1 hour ago, Hex said:

This means your child will be citizen  (as we discussed). That's awesome, very happy for you guys, congrats!  

Yes Hex you are really legend you answered lot of questions which is asked personally.

Thanks for clarifying all my questions. I had a good time last night after many years feeling relaxed now.

• Like 2

Hi Guys,

I want to let you know that my nomination is approved.

Nomination/VISA Applied date: 27th, Sep, 2018

Nomination approved date:  1th March, 2019.

VISA: pending

I applied nomination and visa at the same time, however i have not completed police check and body examination. I really should do that earlier as I might have seen visa grant at the same time. Damn.

• Congratulations 9

42 minutes ago, M.rvr said:

Nothing ! been a year now ....I'm emailing my MA to see what's up 

Hi M.rvr

DE processing times at the moment as below, worth mentioning though that not all applications fall into the two categorys.  There are still applicants people still waiting from 2017.  

Processing Time
  • 75% of applications: 12 months
  • 90% of applications: 15 months

54 minutes ago, Aron said:

Hi Guys,

I want to let you know that my nomination is approved.

Nomination/VISA Applied date: 27th, Sep, 2018

Nomination approved date:  1th March, 2019.

VISA: pending

I applied nomination and visa at the same time, however i have not completed police check and body examination. I really should do that earlier as I might have seen visa grant at the same time. Damn.

@Aron is it DE or TRT?

I`m starting to think TRT is being approved quicker than DE. Please correct me if I`m wrong. The company has applied 1 year ago and just on the 4th of February the CO requested updated documents. Still showing as Further Assessment.

3 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

I`m starting to think TRT is being approved quicker than DE. Please correct me if I`m wrong. The company has applied 1 year ago and just on the 4th of February the CO requested updated documents. Still showing as Further Assessment.

Hi Eva.L 

The visa processing times as per Home Affairs website would indicate that...

DE:

Processing Time

TRT:

Processing Time
  • 90% of applications: 13 months

However as we know in this forum really case by case - and above time frames are just indication and not always accurate.

• Like 1

Hi All,

I have been following this forum for awhile and would like to seek some advice from all fellow visa applicants here. I have applied for ENS 186 DE offshore and my nomination was approved in May 2018 and now pending confirmation on my visa approval. Once my visa approved, my nominated employer would need me to report in within 3 months. My question now is: -

1. Once my visa/pr approved if i decided not to work with this employer, what will happen to my visa?

2. Will it be automatically pull back or is there any rules stating that once visa approved i must start work with the nominated employer within a certain time frame?

3. Or once pr approved, i must be in Aus within a time frame or it will be revoked? What if i delay my entry to Aus?

Thanks in advance and sincerely seek clarification and advice from all.

Hi guys, 

This forum helps me a lot to understand the process. MA lodged our applications last April 2018. Nomination approved 26Feb 2019. That's a good sign right? 

I asked the MA if we have CO handling our applications, they said they can't provide that information with us. 

• Congratulations 5

4 minutes ago, Mrv said:

Hi guys, 

This forum helps me a lot to understand the process. MA lodged our applications last April 2018. Nomination approved 26Feb 2019. That's a good sign right? 

I asked the MA if we have CO handling our applications, they said they can't provide that information with us. 

Congrats Mrv,

Can you please update your time line in your signature?

Thanks

9 minutes ago, LULULALA said:

Hi All,

I have been following this forum for awhile and would like to seek some advice from all fellow visa applicants here. I have applied for ENS 186 DE offshore and my nomination was approved in May 2018 and now pending confirmation on my visa approval. Once my visa approved, my nominated employer would need me to report in within 3 months. My question now is: -

1. Once my visa/pr approved if i decided not to work with this employer, what will happen to my visa?

2. Will it be automatically pull back or is there any rules stating that once visa approved i must start work with the nominated employer within a certain time frame?

3. Or once pr approved, i must be in Aus within a time frame or it will be revoked? What if i delay my entry to Aus?

Hi 

1. Well the whole point of this visa is that you work for at least 2 years with that employer or at least intend too.  It is worrying that you have reserves already of working with this employer after they have "invested" in the nomination application for you.  Your visa is granted on the basis that you intend to complete 2 years with that employer - If you applied for the 186 without a genuine intention to work for your employer for the full 2-year period, and it is determined that the application was made with fraudulent or misleading claims, then you are at risk and can lose your 186.

2/3. Unsure however usually offshore visa grants you have to enter by certain period (I think 3 months is correct)

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi 

1. Well the whole point of this visa is that you work for at least 2 years with that employer or at least intend too.  It is worrying that you have reserves already of working with this employer after they have "invested" in the nomination application for you.  Your visa is granted on the basis that you intend to complete 2 years with that employer - If you applied for the 186 without a genuine intention to work for your employer for the full 2-year period, and it is determined that the application was made with fraudulent or misleading claims, then you are at risk and can lose your 186.

2/3. Unsure however usually offshore visa grants you have to enter by certain period (I think 3 months is correct)

I would also add that if you decided to not start work with the Employer - they would be pretty annoyed about it and would call IMMI immediately. This could see your visa cancelled.  

Normally the "2 years" can be hard to enforce - especially if you are already working with the employer and you leave on good terms, say after 6 months - 1 year. However your case is slightly different as you have not started working with them yet. It would be pretty easy to come to the conclusion that you never intended to work with them in the first place and hence your application would be deemed fraudulent.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, Eva.L said:

@Eva.L Take each case on its own merits. 

In your case, I would say its the occupation that is making it a little longer than expected, however, there could well be other aspects at fault here. There could also be absolutely nothing wrong and a case of Immi simpy taking their time (however, this is unlikely). 

2 hours ago, sydneyishuk said:

Hi M.rvr

DE processing times at the moment as below, worth mentioning though that not all applications fall into the two categorys.  There are still applicants people still waiting from 2017.  

Processing Time

Thanks ! 

It's just that a CO requested more info for the nomination. We submitted it and heard nothing since.

I know it's a waiting game but yeah i'm a bit over it...

29 minutes ago, LULULALA said:

Hi All,

Hi!

Please find info regarding your questions. You may also consult the webpage.

Resource: Department of Home Affairs (2019), Employer Nomination Scheme Direct Entry, Website: https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/visas/getting-a-visa/visa-listing/employer-nomination-scheme-186/direct-entry-stream#About Consulted on: 01 march 2019

It states the following:

Your obligations

You and your family members must obey all Australian laws.

We expect that you will work for your nominating employer for at least 2 years.

You agree to begin your employment within 6 months of:

• entry to Australia if you were granted the visa outside Australia
  • the visa grant date if you were granted the visa in Australia

Just got the golden email!!!!

12 months and 1 day since the application went in.

Nomination approved this morning 2 weeks after the dealine for requested docs to be uploaded by.

and the visa was granted at the same time no further documents requested

ive been a long time reader on here.

this has been my 3rd 186 Application and the relief at the moment is hard to comprehend.

this forum has been a great help through it all.

thanks everyone and good luck!

• Congratulations 12

27 minutes ago, LULULALA said:

Hi All,

@LULULALA

1 - Nothing, there is no law that forces you to work with the employer. 
-- However, I can guarantee this would not be a good choice, as all that needs to happen is 1 phone call from the employer, or for Immi to check up and notice you don't work there, implying you never had any intention to work there - which would break the rule required for the visa and hence, you'll have your residency rejected. 

2 -  Again, the visa is granted on the impression that you intent to work for the company, if this is false - then the visa will be granted in error and retracted. 

3 - There is a period where you need to enter, once granted - however, i'm not sure what it is. 

52 minutes ago, Hex said:

@Eva.L Take each case on its own merits. 

In your case, I would say its the occupation that is making it a little longer than expected, however, there could well be other aspects at fault here. There could also be absolutely nothing wrong and a case of Immi simpy taking their time (however, this is unlikely). 

Thanks Hex,

Well the occupation falls in the skills shortage for Australia. The company is small but really good. I`m starting to be worried. Hopefully once the 28 days of the requested additional documents to the company we will hear something. Hope is what keeps us moving but very anxious though.

8 minutes ago, steve 007 said:

Changed from Received to Initial Assessment, what does that mean?

In short - CO assigned. 

Stay tuned for an update - soon! 
- Also: check your application for any "Messages" or update - they could have already requested something (likely)

Edited by Hex
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, steve 007 said:

Changed from Received to Initial Assessment, what does that mean?

CO assigned to your application. Check messages section in Immi account. There might be some additional document request from CO.