189 Processing ... the wait begins!

Thanks alot mate. Yeah, I have recently been so frustrated and anxious; however, that has all gone now!!
No, I waiting until the CO contacted me and requested them; however, I got CO contact within about two weeks of lodging the visa. Then I got my meds/PCCs done pretty much ASAP. The date of last entry is March 2022.
It really is entirely upto you whether to get them done now or wait until they are requested. Pros and Cons to both. If you get them done now, there is every posibility you get a direct grant; however, if your time conscience (as you have to make an initial visa within a year or meds/PCCs), I would wait until CO requests.

Thanks. I'm slightly concerned we haven't even been assigned a co yet and it's coming up to 7 weeks since lodging application. I know it's just a waiting game but it does fry your brain a bit!
Good luck with it all

Sent from my iPhone using PomsinOz

Citizenship Bill 2017 - Senate Committee report released

The Senate Legal and Constitutional Affairs Committee has released its Report on the Inquiry into the Australian Citizenship Bill 2017.

The Committee has made four recommendations:

Recommendation 1

3.122 That the Government clarify the standard for English-language
competency required for citizenship, noting that the required standard should not be so high as to disqualify from citizenship many Australians who, in the past, and with a more basic competency in the English language, have proven to be valuable members of the Australian community.

Recommendation 2

3.123 That the Government reconsider the imposition of a two-year ban on applications for citizenship following three failed attempts of the citizenship test, and consider other 
arrangements that allow additional tests on a cost-recovery basis that would deter less-genuine applicants.

Recommendation 3

3.124 That the Government consider introducing some form of transitional provisions for those people who held permanent residency visas on or before 20 April 2017 so that the current residency requirements apply to this cohort of citizenship applicants.

Recommendation 4

3.125 That the Senate pass the bill.

The full report is here - http://www.aph.gov.au/…/legc…/CitizenshipBill2017/report.pd

• Like 1

15 hours ago, lhumphreys said:

For anybody who has been approved- once approved did you have to migrate in a certain period of time in order for it to remain valid? Thanks everyone!

Hi, ours was we had to visit within 12 months and then move over within 5 years, but your visa is dated from when you lodged, not from when you receive it, hope this helps

6 hours ago, Kirstyj said:

Hi, ours was we had to visit within 12 months and then move over within 5 years, but your visa is dated from when you lodged, not from when you receive it, hope this helps

Its not from when its lodged. that would be impossible as many visas takle more than a year to process.

Usually the validation date - the date on which you must enter oz - is 12 months from either the medical or the police check, whichever is earlier. 

The visa itself then has the right of mulitple entries for 5 years from the date of the Visa grant. After that you need a RRV or citizenship to elave and re-enter, though if you don't ever travel you can just stay permanently. 

3 minutes ago, Nemesis said:

Its not from when its lodged. that would be impossible as many visas takle more than a year to process.

Usually the validation date - the date on which you must enter oz - is 12 months from either the medical or the police check, whichever is earlier. 

The visa itself then has the right of mulitple entries for 5 years from the date of the Visa grant. After that you need a RRV or citizenship to elave and re-enter, though if you don't ever travel you can just stay permanently. 

Well nemesis we lodged ours in September and when we received it in December it was dated from September 

6 hours ago, Kirstyj said:

Well nemesis we lodged ours in September and when we received it in December it was dated from September 

When did you do the meds and polcie checks? Its usually - though nopt always - dated from them. I've not come acorss one dated from the date of lodgement, unless the meds and pcc were front-loaded. Its not impossible, but very unusual, if only because it would leave the majority of applicants with only a couple of weeks to validate. A lot of visas take more than 12 months to process too!

On 9/12/2017 at 03:41, Nemesis said:

When did you do the meds and polcie checks? Its usually - though nopt always - dated from them. I've not come acorss one dated from the date of lodgement, unless the meds and pcc were front-loaded. Its not impossible, but very unusual, if only because it would leave the majority of applicants with only a couple of weeks to validate. A lot of visas take more than 12 months to process too!

On 9/12/2017 at 09:49, VicViP said:

Hi guys, just an update on my case. I've just got my visa granted today.

Wish you all best of luck on your visa grants!

fun times!

On 9/12/2017 at 03:41, Nemesis said:

hi nemesis, we thought it strange to we lodged 9th sept 2015, had our medicals a month later, received our visa grant 10th dec 2015, then we had to make out 1st entry before august 2016, so to me that makes 9 months, I have attached a copy of our visa notice

Edited by MaggieMay24
Removed images with private information

Hi everyone - just to update people that we had our visa grant today!

Details in my signature (hopefully I've done it right!) - but we applied under Accountant (General) on 11/08/17 with everything front loaded, and got the direct grant today (12/09/17). No way was I expecting it that quickly!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, looks like hopefully things are moving! :)

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, RavenBlue said:

Hi everyone - just to update people that we had our visa grant today!

Details in my signature (hopefully I've done it right!) - but we applied under Accountant (General) on 11/08/17 with everything front loaded, and got the direct grant today (12/09/17). No way was I expecting it that quickly!

Good luck to everyone still waiting, looks like hopefully things are moving! :)

Hey Hun I'm so happy for you! That was amazingly super dooper quick! So when is the big move x 

Thanks @laevans! We had already planned to go on working holiday visas if our PR visas didn't come through in time - so we have flights booked for October 30th!! This just means we have the peace of mind of PR from the very beginning now - and might be able to get better jobs from the off! Its all so real now!! 48 days!!

Have you submitted your visa application yet?

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, RavenBlue said:

Thanks @laevans! We had already planned to go on working holiday visas if our PR visas didn't come through in time - so we have flights booked for October 30th!! This just means we have the peace of mind of PR from the very beginning now - and might be able to get better jobs from the off! Its all so real now!! 48 days!!

Have you submitted your visa application yet?

Oh gosh I'm sooooo jealous!! Good on you chick!! We are

literally finalising our application TODAY before we hit the pay and submit button!!! I'm so ready for it now! So much to sort! It will be a little while before we go though as have business to sell, houses to sell and a baby on way to get over first hehe! 

• Like 1

On 10/09/2017 at 22:04, Kirstyj said:

Thank you so much for the info! While waiting for the visa were you allowed to visit? My partner is Australian and is going to head back before me to get life settled, but if it would possibly take 12 months I'd obviously like to see him during that time (although I'm praying for a quick turn around like yours :) ). Thank you so much for the help!

On 12/07/2017 at 03:39, Dragonflygecko said:

Yes one on another forum nurse who lodged in mid April ? at least they're starting .... 

Hi There!

I'm just getting started with the visa process as a nurse. I'm already registered with AHPRA, but now trying to make the move. I'm confused about which visa to state that I am applying for based off of the descriptions- the 189 stated for NZ citizens, and then I think it was the 487 for skilled migrants. Were you on the 189? If you don't mind I'm going to ask you a few questions since youre a nurse who has already been through the process:

Did you do my health declarations or did you wait for them to request a health check?

Did you do your police report initially and submit it with your application, or did you wait?

For the english language test- did you submit your results directly from the testing center? If so, was it easy to figure out how to do this once registered?

Thank you so much for any and all help! Hoping to have a swift return of everything to be with my partner sooner rather than later!

We had our visa granted yesterday! Was NOT expecting it so quickly......absolutely thrilled!! Application submitted on 28 July, Medicals done on 14th August and final police clearance (we needed 2) submitted on 18 August. 

We logged in on Wed and had not even been assigned a CO yet, then got an email from Agents yesterday morning saying Visa granted etc! 

We were so convinced it would be a long wait that we have done nothing else so far, so now the fun begins trying to figure out the best place to live and when to move etc! 

• Like 5

Hi Guys,

My 189 was granted recently but on the same day i received my new passport as the old one is expiring next month.

My 189 is attached to the old passport and ive updated immigration through myimmiaccount online.

Questions are;

1. does anyone know how long it will take for them to tranfer the grant to the new passport?

2. When i used the update us section online there was no mention of attaching a copy of the new passport? Is that weird? All it asked for was the passport number

Hello everyone, I lodged 189 Visa application on 10th July 2017. My immigration agent told me that Case Officer or his/her team is highly likely to contact me and/or my employer. I need to know if this has happened with everyone here or should I feel as an exception? 

Thanks for your help in advance.