eu referendum update

bunbury61

All large house and apartment construction companies down and property investment funds suspending further withdrawals of funds, I don't know who's buying your stone, is it the government building those new prisons Gove has promised?

I find the denial highly amusing! Anyone connected to the building trade has just voted themselves out of a job. The top five affected industries are below. What industry do the leavers work in? Have you voted yourselves onto the dole queue?

Machinery &

transport equipment

Chemicals

Mineral fuels

Insurance and

financial services

Manufactured goods

Source: HM Revenue & Customs, ONS, Atradius Economic Research

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-immigration-migrants-freedom-of-movement-labour-industries-trade-hit-hardest-a7118856.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/05/will-brexit-strike-a-blow-at-the-uk-auto-industry.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-brexits-impact-on-uk-companies-2016-3

I find the denial highly amusing! Anyone connected to the building trade has just voted themselves out of a job. The top five affected industries are below. What industry do the leavers work in? Have you voted yourselves onto the dole queue?

Machinery &

transport equipment

Chemicals

Mineral fuels

Insurance and

financial services

Manufactured goods

Source: HM Revenue & Customs, ONS, Atradius Economic Research

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/business/news/brexit-latest-immigration-migrants-freedom-of-movement-labour-industries-trade-hit-hardest-a7118856.html

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/07/05/will-brexit-strike-a-blow-at-the-uk-auto-industry.html

http://uk.businessinsider.com/goldman-sachs-brexits-impact-on-uk-companies-2016-3

Our Friends in the UK whom are millionaires from there construction, building, property and, to a small extent, farming business's, voted out, now considering they started out with bank loans, and as a family of 4 in a 1 bed flat, to where they are now, then I would like to think that they are not dim and in fact in the last three months has just bought two new excavators, which suggests (to some any way) that good times are ahead.

Our Friends in the UK whom are millionaires from there construction, building, property and, to a small extent, farming business's, voted out, now considering they started out with bank loans, and as a family of 4 in a 1 bed flat, to where they are now, then I would like to think that they are not dim and in fact in the last three months has just bought two new excavators, which suggests (to some any way) that good times are ahead.

Nope. I think it's absolutely hilarious that a bunch of dumb tradies have just voted themselves out of a job. I'm in the energy sector. My industry is still accessing how this will affect us. Probably put gas prices up quite considerably. Let's hope for a warm winter, or you will all be responsible for all those leaving pensioners freezing to death in their beds. Plus you won't find them till spring as there will be no care workers.

Just glad I work in a recession proof industry. Who knows, maybe I'll buy a bigger house at a knockdown price from your millionaire mates after they have voted themselves into the street. You couldn't make it up. Maybe very stormy should have gotten an a level in How not to be a donut 101!

This is fvcking hilarious!

now they are saying it is not as bad as predicted and the UK could see far greater growth out of europe within a decade....funny how they change predictions so quickly....who knows what will really happen

Who is saying that? Link or retract.

Nice hit! Just got my UK pension..................$869 as opposed to $979 last month! :cry:

These are the good old days Kev. It will only get worse. But at least people can be happy with the principal. Poorer principal, but hey, they should have voted to stay if they were worried about the money.

or you will all be responsible for all those leaving pensioners freezing to death in their beds. Plus you won't find them till spring as there will be no care workers.

:biglaugh:

It's not actually that funny. Already we are looking at massive price rises for gas, and probably electricity too, although there may be savings there in the long run if we move back to fossil fuels.

Edited by newjez

It's not actually that funny. Already we are looking at massive price rises for gas, and probably electricity too, although there may be savings there in the long run if we move back to fossil fuels.

Any links or have you just made it up yet again.

To be fair millionaires rarely lose out if they are clever and hedge their bets, diversify and off-shore assets. Even if they do lose the odd million they are not likely to be on their uppers. Recessions and high inflation always hit the poor harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

What links? the opINIONS of some people, get a life mate, there are just as many who think we will do far better out of the EU

Let's just get this straight. This is you just making up stuff? Basically just you lying. Mate, you take the biscuit. Put up or shutup.

Has there been any effect yet there on the price of petrol at the pump following the sterling devaluation?

Has there been any effect yet there on the price of petrol at the pump following the sterling devaluation?

Not by 10% yet, just a couple of pence. But it's still early days. Not sure how long fuel companies hedge for. Retailers do it for about six months, so we should have the price rises by Xmas.

Edited by newjez

What links? the opINIONS of some people, get a life mate, there are just as many who think we will do far better out of the EU

But at least you'll be alright jack. The lower pound will attract tourists. So you'll be over run by Europeans in the summer if we ever have one, as long as the racist attacks which are apparently up an insignificant amount don't turn them off coming.

Why do all the remain in people call the the people that voted exit ,dumb, racist or xenophobic

is it really sour grapes ? people had a vote and chose to leave time will tell if it was the correct decision.

Argue your point but leave the personnel insults out of it.

Why do all the remain in people call the the people that voted exit ,dumb, racist or xenophobic

is it really sour grapes ? people had a vote and chose to leave time will tell if it was the correct decision.

I'm hoping that I haven't but agree with this sentiment. Those who were for Remain (like me) have now got to move on and deal with the world as it is and not as we would like it to be.

Do you think that someone who just voted themselves out of a job and possibly out of their house is smart?

I'm hoping that I haven't but agree with this sentiment. Those who were for Remain (like me) have now got to move on and deal with the world as it is and not as we would like it to be.

This is a good read.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/business/2016/07/05/the-paradoxes-at-the-heart-of-the-brexit-campaign-make-planning/

I would like to move on, but I do find the whole situation highly amusing. I'm dying to hear about our leaving friends redundancy arrangements.

Edited by newjez

To be fair millionaires rarely lose out if they are clever and hedge their bets, diversify and off-shore assets. Even if they do lose the odd million they are not likely to be on their uppers. Recessions and high inflation always hit the poor harder.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The point was Business related not self preservation.