Partner Visa update and advice ?

Liamshikari

Hey guys,

firstly this forum has been the most helpful tool during my application process.

i applied in December for my partner visa. It currently states that my application is in assessment. Good indication of it moving along quickly?

Anyway I wanted to once again submit to you guys my evidence and what we will also be submitting for evidence so you could give me feedback whether you think its decent and what else we could add.

My statement

Partners statement

Proof of address while living in Melbourne together

Board payments to partners mother while living in Melbourne

Joint Lease of our apartment in Canberra

Utility invoices (not joint, but explained that we each pay certain ones)

Stat dec from 2 close friends

stat dec from 2 of his family members

statement from my father

Phone evidence of our times apart

Various flights together

various accommodations together

Money transfers between the two of us

furnishings purchased from the both of us for our home.

Wedding invites addressed to the both of us

my superannuation stating my partner as beneficiary

Cards addressed to us during the holidays

Civil partnership certificate

Nature of household statement

future plan statement

Photos of us with family, friends and at social events

Still to upload.

Our joint credit card

joint health insurance

copy of gym membership with the same gym

Is there anything else you think I need to add? Is what i have already supplied a decent amount of valid evidence?

It's been almost 8 months since we applied so I think I am starting to get a bit ancy haha

Thanks guys

Liam

an update on everything

That sounds like more evidence that what my partner and I supplied and ours took 9 months but we applied offshore. Oh yeah and our case officer asked for more information within 2 months of receiving our application - she didn't think we had included our passport page copies, she quickly wrote back once she found them. So if you haven't heard anything, it's probably a good thing! Good luck with it!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks guys!

Nemesis Im not angry at all, being ancy isn't being angry in the slightest and i am well aware and happy to wait 'like the rest of you'. Your response seemed angry tbh.

Anyway thank you to the rest of you, it's always good to get some feedback and hear others stories etc !

Also, I have read recently that they mostly look at the evidence you have before you apply. I think that is a tad silly in the sense that my partner and I didn't have a joint credit card or joint health insurance until after the application. which I don't think should be discredited you know? but it is the system I suppose

It would be difficult for them to check what you've got, after you've submitted your application as the bulk of the evidence should be uploaded with the application forms - ie, they can't look at what they don't know.

We can pick holes in the process all day, but we either comply with their guidance and hopefully get a visa at the end of it, or we don't, and no visa for us. Ours is not to wonder why... :)

I am not picking holes by any means but what I suppose I am getting at is, why have the option to upload evidence if it isn't going to effect my application after the initial upload. Also not everyones application is so cut and dry and things take time to come together. I have complete faith in the process but what I don't fully get is being advised by some to upload continously (important evidence) yet others say its what it is when you initially upload. That to me sounds ridiculous. thats all

and while I have 100% complied with them, it doesn't state anywhere in their official guides to not upload evidence after the fact. Saying we either get one or we don't isn't particularly helpful as its peoples lives you know? I am not having a go at all, I just find it strange.

and while I have 100% complied with them, it doesn't state anywhere in their official guides to not upload evidence after the fact. Saying we either get one or we don't isn't particularly helpful as its peoples lives you know? I am not having a go at all, I just find it strange.

I'm not trying to offer help. I am merely being honest and open with my thoughts on the process, given that I've been involved with it (on & off) for more than two years now.

As @Que Sera, Sera quite right says, our personal situation and experience varies from case to case.

Good luck with the rest of your application.

The only things I uploaded after I made my original application with all the supporting documents, were my police and medical checks. Hasn't ever occurred to me to carry on uploading evidence. I think if your application is strong enough, what you up loaded at the beginning is sufficient, unless A) Your CO asks for further evidence or B) You are waiting on documents.

I remember reading in the Partner Migration booklet that your application should be as complete as possible when you lodge your application.

"If you do not provide all the necessary documents, the department may make a decision based on the information you have provided. It is therefore in your interests to support your Partner Visa application with as much information as possible at the time you lodge your application."

This would suggest that any info uploaded after lodgement (unless requested) may not get looked at.

Good luck!

Hi liam,

When we applied for partner visa in 2013, we followed partner visa booklet and provide evidences like bank statements etc. But then in 2014, I started to look into diff migration forum and realised my evidences may not be sufficient. We did not explained in detsils about our relationship in the statements. So we decided to submit more evidences in all 4 catagories along with statement from me and my partner. I believe evidences we submitted helped in the process. It is better to submit enough rather than regretting. I remembered immi staff told me that they will consider my new evidences as my file was not allocated to CO yet.

Thanks guys!

Nemesis Im not angry at all, being ancy isn't being angry in the slightest and i am well aware and happy to wait 'like the rest of you'. Your response seemed angry tbh.

Anyway thank you to the rest of you, it's always good to get some feedback and hear others stories etc !

Fair enough, I have never heard of the word ancy so assumed you meant angry as I couldn't think what you could mean! Wbat does ancy mean?

Not sure why you think I sound angry, I'm a bit bored with waiting for my husband's PR to be granted but I'm far too old and tired to get angry about stuff I can't change!

Archived