My travel thread

Quokka2005

So that's my west coast trip over. It was quite a lot quicker than I originally planned. I was traveling with a girl who also didn't have a timescale but then we joined a group of 8 and two of them had flights. I want to do it again one day but this time I'll do it with a driving licence I think. I don't regret not using a tour because they were even more rushed.. 5am starts etc. The biggest screw up of the trip was that I had to miss exmouth :( we made a bit of a planning mistake and then the group were split. We spent extra days in coral bay but it was still annoying. But I researched if I could do it myself and it was just far too hard without a car. So I'll have to redo that trip one day.

The good points were the group were really nice. Sometime I found it a bit much with all the travel plans because it's so hard to keep e everyone happy but at night it was really good. We would cook and have a few drinks. We were a big mix of nationalities too - British, Dutch, German/Italian, French (Canadian), Swiss and Irish. So it was fun learning new words etc.

I coped with the camping better than I thought other than the first night. But then nearer the end we stayed in paid campsites. Karijini park was very nice, so was coral bay. I liked kalbarri too. I'm missing the heat haha. When I got back to Perth I was like what have I done :laugh:

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah It was good. I got a bit worked up about missing a few things Just forced myself to focus on the good stuff. Like I got see the pink lake which I hadn't planned to. We got to see some amazing sunsets at the beach. We stayed a place in kalbarri called big river ranch and we mixed with one of the tour groups. I don't think I would have liked being on one.

I honestly haven't a clue what to do now. I can't afford to stay in Australia for 3 months unless I work a good chunk of it but I really don't want to spend the rest of my visa somewhere really remote. I'm half tempted to just take the money I've got left and and spend a few days Thailand but I'm going to think about it tomorrow

Yeah It was good. I got a bit worked up about missing a few things Just forced myself to focus on the good stuff. Like I got see the pink lake which I hadn't planned to. We got to see some amazing sunsets at the beach. We stayed a place in kalbarri called big river ranch and we mixed with one of the tour groups. I don't think I would have liked being on one.

I honestly haven't a clue what to do now. I can't afford to stay in Australia for 3 months unless I work a good chunk of it but I really don't want to spend the rest of my visa somewhere really remote. I'm half tempted to just take the money I've got left and and spend a few days Thailand but I'm going to think about it tomorrow

I can imagine it being annoying missing things you want to see. I guess thats the pain with travelling with others but also like you said you managed to see things you would not have otherwise seen.

If your staying in a city it could maybe be worth seeing if there are any temping agency for a month or two work? Nothing wrong with not wanting to work remote again as you have done that a couple of times already. Totally your decision if you see work in a location you dont mind being in, I guess you could attempt to save up a little more and possibly see a few more things. Otherwise Thailand on your way home sounds fun too. Wow 9 months already where has the time gone?!

Yeah it was the downside of such a big group but I think me another girl were the only ones who can't drive so I couldn't really say too much when I wasn't sharing the load.

Yeah I already know a few agencies. I don't even know where to go. I liked Adelaide so I'd go back there if there was work. Other than that not sure where else

Yeah it was the downside of such a big group but I think me another girl were the only ones who can't drive so I couldn't really say too much when I wasn't sharing the load.

Yeah I already know a few agencies. I don't even know where to go. I liked Adelaide so I'd go back there if there was work. Other than that not sure where else

The telstra call centre in the city are recruiting, I can send post the details if you want, or Sugarman are looking for care workers in Perth

Thanks I'll take a look at that! I'm not sure of sugarman was the one at wanted svq' s and driving licence but I can double check. Cheers!

Due to business growth we are recruiting now for Outbound Business Sales Consultant – Telstra

- Full time hours Mon-Fri 7.30 4pm

- Convenient Call Centre Office located in West Perth in between 2 stations

- Opportunities to earn and career progression available for the right candidates

- 2 weeks training by Telstra on site.

To be considered you must have the following:-

- Previous full time work history for over 6months+ (can be retail)

- 2 x Professional reference check details

- Valid ID

2nd year holiday working visa will be considered but must have done regional work

To be considered for this exciting Business role please call 0419938329

Or email cv to wa.recruitment@tsagroup.com.au

Cat Barrowman

WA State Recruiter – All Channels

M: 0419938329

W: tsagroup.com.au

Due to business growth we are recruiting now for Outbound Business Sales Consultant – Telstra

- Full time hours Mon-Fri 7.30 4pm

- Convenient Call Centre Office located in West Perth in between 2 stations

- Opportunities to earn and career progression available for the right candidates

- 2 weeks training by Telstra on site.

To be considered you must have the following:-

- Previous full time work history for over 6months+ (can be retail)

- 2 x Professional reference check details

- Valid ID

2nd year holiday working visa will be considered but must have done regional work

To be considered for this exciting Business role please call 0419938329

Or email cv to wa.recruitment@tsagroup.com.au

Cat Barrowman

WA State Recruiter – All Channels

M: 0419938329

W: tsagroup.com.au

Thank you for sharing that. No doubt someone will get a lead from it.

B

Have you really missed so much? Exmouth is hardly worth worrying about too much. At least you stayed Coral Bay. The options seem straight forward. A job in Perth or take that flight to Thailand and get blown away by South East Asia in the next week.

How's your cooking? http://au.indeed.com/viewjob?from=appsharedroid&jk=116883a22bfd2299

Temporary Cook - Commonwealth Hill Station, NW Pastoral SA

Jumbuck Pastoral - Adelaide SA

Temporary

[TABLE]

[TR]

[TD=class: snip]Jumbuck Pastoral are looking for a temporary Station Cook for 2 - 3 weeks on our Commonwealth Hill Sheep Station, roughly 7 hours drive north west of Adelaide. Your responsibility will be to ensure 3 meals a day for a crew of 15 and a fully outfitted kitchen and all cooking equipment is provided.

This position is available for an immediate start with accommodation available and would suit someone who has worked on stations and looking for a short stint, or alternatively someone who is looking for an introduction to living and working in outback Australia on a large station!

We have enjoyed an excellent season of rainfall in the area so it is also a wonderful opportunity to see the outback in bloom!

Job Type: Temporary

[/TD]

[/TR]

[/TABLE]

Cooking isn't difficult. Everybody needs to know it. I knew a guy decades ago from Kent, the worse cook imaginable, in fact not much good at anything noticeable, I think that's why they put him in the kitchen, cook for years up north of WA, and made a bomb.

He must gave improved. I can't imagine anybody putting up with a rubbish meal at the end of a hard days work. I've known folk who have spent time up north also and out on cattle stations as cooks but they at least were able to provide a decent meal for the workers. The workers don't want anything fancy just good home cooked food and plenty of it.

I just wouldn't be able to cook for that amount of people, i get stressed really easily in kitchens lol. So theres no point going somewhere remote when i know im not capable. Being realistic rather than negative.

There doesnt seem to be a great deal jobwise in perth so far so i might end up just taking another country job if im going to stay the rest of my visa

I just wouldn't be able to cook for that amount of people, i get stressed really easily in kitchens lol. So theres no point going somewhere remote when i know im not capable. Being realistic rather than negative.

There doesnt seem to be a great deal jobwise in perth so far so i might end up just taking another country job if im going to stay the rest of my visa

if you said what sort of work are you able & also willing to do people living in perth might know of something you could apply for.

Try the coffee outlets Stacey. I know the local one has a lot of backpackers work there. Weather will be getting better soon (thank God) so they'll be getting busier.

if you said what sort of work are you able & also willing to do people living in perth might know of something you could apply for.

I thought I had. I'm looking for hospitality and retail. I'd do call centre if it didn't require experience. I'm also looking at au pair jobs because my friends love their jobs but I wouldn't save much

if you dont have many skills why not au pair somewhere you want to spend some time in. you wont make loads of money but can look around in your free time & still see different things. the family i worked for took me loads of places & some of their friends did as well. if you base yourself somewhere you like it could be a lovely way to finish off your trip.