Stay away from WA, it's not for you....

HappyHeart

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's some more running away [ATTACH=CONFIG]28135[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]28136[/ATTACH]

Looks like they are wanting something from that bag lol. They look so cute and cheeky!

In Florida we saw a squirrel jump into someone's bag and steal something lol so I'm careful around things like that now :laugh:

Looks like they are wanting something from that bag lol. They look so cute and cheeky!

In Florida we saw a squirrel jump into someone's bag and steal something lol so I'm careful around things like that now :laugh:

There are Lizards that do that here. One on Penguin Island actually tried to get in someone's picnic bag.

So I'm researching Rottnest but there are too many choices. Say I want to go from Hillarys, then Rottnest Fast Ferries is only choice...then if we were to stay a few days, which accommodation is most budget friendly (apart from tents and dorms) Seems the accommodation is in different areas too...who's stayed where and what did you think?

So I'm researching Rottnest but there are too many choices. Say I want to go from Hillarys, then Rottnest Fast Ferries is only choice...then if we were to stay a few days, which accommodation is most budget friendly (apart from tents and dorms) Seems the accommodation is in different areas too...who's stayed where and what did you think?

We used to always go from Northport at Fremantle dock, obviously it was close to us but the one from Fremantle itself was more expensive and it is in an industrial part there was plenty of parking (I can't remember if it was free). The website says 'locals closely guarded secret' so I hope I don't get into bother sharing

As for where to stay the self-catering chalets are the best option, we used to go with other families and occupy them to bursting (air beds on the floor for kids!). Where on the island doesn't really make a difference - we tended to stay Bathurst- a short bike ride from the centre but that was partly because the kids were allowed to roam free.

I've still not been to Rottnest...need to go....

Really??? No way?? ha ha. I am hoping to go over in the next few weeks.....whilst the weather is still rubbish and the scenery isn't much to behold...I mean, it's not as if it has great beaches or snorkelling sites.......

Edited by Dom Churchill
additional stuffs

I'll be honest when the people we used to go to Rottnest with went last year, I did feel a bit 'homesick'. It would probably have been the last time as the kids are all off to different high schools in Feb but if we do visit WA then I'd be planning a trip to Rotto. I think that's why I'm so shocked HH hasn't been, it's iconic and actually lives up to the hype.

Ahh, bliss!!! About 50 of us yelling out The Beatles latest, "She Loves You, Yeah, Yeah, Yeah" and "Shout" in Dec 1963.

Good memories of a beaut island.:yes:

Cheers, Bobj.

Really??? No way?? ha ha. I am hoping to go over in the next few weeks.....whilst the weather is still rubbish and the scenery isn't much to behold...I mean, it's not as if it has great beaches or snorkelling sites.......

Lol, I haven't been either - my friend looked up the other day and said it would be about $300 just for the 4 of them to go ... that's $ for my holiday fund so I won't be going.

I'll be honest when the people we used to go to Rottnest with went last year, I did feel a bit 'homesick'. It would probably have been the last time as the kids are all off to different high schools in Feb but if we do visit WA then I'd be planning a trip to Rotto. I think that's why I'm so shocked HH hasn't been, it's iconic and actually lives up to the hype.

Shocked? Lol Don't be shocked. We got sidetracked with Margs:) It does seem ridiculously priced tbh. Got you over a barrel. For beach lovers though expect you can't go far wrong. Not much going on if you're not thrilled by sand and sea so can understand Ali not going. No..it's been on the to do list for ages but I think we haven't been because of a) leaving the dog and b) the logistics and expense of it. I can't see the point of paying those ferry fees for a day trip so maybe we'll wait for our next long weekend off together and put the girl in kennels and go. Unless anyone wants to dog sit for us:)