189 Processing ... the wait begins!

Hey guys hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon but just wondered if any 189 management accountants on here? We submitted a 189  EOI on 27th march with only 65 points but updated it Friday to 75 points superior English! Are we likely to her an invite and if so any idea how long?? Anyone else in same boat? Invites seem to be super quiet right now! X

21 minutes ago, laevans said:

My hubbie tried IELTS TWCE and got all 9s and one 7! So he had enough and went for PTE last week! Such a faff and time consuming these exams! I hope you get your results you want ASAP x 

Im borderline getting my superior each time. Very frustrating. Reading 90, Speaking 90, Listening 79, Writing 78, Overall 86. Very expensive and time consuming. Good luck with your application

1 minute ago, woody2709 said:

Im borderline getting my superior each time. Very frustrating. Reading 90, Speaking 90, Listening 79, Writing 78, Overall 86. Very expensive and time consuming. Good luck with your application

Where did your husband get his revision material from for the PTE. Im using e2 language but there is obviously something im still doing wrong in the exam.

Hand on heart he didn't even study for the PTE! He stressed so much and studied his bum off for the IELTS and put so much pressure on himself he kind of looked at test papers and was like stuff it im just going to go give it my all and that's me done and Lady Luck was obviously on his side... for once!! It's all such a money generating scheme x

2 hours ago, woody2709 said:

Got a very similar situation with ya. R81, S90, L78, W80. And that was my first attempt. Got very similar score in my second and third. Finally gave up and used partner skill for additional 5pts.

4 hours ago, laevans said:

Hey guys hope you don't mind me jumping on the bandwagon but just wondered if any 189 management accountants on here? We submitted a 189  EOI on 27th march with only 65 points but updated it Friday to 75 points superior English! Are we likely to her an invite and if so any idea how long?? Anyone else in same boat? Invites seem to be super quiet right now! X

Pretty sure you'll have your invite in the first or second round in July. Since not many submitted above 70pts.

Hi @woody2709 I used e2 language too, although never paid for the full version. I also scoured YouTube for the various sections of the test and tried LOADS of practice tests! Do you have a sense for which part of the writing might be tripping you up? Maybe just concentrate on that as you seem to have the rest of it nailed! Good luck for another attempt, I'm sure you can do it.

14 hours ago, RavenBlue said:

Hi @woody2709 I used e2 language too, although never paid for the full version. I also scoured YouTube for the various sections of the test and tried LOADS of practice tests! Do you have a sense for which part of the writing might be tripping you up? Maybe just concentrate on that as you seem to have the rest of it nailed! Good luck for another attempt, I'm sure you can do it.

I get 90 every time in the reading and speaking, but not 100% which question types are letting me down for the others. Yeah youtube is brilliant, learnt most from on there. Ill keep this chat updated with my progress throughout my visa. Thanks for the support

19 hours ago, VicViP said:

Got a very similar situation with ya. R81, S90, L78, W80. And that was my first attempt. Got very similar score in my second and third. Finally gave up and used partner skill for additional 5pts.

Pretty sure you'll have your invite in the first or second round in July. Since not many submitted above 70pts.

My backup plan was partner visa if my 189 fell through for any reason, but my fiance gave up waiting as its been 6 months since i left aus. Devastated

Hi All , 

I have lodged 189 visa for me and my wife on 13/04/17 a doctor by profession. No progress  . Wonder what the waiting times would be . 

I have submitted all required documents . No case officer allocated . 

Well any one throw some light please ?

Hi All , 

I have lodged 189 visa for me and my wife on 13/04/17 a doctor by profession. No progress  . Wonder what the waiting times would be . 
I have submitted all required documents . No case officer allocated . 

Well any one throw some light please [emoji3]

Are you a GP? How many points you had? Have you submitted form 80? When did u submit all your documents?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

On 05/10/2016 at 22:23, Purplesparkle said:

Hi all,

We have today had our medicals uploaded and no further action needed :cool:. We have uploaded our police check certificates and submitted the additional information that was requested by our CO. So now I guess the wait begins for them to get back to us for more info or if we will get our visa granted :err:. Has anyone else submitted and are waiting to hear back? Here's hoping it isn't too longer wait to find out the outcome!

Purplesparkle x

Hi when did you get your visa granted? Was it long after you submitted? 

Xx

On 19/06/2017 at 09:14, joeh99 said:

In hindsight, I would have submitted all of my documents when I lodged my visa. I defo feel like my case has taken longer. I lodged my visa on 21/03 and finalised medical/PCCs on 15/04. 

Hi I see you scored well in your IELTS! I'm really worried about the reading aspecially the reading when you have to say true, not true or not given! Any tips? Have my test on the 29th July!  

Hope you get your visa very soon

Cheers 

Rach 

Hi @Casey r - I'm a secondary school teacher who holds a First Class history degree, so the pressure was on to pass first time! I suffer from Dyslexia, so I was really concerned about the reading element; however, it wasn't as bad as I had anticipated. The best advice I can give is to do the practice tests over and over again. I did and found the actual test was easier.

All the best! Keep us updated!

Fingers crossed I get my visa ASAP..

• Like 1

On 2017-6-21 at 15:43, pm79 said:

Are you a GP? How many points you had? Have you submitted form 80? When did u submit all your documents?

Sent from my SM-A910F using Tapatalk

Hi I am a Paediatrician . Had 70 points. Yes have submitted my form 80 and all other documents on13/04/17.

Long waiting times.

Hi @joeh99 thanks for replying to me, sorry to ask another question when you do the exam it is on paper isn't it and how strict are they on what you put? What I mean is I've done the online test and for example I put as my answer 'she's working' and it's marked wrong as it says I should have put 'she is working'? Will they really penalise me for that? Thanks 

Edited by Casey r