Findings so far of being in the UK

Johndoe

I thought of doing some googling and helping you avoid the rip offs but CBA, just forget about the penny pinching for 5 mins and enjoy your trip, the weather is glorious - get out there and enjoy it (remember slip slap slop).

Not penny pinching hence the waitrose shop. Just keeping the folk in touch with prices as I find 'em and I;m afraid it's too late for the slip slop slap for the boys................I'm a terrible dad but at least they should learn something :-)

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's visitors who do not know how they work that are the problem, to good drivers they are not a problem, just be confident and learn how to use them Linda you will find they are easy

I (Keith that is, Linda did not drive but she did notice the change too) there cannot be that many visitors driving on the roads, it was just something in general about the use of roundabouts, and I am talking about bog standard roundabouts, not mini dots in the road one or the traffic lighted ones, just your original type roundabouts. I drove from south coast to Yorkshire, and from Cornwall to Kent and got similar experiences.

I (Keith that is, Linda did not drive but she did notice the change too) there cannot be that many visitors driving on the roads, it was just something in general about the use of roundabouts, and I am talking about bog standard roundabouts, not mini dots in the road one or the traffic lighted ones, just your original type roundabouts. I drove from south coast to Yorkshire, and from Cornwall to Kent and got similar experiences.

maybe it was just you in the wrong lane, i have never had a problem with roundabouts

We drove from Nottingham to Blackpool last Wednesday afternoon and had to avoid 3 'near misses' thanks to other incompetent drivers cutting lanes or slamming their breaks on and we saw 2 major crashes. On the way home on Saturday lunchtime only 1 'near miss' but again 2 major crashes. We had only done a 2 1/2 hour drive. Is it like that in Australia?

I think you better keep of the road, your a jinx!:wink::laugh:

Even roundabouts get so busy that they have to install traffic lights on some of them, particulary at peak periods, and it can be scary to negotiate a multi-laned roundabout. Of course, roundabouts don't work as well in Australia because the concept of 'giving way' to anybody is alien!

Sausages

OK but actually, the bacon IS crap, at least the tesco stuff is. Supposed to be smoked but hardly a whiff of it, and done under the grill, it was swimming in white gunge before it cooked. It looked and tasted like it had been boiled!

If the customer buys meat by weight, its worth the seller making it as heavy as possible.

Just add water.

Smoked, brined, salted and other processed products are the worst.

Water can be purchased by the company for micro pence and sold at £8 per kilo.

And if the label says it has water, its perfectly legal.........

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/dec/06/chicken-tumbling-water-industrial-practice-additives

Have you been to Weston-super-Mare yet Kev? We went in October and were really pleasantly surprised. When we left 5 years ago it had become very run down and was known for its drugs problems but now it's been completely turned around, looks like a Mediterranean holiday resort. Go while the weathers lovely .

Even roundabouts get so busy that they have to install traffic lights on some of them, particulary at peak periods, and it can be scary to negotiate a multi-laned roundabout. Of course, roundabouts don't work as well in Australia because the concept of 'giving way' to anybody is alien!

OK lets get this straight in my first post on this I thought it was pretty clear that I was making an observation on how other road users seem to be dealing with roundabouts these days, I noticed a distinct difference on my last trip than on any previous trip over the last few years. I HAVE NO, REPEAT NO, PROBLEM WITH OR FEAR OF USING ROUNDABOUTS!

Roundabouts with traffic lights are not roundabouts anymore, they are controlled junctions. I have no problem with multi lane roundabouts at peak or non peak times, the 1st principles of roundabout use apply or as lane managed as signed on the road, in fact I have no problem with any roundabout I have used the 'magic roundabout' in Swindon many a time, and if you can manage that then you become roundabout King.

Like your last sentence though:laugh:

OK lets get this straight in my first post on this I thought it was pretty clear that I was making an observation on how other road users seem to be dealing with roundabouts these days, I noticed a distinct difference on my last trip than on any previous trip over the last few years. I HAVE NO, REPEAT NO, PROBLEM WITH OR FEAR OF USING ROUNDABOUTS!

Roundabouts with traffic lights are not roundabouts anymore, they are controlled junctions. I have no problem with multi lane roundabouts at peak or non peak times, the 1st principles of roundabout use apply or as lane managed as signed on the road, in fact I have no problem with any roundabout I have used the 'magic roundabout' in Swindon many a time, and if you can manage that then you become roundabout King.

Like your last sentence though:laugh:

That roundabout(s) was clearly dreamt up by someone with an amazing sense of humour.

That roundabout(s) was clearly dreamt up by someone with an amazing sense of humour.

By a man then? as they are the ones with a sense of humour:tongue:.

For those that have not experienced the 'magic roundabout' then get it up on goolge maps and look at it on both map & satellite views. It is near the Swindon Town football ground.

This may help you next time you come

hc_rule_185_follow_the_correct_procedure_at_roundabouts.jpg

load more here

https://www.gov.uk/using-the-road-159-to-203/roundabouts-184-to-190

feel the round about ... be the roundabout..

If the customer buys meat by weight, its worth the seller making it as heavy as possible.

Just add water.

Smoked, brined, salted and other processed products are the worst.

Water can be purchased by the company for micro pence and sold at £8 per kilo.

And if the label says it has water, its perfectly legal.........

http://www.theguardian.com/environment/2013/dec/06/chicken-tumbling-water-industrial-practice-additives

a common practice all over the world.

Answer= check the label

:yes:

a common practice all over the world.

Answer= check the label

:yes:

To answer part 1 of your quote = generally major retailers, find a good butcher, support local, and you will rarely have an issue.

To answer part 2 of your quote = That was in the link I attached. No prize for second. Keep up, sweetcheeks!

To answer part 1 of your quote = generally major retailers, find a good butcher, support local, and you will rarely have an issue.

To answer part 2 of your quote = That was in the link I attached. No prize for second. Keep up, sweetcheeks!

I think you misread it. I wasn't asking a question.

Must try harder :wubclub: