Hi everyone 

I've received an automated email from immigration that my application will be processed,  does anyone knows how long does it takes for an answer after this?

My occupation 

Pastry cook 

Applied nomination and PR on 3/8/18

VIC 

Low risk country 

4 applicants 

Hi 

Regarding the email my wild guess (hope I am 100% wrong, as my MA also received the same), the IMMI team might have just glanced through all the files and could have came across finding that people have not undergone medical for long time or do not have Police check so to reduce the review process time they might have sent this email.

I so think I am wrong and I get a wonder CO to approve my case... Keeping positive with all my fingers crossed.

1 hour ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi 

Regarding the email my wild guess (hope I am 100% wrong, as my MA also received the same), the IMMI team might have just glanced through all the files and could have came across finding that people have not undergone medical for long time or do not have Police check so to reduce the review process time they might have sent this email.

I so think I am wrong and I get a wonder CO to approve my case... Keeping positive with all my fingers crossed.

I`ve done both medical check and police check still received the email in the morning.

42 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi 

I don’t think thi is the reason because as I said my MA received this email even from one person that applied recently with police check and medical check done! 

31 minutes ago, sachin1983 said:

just noticed its and auto message.

Mate I think this is not true.

MA never received an email like this. 

I’m talking not just about my MA, also from other people in this forum that asked their MA..... said the same “first time”.

anyway I think it’s just because they want us spend more money! 

Remember, we are only money for them and nothing else! 

Edited by Andytomas
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, sachin1983 said:

Hi 

Nah mate, I have done both, medicals and police checks,  my MA also said it's an automated email,  hopefully they'll be processing quicker,  I wish luck to all of us 

Hi there,

I am really curious about this email.

My MA already got similar email.

He said that 

"Hi Tiago

See below email – your 186 visa application will be assessed “shortly” (in Departmental language this could mean within a week or within the next 2-3 months)."

The email was sent from nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au

Is someone who got it from same or different sender?

what is suspicious for me is that the email was sent to my MA, however it is not showing in my immi account message box. That is weard.

Thanks in advance.

Edited by Tiago
  • Like 1

Hi all,

My visa granted today. What the best day in my life, after 5 year pain and tears. Finally the day is come. Thank you for all supports from this group. Hope your one is coming soon!!! Be positive always!

• Like 1
  • Congratulations 5

20 minutes ago, yhuan said:

Hi all,

My visa granted today. What the best day in my life, after 5 year pain and tears. Finally the day is come. Thank you for all supports from this group. Hope your one is coming soon!!! Be positive always!

Hi. Congratulations!

Could you please share a little more information by providing your occupation, state, stream(TRT or DE) and timeline(nomination and visa) so that someone could add you in the spreadsheet which could help other people?

Thanks.

Edited by Fung

5 hours ago, Nandarao said:

Hello bro my medical will expire on October that’s fine or should I need another medical 

Don’t you know your medical is valid for 12months mate , some time after 12months 2/3months will  consider by CO it’s depend upon CO 

1 hour ago, Tiago said:

Hi there,

I am really curious about this email.

My MA already got similar email.

He said that 

"Hi Tiago

See below email – your 186 visa application will be assessed “shortly” (in Departmental language this could mean within a week or within the next 2-3 months)."

The email was sent from nsw.pse@homeaffairs.gov.au

Is someone who got it from same or different sender?

what is suspicious for me is that the email was sent to my MA, however it is not showing in my immi account message box. That is weard.

Thanks in advance.

It was sent to my MA too, it's probably because they want to reduce the processing time, giving the applicants a notice to have police checks and medical ready, just before the case officer will assess the application,  I think we just have to wait,  it's something positive anyway. 

• Like 1

department ask medical and police report means they trying  to finish more application according to quota of 2017-2018 before July  that’s why  they want application decision ready instead of incompletely like most 99% MA lodged  incomplete application , after July Quota will be 160000 I think 

Edited by Rhitesh

18 minutes ago, Rhitesh said:

department ask medical and police report means they try to finish as much as application according to quota of 2017-2018 before July  that’s why  they want application decision ready instead of incompletely like most 99% MA did incomplete application , after July Quota will be 160000 I thin

I agree. Especially now it's close to election, and Coalition is in danger of failure. Some of the PR applicants today will likely to become Australian citizens in future. People will remember if the Coalition immi department let them wait for too long and caused them too much unnecessary pain, and they will vote against them in the future. But if the department can approve as many applications as possible within this FY's quota, it will get less complaints, and everyone will be happy.

Edited by Fung
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Rhitesh said:

department ask medical and police report means they trying  to finish more application according to quota of 2017-2018 before July  that’s why  they want application decision ready instead of incompletely like most 99% MA lodged  incomplete application , after July Quota will be 160000 I think 

I believe that immigration wants to approve applications for which the emails were sent this financial year. The rest has to wait for the new quotas from July.

This is just speculation, but very probable scenario. If this is true, it is bad new for me who has not received the email.

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, tocsa said:

I believe that immigration wants to approve applications for which the emails were sent this financial year. The rest has to wait for the new quotas from July.

This is just speculation, but very probable scenario. If this is true, it is bad new for me who has not received the email.

I think it's possible. It's now less than 3 months left for this FY, which is exactly within the range of "shortly" in department's language.

Hi guys,

A silent reader here,

My nomination has been approved after a 12 month waiting for it. However, I didn’t apply for my visa at that time cuz I had many issues with the nomination and my migration agent recommended me to apply for a visa after the nomination was approved. 

A week ago I applied for my new visa and I was checking the waiting period times. It says between 12 and 13 months, but I was wondering if the nomination time is included as well or I will have to wait another year to get an answer from immigration?

Thanks!