Thousands of illegals trying to storm the UK border to cross into Britain.

Parley

I do find it interesting that the Tories are using this episode to cut benefits in general. It's almost as if they hired a load of buses and shipped the immigrants to Calais, and then told them the first to make it through the tunnel gets £10000 and a free house.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

The Tories are cutting an overblown benefit budget, as part of those cuts they want to limit the benefits migrants get. I'm not sure what you mean by using this to cut benefits in general ?

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As on the previous two mornings, I had been waiting for migrants arriving on the Greek island of Kos from nearby Turkey. At about dawn, the boats started arriving. As a freelance photographer, I had been assigned by the New York Times to produce visuals for a story on the migrant crisis. This boat was not much different from the many others that had come over in the last few weeks.

So they left Turkey and sailed to Greece.

• Since the Syrian crisis began in 2011, Turkey - estimated to host over one million Syrians - has maintained an emergency response of a consistently high standard and declared a temporary protection regime, ensuring non-refoulement and assistance in 22 camps, where an estimated 217,000 people are staying. Turkey is currently constructing two additional camps.

So if we see one sad and emotional picture of someone who has put his small kids in that dangerous position, we should change a whole country's stance on illegal immigration?

Yes. Britain hould have a sensible policy that is part of an overall European contribution largely created by outside interference into that regions politics.

I certainly remember lead levels being read along busy London roads twenty five years ago . One could taste the pollution. Must be so much worse today with increased traffic. Especially in summer.

Strange you mention that ...iam sure I heard on the radio yesterday ...otters returning...and seals spotted on the Thames.

In relation to the traffic ,I should imagine the congestion charge has helped.

Congested or pulluted ,still one of the great cities..so much to see and do ,steeped in history ,so lucky to have it on my doorstep

Strange you mention that ...iam sure I heard on the radio yesterday ...otters returning...and seals spotted on the Thames.

In relation to the traffic ,I should imagine the congestion charge has helped.

Congested or pulluted ,still one of the great cities..so much to see and do ,steeped in history ,so lucky to have it on my doorstep

Totally agree as with the rest of Europe within striking distance.