190 visa application - current processing time?

ELF1978

6 hours ago, mdonna1975 said:

Hey VeryStormy

You mention being able to see whether a CO has been appointed in the IMMI account?

In my IMMI account is just says 'received' (as it has done for the past 4.5 months ??).

Does the status change if/once the CO is allocated? 

Thanks

donna

It changes when someone bothers to update it. Many people have visas granted or refused and the status still says"received". 

Edited by Nemesis
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I have submitted my application on 21st April and CO assigned on 1st May asked for medical on 6th May and then asked for further documents 6th June I submit required docs on 7th June but no reply yet still waiting.

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

On 16/01/2017 at 22:49, ELF1978 said:

Hello there,

I lodged my 190 visa application on DIBP (via my agent) on 8th November 2016. I then received the request to conduct the medicals and police checks on 27th November. I was also asked to complete form 80 for me and my partner. Medicals (all clear), police checks (all clear) and completed form 80s were submitted online onto Immiaccount on 8th December.

As far as I know, they now have everything they need. I know the DIBP website says the standard processing time is 3 months (which won't be until the start of February), but has anyone submitted their application at around the same time and heard anything yet and/or received the visa grant?

Thank you!

Hi all.. congrats for those who had been approved of their visa :)

ELF1978 , I applied mine at the same day as yours ! They requested some additional docs on the 12/12 but no news up to date now. It's been almost 8 months now. Don't know what's going on. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Our visa application was submitted on June 29th after successful state nomination. How long until a case Officer was allocated? Have our meds booked up in 4 weeks time etc but wondering if any recent 190 applicants can answer my question on allocations etc.

Many thanks 

3 hours ago, matt796 said:

Hi

Our visa application was submitted on June 29th after successful state nomination. How long until a case Officer was allocated? Have our meds booked up in 4 weeks time etc but wondering if any recent 190 applicants can answer my question on allocations etc.

Many thanks 

It was two weeks from lodgement when our CO contacted us. That said, our agent said that was quick. I've read threads that have mentioned waiting for months.

18 minutes ago, KaizerG said:

It was two weeks from lodgement when our CO contacted us. That said, our agent said that was quick. I've read threads that have mentioned waiting for months.

Thanks for the heads up. Our agent says generally appointed within a month and the process shouldn't take too long. Just anxious I guess!

With State Nomination, we've been waiting for months. We lodged our visa in early Feb. Contacted by Case Officer end of June for minor info. The wait continues. The DIBP website has changed the 'waiting time' frames several times since we lodged (each time an increase in average processing times). 

12 minutes ago, mdonna1975 said:

With State Nomination, we've been waiting for months. We lodged our visa in early Feb. Contacted by Case Officer end of June for minor info. The wait continues. The DIBP website has changed the 'waiting time' frames several times since we lodged (each time an increase in average processing times). 

Hi

We have decided to get our meds etc done for the end of August but don't know really how long it will take. We were hoping to have the visas approved (fingers crossed) by the end of January next year. I guess that may not happen.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience of applying for PR 190 Visa whilst in Australia (currently here on a 457). We've applied for state nomination in QLD but when I called the Immigration Dept. here in Queensland the agent was not very helpful and they didn't seem to be able to give me any indication of, well anything really. It was a frustrating conversation - not helped by the fact that this persons first language was not English. I've been offered a better job than the one I'm currently with a sponsor for on my 457, but it does require that I have PR in order to accept. My family and I had already started the process of applying for a 190 but we are still waiting for nomination from the state (they say there is a backlog due to changes in the 457 and no extra capacity to deal with the increase in volume). The time frame has changed a lot since the application for state nomination was lodged, I'm not sure if already having a visa will help to expedite the process or not?

Thanks in advance :-)  

2 hours ago, strayadreams said:

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have experience of applying for PR 190 Visa whilst in Australia (currently here on a 457). We've applied for state nomination in QLD but when I called the Immigration Dept. here in Queensland the agent was not very helpful and they didn't seem to be able to give me any indication of, well anything really. It was a frustrating conversation - not helped by the fact that this persons first language was not English. I've been offered a better job than the one I'm currently with a sponsor for on my 457, but it does require that I have PR in order to accept. My family and I had already started the process of applying for a 190 but we are still waiting for nomination from the state (they say there is a backlog due to changes in the 457 and no extra capacity to deal with the increase in volume). The time frame has changed a lot since the application for state nomination was lodged, I'm not sure if already having a visa will help to expedite the process or not?

Thanks in advance :-)  

I am afraid being on a 457 is unlikely to help in speeding things up much. Then, when you do get state nomination, 190 visas are taking a long time to process and many occupations are not getting invited to apply without high points

• 1 month later...
On 8/9/2017 at 15:32, VERYSTORMY said:

I am afraid being on a 457 is unlikely to help in speeding things up much. Then, when you do get state nomination, 190 visas are taking a long time to process and many occupations are not getting invited to apply without high points

Thanks verystormy, I've got 80 points and our medicals have been cleared as have our police checks, employment history etc. so just waiting now. EOI came back within a few days and then The 190 was lodged with everything front loaded on 27th August so I guess its in the hands of the DIPB now. Fortunately my potential new employers are happy to wait..I've tried to manage their expectations with regards to timelines.

Edited by strayadreams

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I have submitted my application for 190 for QLD along with all docs in one go including PCC, Medical Form 80 and others on 1st Nov 2017 and i am still waiting for any update from IMMI.

My friends who are on 190 said it wont take more than 5-6 weeks but the current processing time is written as 6 months to 10 months on my application in IMMI account.

I am not sure whether CO has been assigned or not it is showing as received only.

Is there anyone who applied at the same time and got anything or any suggestions?

Thanks

3 hours ago, To be on PR said:

Hi All,

I have submitted my application for 190 for QLD along with all docs in one go including PCC, Medical Form 80 and others on 1st Nov 2017 and i am still waiting for any update from IMMI.

My friends who are on 190 said it wont take more than 5-6 weeks but the current processing time is written as 6 months to 10 months on my application in IMMI account.

I am not sure whether CO has been assigned or not it is showing as received only.

Is there anyone who applied at the same time and got anything or any suggestions?

Thanks

Hi, if you’re one of the more fortunate applicants it can go straight to grant without you ever being notified that a case officer has been assigned. Most applications seem to be taking considerably longer than 5-6 weeks though, at the moment 5-6 months is still fairly quick. Have a look at the groups for applications by month, there are still many waiting from the first 6 months of 2017. I hope you’re lucky but I wouldn’t plan on anything until you’ve got your grant because processing times vary. 

4 hours ago, To be on PR said:

Thanks Strayadreams,

My bridging visa says i cannot travel until decision has been made, just wondering in case any travel required to my country how can i do that?

You can’t leave until a decision has been made as this would be in breach of your current conditions, they might not let you back in!

5 hours ago, To be on PR said:

Thanks Strayadreams,

My bridging visa says i cannot travel until decision has been made, just wondering in case any travel required to my country how can i do that?

If you're on a Bridging Visa A, you can simply apply for a Bridging Visa B which allows you to re-enter Australia after traveling overseas.  It's generally not difficult to get a BVB since DIBP is aware of the delayed processing times these days.  You can only apply for a BVB while in Australia though, so don't leave and then try to get one from overseas.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
On 01/05/2017 at 19:53, mdonna1975 said:

Hi peeps

Thought I'd jump in on this thread.....

I'm currently awaiting allocation of a Case Officer.

We lodged the 190 visa application on 5 Feb. We are applying onshore, currently living and working in Melbourne on a 457 (employer sponsored visa). I'm super keen to get permenant residency asap. 

Feels like we've been waiting a long time (nearly 12 weeks) and still no case officer. I suppose there have been a few public holidays here too which may slow things down at DIBP.

Really hoping to hear soon.

Is anyone in a similar position in terms of waiting times?

Best wishes

Donna

On 01/05/2017 at 19:53, mdonna1975 said:

Hi peeps

Thought I'd jump in on this thread.....

I'm currently awaiting allocation of a Case Officer.

We lodged the 190 visa application on 5 Feb. We are applying onshore, currently living and working in Melbourne on a 457 (employer sponsored visa). I'm super keen to get permenant residency asap. 

Feels like we've been waiting a long time (nearly 12 weeks) and still no case officer. I suppose there have been a few public holidays here too which may slow things down at DIBP.

Really hoping to hear soon.

Is anyone in a similar position in terms of waiting times?

Best wishes

Donna

The same here. Loaded my application in Dec 2018  / VIC / onshore and both I and my wife working in Melbourne and still haven't heard anything from the department. all papers and medical submitted

Cheers

Omar