Brisbane Area: British Eateries!!

rattatoile

Calling all Brisbane-ites!

Just want to know what Takeaways & Restaurants you all visit in Brisbane. Cuisines that taste like what you had back home!

Obviously Chumley Warners over in Bayside is the chippy, but what about Indian / Chinese food?

Would be interesting to know for when you want to sample "tastes from back in the UK". We've also been to the pub down mount Tamborine way for our draught beer & Sunday lunch!

You never know, you could end up sharing a restaurant in the future with fellow members!!!

Have been there on a previous visit many years ago! Didn't know they did frozen though!

Have been to paprika on more recent trips and dos prefer it to be honest!

Chinese is the one missing really. All our Pom friends can't seem to find any decent English style Chinese!

Thanks for some of the replies!

Because everyone is different, to reply to some of the less helpful!!

Me and the wife loved our Chinese takeaways on a Saturday, and now and again we'd love to have one over here!!

Chicken chow mein, crispy beef, curry sauce - mmmm! Would love for someone to have found a Chinese (takeaway or sit in) that would resemble the British style Chinese!

Spice Avenue is good but I have been having the best takeaway curry's from a place in Hendra called Sizzling Tandoor, so gone have the drives out to Birkdale.

Also I much prefer the asian takeaway's here to back home.

Saying that there is a British/Irish chippy in Windsor but again I prefer my local Aussie one these days

Thanks for the Sizzling Tandoor tip, about 5 mins from us and not very keen on the curry restaurant on Racecourse Road.

Simon

It's a recent find. Not much to look at and pretty average inside but great curry's I've had so far.

if you order on eatnow.com.au or http://www.menulog.com.au you can get 20% off your first order there too so cheap to give it a try too.

Is racecourse road one that Chilli's? I enjoyed it the first time but then had a terrible curry the 2nd time and haven't been back.

• 1 month later...

Sat here typing with a full stomach after our first take out from the Sizzling Tandoor. All nice, not quite genuine Indian (very rare to get even in UK but Tunbridge Wells had one) but good meal and amazing value. We will go back I'm sure but next time we won't make the mistake of ordering 4x popadoms..... Ended up 4x4 as 4 in each with 1 meaning a pack of 4!!

Everything ng clean in there plus lovely staff.

S

We found a great Chinese in Manly/Wynnum. Quite a few good curry houses too (now I'm over the fact that a madras is very different to a UK madras!) I find there is lots of choice is you are having a takeout or fancy a trip to a restaurant.

Sat here typing with a full stomach after our first take out from the Sizzling Tandoor. All nice, not quite genuine Indian (very rare to get even in UK but Tunbridge Wells had one) but good meal and amazing value. We will go back I'm sure but next time we won't make the mistake of ordering 4x popadoms..... Ended up 4x4 as 4 in each with 1 meaning a pack of 4!!

Everything ng clean in there plus lovely staff.

S

Glad you enjoyed I had another great curry from there last week

While we're on the subject, can anyone recommend a decent British-style fish and chip shop in Melbourne, somewhere that does proper fresh chips, mushy peas and gravy?

Spice ave is my favourite ..I have chicken tikka massala ....and he makes it me with a bit extra of sweet chilli and gets it me to perfection ....and when my hubbie was here we went every weekend sometimes twice lol ....and it's not just that they are a lovely lovely family ...they make time for you ! And I wouldn't go anywhere else for my curry ! I'm a bit naffed off because he's in uk lol I do fetch a takeaway on me Billy . Look at this for a nan theve posted on fb ...only in uk ....lol [ATTACH=CONFIG]29344[/ATTACH] Jammie buggas !

Spice ave is my favourite ..I have chicken tikka massala ....and he makes it me with a bit extra of sweet chilli and gets it me to perfection ....and when my hubbie was here we went every weekend sometimes twice lol ....and it's not just that they are a lovely lovely family ...they make time for you ! And I wouldn't go anywhere else for my curry ! I'm a bit naffed off because he's in uk lol I do fetch a takeaway on me Billy . Look at this for a nan theve posted on fb ...only in uk ....lol [ATTACH=CONFIG]29344[/ATTACH] Jammie buggas !

Not only in UK, we went to Delhi a number of years ago to see my youngest brother who was living there for a couple of years. If you order a family naan then something large enough to feed a small army turns up, about 4x the size of the picture. Seriously you have never had curry as nice as in India, North or South.

S

Archived