who are still waiting just remember ,There is always light after the dark. Never let this darkness consume you save your self for the joys that are waiting for you .

Please see my Sig for details . State NSW , processed by VIC PESE. 

• Congratulations 13