Hi Guys, My company nomination was approved on 05/12/2017 but I did not hear anything regarding to my visa application. Generally how much time it takes to process visa application?

Company nomination applied: 30 June  2017 - Approved on 05/12/2017

Visa application applied on 15 Sep 2017-  Status: Received.

Skill level: 1

186 DE

45 minutes ago, ManiJay said:

Hi Guys, My company nomination was approved on 05/12/2017 but I did not hear anything regarding to my visa application. Generally how much time it takes to process visa application?

If you trust the spreadsheet it looks like it can be fast, but takes about 1.5 months in average.

Good luck, hope you get it before Xmas, keep us posted!

Guest bradfords
10 hours ago, JonnyP said:

Just wondering, how big is the business that sponsored you? How many employees are there? Are most of them Permanent Residents and/or Australian citizens? I guess this is also influencing on the scrutinity and eye the department is putting into this visas, especially DE one's.

Its a large business, over 30 employees and a mixture of  residents and citizen's. Yes I agree, my employer had 2 transition applications granted just 6 months ago which where applied for at the same time as mine In August 2016. I think that has impacted on my timescale and caused it to be delayed.

5 hours ago, ManiJay said:

Company nomination applied: 30 June  2017 - Approved on 05/12/2017

Visa application applied on 15 Sep 2017-  Status: Received.

Skill level: 1

186 DE

Mine has been over a month now after the nomination approval.

I wouldn't put too much hope now given the festive season, might as well relax and enjoy till early next year.

3 hours ago, pnm59 said:

Maybe nothing has changed..? I hope nothing has changed, I don't see them updating the processing times downwards...

They did update for October downwards for 186 direct entry ,, it got into 6 months for 75 percent applications .. 

Hi all,

I’ve  been a silent reader of this forum since the early days of my 457. 

Got my golden ticket today! What a good Xmas present. I hope everyone gets it soon!

Submitted: 17 August 2017

Approved: 20 December 2017 

Computer Systems and Networks Engineer

Low risk

NSW PESE

Transition - onshore

3 people

Feel free to ask any question

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, cookiemonster said:

Hi all

i called DIBP following up my application and guess what got the approval just now!

Hey congratulations mate. Do you mind sharing some details like what was the date of your application lodging and were you on TRT. or DE. AND OCCUPATION please.  

47 minutes ago, muuumuuu said:

Hi all,

I’ve  been a silent reader of this forum since the early days of my 457. 

Got my golden ticket today! What a good Xmas present. I hope everyone gets it soon!

Submitted: 17 August 2017

Approved: 20 December 2017 

Computer Systems and Networks Engineer

Low risk

NSW PESE

Transition - onshore

3 people

Feel free to ask any question

Congratulations!! It's good to see they are still processing applications, I would of thought they had all finished for the xmas period!

All the best!

59 minutes ago, Rizwan said:

Hey congratulations mate. Do you mind sharing some details like what was the date of your application lodging and were you on TRT. or DE. AND OCCUPATION please.  

Hey mate of course.

My date of application for both nomination and PR visa was lodge through MA on 23rd June 2017. I suspect it could be lodged not until the 25th June 2017 though he told me it's on 23rd June but anyway...

Nomination Approved: 14th November 2017 - we've been asked for health check, police clearance, Form 80 and home country certificate of good conduct.

All documents submitted on 27th November 2017

Approved: 20th December 2017

It was interesting bcoz I was chatting with my colleague ytd regarding PR visa. He told me he gave DIBP a call after 6 months and got it approved straight away within few hours.

So today decided to give it a go and I'm guessing just a random guy picked up the phone (extremely helpful and polite). He went through my application and said shouldn't be too long and it's been 6 days after the 28th day document submission deadline.

And then few hours later my migration agent called me with this good news!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cookiemonster said:

Hey mate of course.

My date of application for both nomination and PR visa was lodge through MA on 23rd June 2017. I suspect it could be lodged not until the 25th June 2017 though he told me it's on 23rd June but anyway...

Nomination Approved: 14th November 2017 - we've been asked for health check, police clearance, Form 80 and home country certificate of good conduct.

It was interesting bcoz I was chatting with my colleague ytd regarding PR visa. He told me he gave DIBP a call after 6 months and got it approved straight away within few hours.

So today decided to give it a go and I'm guessing just a random guy picked up the phone (extremely helpful and polite). He went through my application and said shouldn't be too long and it's been 6 days after the 28th day document submission deadline.

Well thanks for sharing. Congratulations again. Have a great life

• Thanks 1

Hey mate of course.

Congratulations dear
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, parveen said:

I am also planning to call immi tomorrow morning still waiting more than 14 months is it ok to call because my Ma told me don’t call department may be risky suggest me what can I do pls

I skipped through my agent and called DIBP to follow up my application.

When I told my agent I actually called them he was quite surprised - so I’d say go for it, no harm asking how’s your application going. 

Good luck to all