Hi @kirsty160990, yes, my handle here's too long.:err:

I hope we all get our grants and answers soon..or that we at least gain more patience or perhaps, a new perspective - anything to maintain our sanity and peace of mind.

Peace out everyone - hope the site launching tomorrow gives us some much-needed insight.

Edited by Izzielizzie

Hi all,just a question

Can i all also track my application on immi site as only my MA has access to it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes mate, you can track your application by importing it from your immi account by using your Transaction Reference Number (TRN).

I don't think offshore/onshore will make a difference because it might be revealed only after opening a file.

I don't know, I am just trying to understand why some application take 6 months for DE while it can take a lot longer for most of them.

Every time I ask thought, it is always offshore.

I don't know, I am just trying to understand why some application take 6 months for DE while it can take a lot longer for most of them.

Every time I ask thought, it is always offshore.

No idea about previous DE files but I don't think August DE files were opened because none of them have posted any update here.

Hi @Zee14042016, I can relate! Don't even know how I feel most times...somewhere between anxious, resigned, depressed and numb though most days I try to shut down any visa-related thoughts. Getting harder and harder though - it's like massive thunderstorms oppressively weighing over our family.

We're two weeks away from ONE YEAR with no CO, and no communication from IMMI. It doesn't seem like we are even under their radar. We know from this forum that several people from 2015 and early 2016 are still waiting with no explanation - we seem to have been lumped into whatever categories they're under??

Have you heard of the proposed 'visa ban bill' and Migration Amendment (Visa Revalidation and Other Measures) Bill 2016? Basically takes away transparency, and empowers Dutton to cancel visas on the basis of nationality, race, religion, etc. so he'll have similar powers to Trump but WITHOUT the checks and balances the US has.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/mar/01/think-trumps-travel-ban-was-bad-peter-dutton-may-soon-have-the-power-to-play-god

Has anyone spoken to their MA about this at all?

Thanks for sharing the above, it's important to be informed.

Unfortunately, the world is not in a good place at all.

I am from Europe and I grew up with the idea of an open world with freedom of movement.

I am extremely saddened by directions many countries chose to take at the moment whether it's in the U.S., in Europe or anywhere else.

No idea about previous DE files but I don't think August DE files were opened because none of them have posted any update here.

This is true but the applications on this spreadsheet are such a tiny proportion of the total amount of visa being submitted that's is hard to say if it is a trend or just bad luck...

One DE from September got granted already but none for August.

I don't know and we will probably never know anyway.

This is true but the applications on this spreadsheet are such a tiny proportion of the total amount of visa being submitted that's is hard to say if it is a trend or just bad luck...

One DE from September got granted already but none for August.

I don't know and we will probably never know anyway.

No mate, his nomination was lodged in March 2016 and Visa in September. So they have processed his visa along with the nomination.

Yes, it looks like:

- they follow nomination date

- they give priority to Transition

- they give priority to DE (high demand occupations)

- some months they give priority to LH and others to HR.

hope we can see many approvals this week and get more information on the process method on the 14th/15th of March.

Thanks @izzielizzie for the information shared - just not sure if the bill has been approved just yet.

Edited by October 16

Yes, it looks like:

- they follow nomination date

- they give priority to Transition

- they give priority to DE (high demand occupations)

- some months they give priority to LH and others to HR.

hope we can see many approvals this week and get more information on the process method on the 14th/15th of March.

Thanks @izzielizzie for the information shared - just not sure if the bill has been approved just yet.

Hopefully we will have some kind of clarity tomorrow.

Hi All,

We haven't applied for a ENS Visa but looks like we have the green to go through a company.. Before we start everything I want this specific question related to direct entry stream:

My wife has been assessed as positive by VETASSESS under the occupation she have nominated. In the outcome letter of the assessment authority, the numbers of years assessed as positive for Point Test Advice is only 1.8 years out of the 5 yrs experience we claimed in the application. This is because assessment authority used 3 yrs of employment post-qualification to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated occupation.

As most of you know, one of the requirements for the ENS 186 DE stream visa applicant specifies the applicant need a satisfactory skills assessment from an Australian assessing authority which is specified for the nominated occupation and have at least 3 years of work experience in the nominated occupation. So taking into account that the ENS 186 visa is not a Point Test based visa, will any three years of work experience post-qualification satisfy this requirement as a visa applicant for ENS 186 Direct Entry stream? Or will the Department look at the Points Test Advice given by Vetassess in the outcome letter of the skills assessment for the work experience? She has about 5 years work experience in the nominated occupation and this can be demonstrated.

Appreciate your time reading and clarifying this matter to me.

Hi All,

We haven't applied for a ENS Visa but looks like we have the green to go through a company.. Before we start everything I want this specific question related to direct entry stream:

My wife has been assessed as positive by VETASSESS under the occupation she have nominated. In the outcome letter of the assessment authority, the numbers of years assessed as positive for Point Test Advice is only 1.8 years out of the 5 yrs experience we claimed in the application. This is because assessment authority used 3 yrs of employment post-qualification to calculate the qualifying period required to meet the skill level of the nominated occupation.

As most of you know, one of the requirements for the ENS 186 DE stream visa applicant specifies the applicant need a satisfactory skills assessment from an Australian assessing authority which is specified for the nominated occupation and have at least 3 years of work experience in the nominated occupation. So taking into account that the ENS 186 visa is not a Point Test based visa, will any three years of work experience post-qualification satisfy this requirement as a visa applicant for ENS 186 Direct Entry stream? Or will the Department look at the Points Test Advice given by Vetassess in the outcome letter of the skills assessment for the work experience? She has about 5 years work experience in the nominated occupation and this can be demonstrated.

Hi JonnyP, I believe this is a question for your migration agent... I would rather be safe with this kind of scenario.

Hi All, We've applied under the Agreement Stream. Nomination was granted in Nov 16 and Visa submitted Dec 16. All documents uploaded including Police Checks and Medicals. Still showing as received. We are due to move over in October as that's when my husband starts his job. I haven't seen many post on here that are going through the Agreement Stream, is there any?

Hi JonnyP, I believe this is a question for your migration agent... I would rather be safe with this kind of scenario.

Thanks for your answer..

I am expecting any heads up from any of those who have applied under this stream already. Maybe someone can tell me how many years of work experience was specified in their skills assessment outcome letter?

Thanks for your answer..

I am expecting any heads up from any of those who have applied under this stream already. Maybe someone can tell me how many years of work experience was specified in their skills assessment outcome letter?

@JonnyP

I've applied under the DE stream.. your skills assessment is required and I strongly suppose that 3 years experience (minimum and after the date deemed skills) must be recognized by vetassess. The department of immigration may look at it first when reviewing your application. As it's a condition to apply, It might be a risk to apply.

You should definitely talk to an agent and see what he thinks.

Or Can you wait and apply under the transition stream?

All the best in your visa process [emoji4]

Edited by Ozdream1

@JonnyP

I've applied under the DE stream.. your skills assessment is required and I strongly suppose that 3 years experience (minimum and after the date deemed skills) must be recognized by vetassess. The department of immigration may look at it first when reviewing your application. As it's a condition to apply, It might be a risk to apply.

You should definitely talk to an agent and see what he thinks.

Or Can you wait and apply under the transition stream?

All the best in your visa process [emoji4]

@Ozdream1

Thanks a lot for your reply. In fact while I was reading your answer, I received the response from an online Migration Agent who suggest that the Points Test Advice is not relevant to the ENS 186 visa, therefore I should be able to count all relevant work experience post-qualification, regardless of the # years assessed as positive for point test advice by Vetassess in the outcome letter which currently is 1.8 years as they used 3 years of work experience to calculate the qualifying period required for the nominated occupation. This was my concern. Anyways If anyone else can perhaps provide an additional opinion it would be great.

Thanks anyways for reading my posts.

Hi All,

You can apply for ENS 186 DE stream if you have 3 years of relevant experience to the Occupation which you are applying for.

Your skill assessment letter shows your work experience relevant to your Occupation and also the experience which is not relevant to your Occupation.