16 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

I`m supposing this status is for Nomination. Isn`t it?

@Eva.L Remember that the visa and nomination applications are completely separate in the department's eyes.
This means, if a visa status is changed, it's not related to the nomination. 

- Something on a nomination changes:
-- Nomination application gets updated (typically, you don't have access to this, as it's a company application) - only company / MA would know.
- Something on a visa changes:
-- Visa application gets updated, this is something you can see and have access to. 

7 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Eva.L Remember that the visa and nomination applications are completely separate in the department's eyes.
This means, if a visa status is changed, it's not related to the nomination. 

- Something on a nomination changes:
-- Nomination application gets updated (typically, you don't have access to this, as it's a company application) - only company / MA would know.
- Something on a visa changes:
-- Visa application gets updated, this is something you can see and have access to. 

Yep true Hex, and his nomination has been approved so automatically the status is on the visa.

2 minutes ago, Hex said:

@art Yep, it's there: https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/

😱 Feels like I say this 10 times a day 😱

Let's add it all to our signature 🙂

i.e. 

For Newbies: 
1. Update your Profile: -> https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ or click on your account in the top right -> Account Settings -> Signature
2. The Spreadsheet is here: ENS 186 Timeline - Google Sheets

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Hi All, 

I am an applicant for 186 DE. Application has been lodged on 21/Feb/18 by my MA. Just checked the global processing times couple weeks ago and it shows 13 months . My MA lodged a complaint to the department last week and since that I haven’t heard anything. By the way I am a painters trade worker. Are there any other painters waiting for their visa?. Just wanna get a rough estimate of a processing time. 

Kind Regards 

Hey everyone, I have a newborn here! 🐣🐮Yay, just letting you guys know that once you get your PR and have a newborn or child into your care, you are eligible to apply for Family Tax Benefit Part B. This one does not have a waiting period. You may check more details on DHS (Department of Human Services). It also states on the ENS 186 section on the DHA website.

Congrats to all getting their PRs! And those waiting, hang in there, your time will come. 😁

• Like 3
  • Congratulations 7

Long time silent reader.

I am in shock, I can't believe it's my turn to say I have received my golden email!

We are so excited to be able to put down roots in this wonderful country and contribute to society.

Birth Country: HR

Stream: ENS DE

Number of applications: 4

Nomination and visa applied 24 October 2018

Visa and nomination approved on the 3rd of April 2019

No further documents requested. One day you simply receive an email from your MA saying congrats and that's it, your life is forever changed. I keep checking my vevo app thinking it's not real.

• Congratulations 14

14 minutes ago, Kiwibayer said:

Let's add it all to our signature 🙂

i.e. 

For Newbies: 
1. Update your Profile: -> https://www.pomsinoz.com/settings/signature/ or click on your account in the top right -> Account Settings -> Signature
2. The Spreadsheet is here: ENS 186 Timeline - Google Sheets

@Kiwibayer Not a bad idea but a little extreme in my opinion. 

To add to this suggestion though, and @MaggieMay24, maybe you can help us out here;

Would it be possible to add a link / tag / BIG RED FLASHING button to the top of each thread, worded as "Spreadsheet" or something similar, pointing to the spreadsheet; https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1INy6sxuUIisgLOT7CcskWLjQjHV_6yVvUBRHceWE_a0/edit
- I know it's already there to be found - however, it seems people battle getting to it. This might help alleviate tons of question on the same thing? 

See below, an example of what I mean (slightly exaggerated) 🙂 

image.thumb.png.23ba3861d5ee5be265e51d57e5a1cd5b.png

Thoughts? 

#Updated Edit: Maybe it worded slightly different (like FAQ or something) and include all items of interest (spreadsheet / signature etc.)

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Hi everyone. Just a suggestion. I’m not sure if processing time can be affected by the amount of SAF paid, eg 5000 SAF applications get processed faster than 3000 ones.

Is it OK to add a SAF column to the spreadsheet, and people can share the information if they know how much SAF the company paid. I believe knowing the amount of SAF is much easier and more common than knowing the company’s actual turnover.

2 minutes ago, Fung said:

Hi everyone. Just a suggestion. I’m not sure if processing time can be affected by the amount of SAF paid, eg 5000 SAF applications get processed faster than 3000 ones.

Is it OK to add a SAF column to the spreadsheet, and people can share the information if they know how much SAF the company paid. I believe knowing the amount of SAF is much easier and more common than knowing the company’s actual turnover.

Wasn't it introduced only in August 2018? I think all nominations filed prior to that should have provided training spendings on local (Oz) employees.

Just now, art said:

Wasn't it introduced only in August 2018? I think all nominations filed prior to that should have provided training spendings on local (Oz) employees.

Providing training spending is hard, because that’s directly linked to the company’s payroll. I believe most applicants don’t know their company’s payroll. But SAF amount is easy, it’s just either 3000 or 5000.

1 minute ago, Fung said:

Providing training spending is hard, because that’s directly linked to the company’s payroll. I believe most applicants don’t know their company’s payroll. But SAF amount is easy, it’s just either 3000 or 5000.

How would anyone know this info? Personally, I have no idea...

Just now, Fung said:

I really don't think the spreadsheet needs to be modified to include this - as how do you know it is a priority criteria? Also SAF levy paid by employer not likely that employee will know how much is paid.

• Like 1

Hi All, 

Another silent reader. 

186 DE Nomination & Visa Applied in May'18 

Nominations approved in early Mar'19. Visa Granted in early Apr'19.  State - QLD, Applicants - 2, Occupation - Accountant. 

The forum has been very helpful throughout this period. Good Luck and wish you all the very best. 

Thanks 

Edited by Guest

1 minute ago, art said:

How would anyone know this info? Personally, I have no idea...

Right. Normally no one will tell you if you haven’t asked. But just in case if some people happened to know, and it’s not a secret I think cause it only has 2 options which doesn’t point to any of the company’s financial details.

6 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

I really don't think the spreadsheet needs to be modified to include this - as how do you know it is a priority criteria? Also SAF levy paid by employer not likely that employee will know how much is paid.

I agree. I’m just guessing if it has any impact and there’s no data that I can see. Just ignore my post, since no one has said it’s a factor anyway.

Another quick question regarding the spreadsheet - should I log data according to the nomination date or the application date? I see existing data is not really consistent across the tabs.

Edited by art

7 minutes ago, art said:

Another quick question regarding the spreadsheet - should I log data according to the nomination date or the application date? I see existing data is not really consistent across the tabs.

as per your immi account, I followed the following: 

Nomination Data:                 when you nominated yourself
Visa data:                              when you received the visa grant (i.e. bridging visa grant) from the department, usually via email
nomination grand date:       your MA should tell you that this happened, usually when the department picks up your files for the first time
Visa Grant data:                   when you got your golden email 

7 minutes ago, art said:

Some people just helped to re-organise the data according to nomination date, cause the waiting time starts from the nomination.

5 hours ago, Krl said:

Hi, migration asked some documents on the 14th of March, which were provided on the 21st of March. However visa status is still received. Is anyone at same situation? Is it normal that they didn't change status to further assessment? Thank you

I'm in the same boat, they requested me the documents on the 14th and give them the 21th and the status is still received. Hopefully we aren't going to wait too long, finger crossed

Hi everyone,

I have been deliberating about whether I should share my story here but thought I would in case it could be helpful to someone. I was incredibly fortunate to have my PR granted just a bit over 2 months after applying. I am a University Lecturer (research fellow) under the 186 DE stream.

My application was submitted by my university's migration lawyers on 22nd Jan 2019 and the nomination was surprisingly approved 6 weeks later on 6th Mar 2019. This was when the department asked for further information (health exams). I initially wanted to wait 3-4 months before going for my health exam so that it wouldn't expire before my application was processed - but I really didn't expect them to process my application so quickly. My health exam results were posted to the department on the 14 Mar 2019 and my immi status did not change from 'Received' though I could see that the 'Last updated' date had changed.

And on last Friday 29 Mar 2019 I got my golden email! This was about 15 days after I provided further information and my immi status went straight from 'Received' to 'Finalised'. 

University Lecturer recently got added back to the Medium and Long-term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL) in March 2019 so I'm not sure if this had anything to do with my visa being granted so quickly. This means that university lecturers can now apply without employer sponsorship through the 189 skilled independent visa. However, do note that uni lecturers are exempt from skill assessment if applying for 186, but will need a skills assessment from Vetassess if applying for 189. Vetassess announced in Dec 2018 that they are no longer accepting PhD work as work experience for the skills assessment needed for the 189, so if you're a fresh PhD graduate, applying through 186 will still be your only option.

I hope this was helpful or could give hope to someone. I've been a silent reader all this time and wanted to thank all the people who have put in so much effort in answering all the questions that get asked repeatedly. Good luck everyone.

• Congratulations 10