In A Huge mess Need to talk to a stranger.

Guest Unregistered

As far as I am aware children born to temp visa holders are not automatically Australian citizens. I stand to be corrected but this is as I believe it.

OP says her partner is "from Australia" and his parents live there. What makes you think he isn't an Australian citizen or at least PR? If he is then his child will certainly acquire automatic citizenship.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just didn't want to read and say nothing. I really feel for you. Sending you virtual hugs!

Please please tell his folks you need support. They might be more than happy for you guys to stay living with them with baby therefore not wasting money on rent that could go towards sorting out your visa.

If you want to chat some more privately or just vent send me a pm.

Please take care of yourself and try to de-stress. Starting by telling the in laws, you will feel so much better after that

Xoxo

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is nice that no one has been judgemental on this thread.

These things happen. No one is to blame. It's important now to find a solution.

Some good advice has been offered.

Take some time. Draw up your options. Do a bit more research.

Pick a path. Close your eyes and see how you feel. If you don't feel relieved, pick another path.

Edited by newjez

Guest Unregistered

Im going to write what happened when i went to immigration department on lee street.

Spoke to a expert immigration adviser.

She said because baby daddy is full true blue australian going back generations baby so baby is his dependant and will not affect my WHV.

She told me to concentrate on the baby and stop reading this forum so thank you all and goodbye.

I can stay here until July 22nd 2017 so I we have time to decide what we want to do.

Im going to write what happened when i went to immigration department on lee street.

Spoke to a expert immigration adviser.

She said because baby daddy is full true blue australian going back generations baby so baby is his dependant and will not affect my WHV.

She told me to concentrate on the baby and stop reading this forum so thank you all and goodbye.

I can stay here until July 22nd 2017 so I we have time to decide what we want to do.

Glad you sought advice. Hope it is correct and can give you a way forward. I'd still consult a reputable MARA registered migration agent for a consult to go over what you were told and confirm things.

With regard to forums, sometimes they can be a huge help in various areas of our lives. Not just for visa info. I joined a pregnancy one when I was expecting my baby and found it really good to be able to chat to others going through the same things as me. Given your situation, I hope you are able to find the help and support you need, be it in the real world or online :) Good luck.

Glad you sought advice. Hope it is correct and can give you a way forward. I'd still consult a reputable MARA registered migration agent for a consult to go over what you were told and confirm things.

Unfortunately, what she was told isn't correct.

I'd have thought to qualify as a family they would at least have to show that they ARE a family....such as by getting married, or registering their relationship officially. Likewise to prove that the child is the father's dependent and not the mother's as the rules do seem to say that someone on a WHV may not have a dependent child with them at any time during the life of their WH visa. But I guess as long as the Immigration Expert put everything in writing.....

Guest Unregistered
I'd have thought to qualify as a family they would at least have to show that they ARE a family....such as by getting married, or registering their relationship officially. Likewise to prove that the child is the father's dependent and not the mother's as the rules do seem to say that someone on a WHV may not have a dependent child with them at any time during the life of their WH visa. But I guess as long as the Immigration Expert put everything in writing.....

This was the official Department of Immigration and Border Protection

This was the official Department of Immigration and Border Protection

Who are very well known for getting things wrong. They are there to administer not to adviso on strategy or the ins and outs of various visas.

You cannot have a child with you whilst you are on a WHV.

I would have thought the father would have had to formally adopt considering they have only been together for 2.5 years, and not living together for much of that period. Do they meet the requirements for the definition of de facto?

Mods

Is there any way the original post could be put on the ask an agent thread?

unregistered as a mother I really hope you sort something out, if my daughter/sons partner was in your position I would do anything to help, so please consider telling your partners mother.

Your partner sounds very supportive, but if you were my son's partner I would want to know what was happening so I could take some of the pressure and stress off you both.

Please take care of yourself and the baby.

And by extension mother could not be deported forced to leave baby behind.

I am afraid that is not an extension. Everybody needs a visa to be in in Australia and having a baby does not exempt one from that. Would they be so callous to split a mother and Ne w baby up, I would hope not. But Australian immigration has split up families before and indeed if you have ever read Rachel's story on here you will know that they can be brutal. OP does need to sort out the visa situation.

Edited by Bungo

I would be amazed if they would split up a mother from her baby.

It would never happen.

Maybe a much older child but more likely the mother would be granted the visa to stay.

I think in your example the parents had separated.

Edited by parleycross

http://www.iarc.asn.au/

Consider contacting this organisation ... free migration advice for vulnerable people.

Best regards.

OP, Alan is a very well respected migration agent and I would strongly suggest you take his advice and seek advice from this organisation.

I do have concerns that the info you've been given from the immigration department is incorrect and you could find yourself in more strife if you don't seek a second opinion from elsewhere. Immigration are known, as has been said, to give out incorrect info. You only have the word of a person which may not be correct and therefore you would be misinformed. For your own sake, please seek advice from elsewhere, from the link Alan gave or a MARA registered agent who knows the ins and outs of visas.

Edited by Guest
typo