Britexit I told you so & i knew it!

Keith and Linda

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Be interested to know who here actually got to vote or not. We are registered to and received nothing. The guy i work with received his polling card yesterday, and a number of others have reported not getting anything. I would have thought that 'migrants' outside the UK are by and large more pro migration/freedom of movement than those in the UK. A missed opportunity?

Did you take much of a hit? Half my pension is in cash. That will be going in shares today.

No doubt. The share market is down 3% today.

My super is in 100% Australian Shares.

But I won't be selling anything so I don't think it will matter too much in the long run.

I don't think Brexit will have much affect on Australia really but the whole world will react negatively anyway.

If you have cash buy shares today. I wouldn't sell though as it is probably an overreaction imo.

Netherlands now calling for a referendum according to BBC. The EU project is finished. Then, maybe, we can start again with the principles that were not all bad - a group of similar nations working together.

hopefully 4 main commonwealth countries come together

Just got up and saw the headlines. Surprised but pleased.

No doubt there will be lots of doom -mongering as well, but I think some severely underestimate the spirit of the British people. There are many visionaries, innovators and entrepeneurs who, without the shackles of EU dictates and bureaucracy, will flourish and thrive. Britain has the benefit of many highly skilled, highly trained and hard working individuals whose numbers can now be increased by others from anywhere in the world who have qualities that are needed, rather than just being added to by anyone who is free to come here simply because they are European. The prospects for business are very positive. The UK is surrounded by waters and blessed with swathes of arable land. It will be great to see this used solely for farming instead of being sold to developers and covered with concrete to provide housing for the uncontrollable, ever increasing population. Also, wont it be nice to eventually see supermarket shelves loaded with fresh, home grown, high quality produce instead of the pre-packaged, chemically and heat treated, tasteless specimens that we buy from Europe. There will be initial chaos as expected and some hard work ahead but if the people of Britain pull together, shoulder to shoulder and support their country then it is onwards and upwards. The world is watching.

Today is a good day though I'm not a Brit. This 'Western' Soviet Union Experiment comes to an end ;-) hopefully!!!

The UK was always a successful and thriving nation and this doom and gloom blah blah blah under no circumstances to leave the EU is just to scare campaign in order to brainwash the UK population.

Dutch and French now also wanting a Referendum which is good as well. Seems to be some nations with common sense around like Great Britain.

I wish to witness an end to this Soviet Union Style politics in Brussels.

This is great news. I couldn't be happier for Britain. Now for the re-building of a great nation.

Or rather the dissembling of minor ones. Scotland will be the first to leave, and there is talk of NI trying to rejoin Ireland.

So all we'll have left is Wendgland.

We'll never have a voice again and never be a global power.

Makes trident seem a bit pointless. Who are we trying to kid?

We're now about as important as the Dutch.

Edited by newjez

or from London or the Wirral or for 48% of voters, but that's democracy, sometimes people don't vote the way you want them too, either you embrace democracy or you have a dictatorship.

Just because its democracy, it doesn't mean its the right decision. Anyway, if/when the UK goes down the swanny, at least I'll be watching from a safe distance. Good luck Scotland with getting independence

Or rather the dissembling of minor ones. Scotland will be the first to leave, and there is talk of NI trying to rejoin Ireland.

So all we'll have left is Wendgland.

We'll never have a voice again and never be a global power.

Makes trident seem a bit pointless. Who are we trying to kid?

Northern Island joining the Republic, please, give me a break it's about as likely as the third world war starting or western civilisation ending.

Netherlands now calling for a referendum according to BBC. The EU project is finished. Then, maybe, we can start again with the principles that were not all bad - a group of similar nations working together.

All the far-right parties in Europe are pushing hard for referendums now. It is the best time to be a fascist since the heady days of 1942.