Migration reducing

VERYSTORMY

I would be very surprised if the Government is trying to slow down migration to be honest.

They've lowered the ceiling on all visa applications therefore reducing the numbers accepted. What else would you call it. Ask the people on here that have just had their 175 & 176 visas thrown back and not processed. Plus all the family visas ceased.

They've lowered the ceiling on all visa applications therefore reducing the numbers accepted. What else would you call it. Ask the people on here that have just had their 175 & 176 visas thrown back and not processed. Plus all the family visas ceased.

Are you saying the total number of migrants is being reduced ?

Not sure we would have come if it was like this at the time we emigrated. Very hard for people now, it is a shame. I think there is still work to be had, though, judging by the number of people coming into Victoria.

I must say, I was surprised to notice the difference in the job market in the South of England compared to Sydney. Almost everywhere we've visited, from Exeter across the country to Tunbridge Wells, I'm seeing signs in shop windows advertising vacancies for shop assistants, hairdressers, chefs, bank tellers etc etc. Of course you see those posts in shop windows in Sydney too, but they are far far more frequent here. It suggests the job market is pretty lively.

I must say, I was surprised to notice the difference in the job market in the South of England compared to Sydney. Almost everywhere we've visited, from Exeter across the country to Tunbridge Wells, I'm seeing signs in shop windows advertising vacancies for shop assistants, hairdressers, chefs, bank tellers etc etc. Of course you see those posts in shop windows in Sydney too, but they are far far more frequent here. It suggests the job market is pretty lively.

Yes, same up here in the country lol.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-09-22/housing-boom-has-peaked-recession-risk-mounts-morgan-stanley/6796230http:

70,000 short of the predicted official intake is a large number for the country as they need all these migrants too keep the economy going.

That link isn't working. So yes they have actually fallen short rather than reduced the overall numbers.

Archived