Stay away from WA, it's not for you....

HappyHeart

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You havnt been to Rotto HH....shame on you.

my daughter quokka selfie the other week

[ATTACH=CONFIG]28127[/ATTACH]

I wanted her to take it Home

Haha...aaaaah that's awesome!! Too cute....tell me where you stayed and how you got there etc...I need some tips...been on the to do list for ages....it's leaving the dog though too...long day I presume

I Didnt go that time...but been before and its ace. Of course you can stay.

but we've just done it as a day trip.

hire a bike, its lovely cycling round, no cars on the island.

Little Salmon Bay is my fav.

The pub is great for a drink and a meal

this little one tried to climb my leg when we were there the other week, she had her baby with her which was the ultimate in cuteness :cute:

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 15.53.45.jpg

We went as a day trip and loved it - took the early ferry from Hilary's and spent the day there. We couldn't get the bikes as OH's back was playing up but there's a bus which goes round the whole island which was good. Amazing beaches and the colour of the water was so beautiful, would definitely recommend it

Screen Shot 2015-01-09 at 15.53.45.jpg

Rottenest is one of my most favourite places on earth - a day trip is okay but to really appreciate it you do need to stay. There is a full range of accommodation costs and yes @scottish Stacey there is a hostel.

I can't believe you haven't been @Happy Heart put that right this summer even if it is only a day trip.

(Now humming the 'Quokka poo on my shoe' song my son and his friends made up!)

Quick tip, try to get morning ferries there and back as the Freo Doctor can make afternoon ones rather stomach churning and definitely take sea sickness tablets even if you are normally a good sailor.

Oooh if there's a hostel I'll go there for longer than a day. Do many people go in September or do they find it too cold?

September would be fine

http://www.rottnestfastferries.com.au/packages/backpacker-accommodation/

Wow, that's not cheap!

We paid £750 for a week (mon - fri) including ferry, accommodation and food.

Edited by Lady Rainicorn

I was on the site just before you sent that lol was trying to convert it I'm my head. So $133 for one night with the ferry. I haven't even checked how much just the ferry normally is. I guess if there's only one hostel they can charge whatever they like!

Thats good, we looked at the ferry and it was about $200, so we left it. Just checked again as I thought I must of been remembering it wrong, but no on https://bookings.rottnestexpress.com.au/Reservation/frmOnlineBooking.aspx?j=R&P=FS&o=PER&d=ROT&r=PER&t=23JAN2015&f=23JAN2015&z=ADULT:2, $197.. It looks amazing though. Its on our must do list for next time. Let me know how that Hostel is :laugh::wubclub:

But it doesn't matter, cos we don't have to fly anywhere.

Its all right here...on our doorstep :jiggy:

This is WA

OP has started a thread on this...

not anywhere else. Yes you can live wherever and fly wherever.

But this is what we enjoy here, makes everyday a holiday:cool:

In perth,.......:biglaugh:

It's fine for a day trip Stacey you don't need to stay. A bus loops around the island and you just jump off when you fancy. They do Segway tours too. The Pub is great with the most amazing veiws. We did the day trip. Simmos Icecream is actually made in Dunsborough which is near Bussleton the place with the long pier. Tip, go on a Tuesday as its half price ferries on a cheapy Tuesday.

Edited by Que Sera, Sera

I'm disgusted that people have jumped on this thread just to ridicule it too. Same old, but to me it's out of order, if you don't like the place move on. There is no need to ruin yet another thread.

I was going to say just do it to them anytime they start one but you guys are better than that