457 - Current processing times

tbk

We are into our 19 weeks and still hopefully waiting. I have not in others forums seen anyone have having 457 approved recently. Wondering why? By next week if we still have nothing then we must contact Bupa insurance agiain to change date. Does anyone know how long will they take when they said it is in the finalize lot? :wacko::goofy: This is how I am now.

hi all

any advice welcome

our visa application was lodged last week with medical insurance provived and having spoken to the sponsor we were told that she is going to get the visa 457 fast tracked.Now having a good look on the internet I cannot see if this is indeed possible so would like to hear from anybody who has had there 457 fast tracked or are we just clutching at straws and looking at a long wait like quite a few that I have read about on this thread.

Just a little bit of info on the job.it is a hairdressing job for a major franchise in QLD but they do operate all over OZ and apparently have done quite a few 457 visa sponsors.would love to hear from anybody who can shed some light on this for us.

thanks for reading

Hi 99flake

Don't know if you're still in need of assistance, but our 457 applications were lodged on 10 September and were granted 23 September - super quick and much quicker than we expected. We'll be heading to Melbourne in early January.

I agree with others that I don't believe there is any way of fast-tracking individual applications.

If your wait isn't over yet, I hope it soon will be. All the best.

Congratulations Team AB, we lodged ours on 2nd Sept and still waiting. Are you from a low risk country? We are from the UK and were hoping to have had it by now.

Hi docksboy40

We're from the UK too. Do you know if you're position nomination has already been granted? Hope the visas come through soon for you

We don't know a thing. The company has sponsored people before, all we know it was lodged on 2nd Sept. My other half is supposed to be starting work mid Oct so things are very tight now. Contacting the agent today so see if there is any news. We have no idea what the process is to be honest. We were just told it would be 4-6 weeks or sooner but reading this thread who knows!!!!

We don't know a thing. The company has sponsored people before, all we know it was lodged on 2nd Sept. My other half is supposed to be starting work mid Oct so things are very tight now. Contacting the agent today so see if there is any news. We have no idea what the process is to be honest. We were just told it would be 4-6 weeks or sooner but reading this thread who knows!!!!

It's definitely worth asking if your position nomination has been granted as your visas can't be granted if it hasn't. We were told that it would be 5-6 weeks so were amazed when it was only two weeks. Where are you looking to relocate to?

Hi everyone waiting for a decision on their 457 visas.

We've previously been granted 457 visa 4 years ago. We came back to the uk when LAFHA was abolished for 457 visa holders.

We were hoping that the fact we've met all the criteria before would expedite the process this time round. We'll see eh?!

Nomination is approved and the main application was submitted on 3rd September.

Last time it was 4 weeks from application to grant if memory serves.

Waiting doesn't get any easier second time round!

We're off to Sydney and will be around the Hills district, so anyone heading that way give us a shout. [emoji1]

congrats team AB yours was super fast :wink:

still havnt heard anything ourselves but atleast with your news it gives me more hope that it will be sooner rather than later,on the down side agent has suggested that because of my crim convictions 25 years ago there maybe a hold up due to character related issues:frown:

Thanks for the positive response bellwood5 I have done stat dec and sent my police certificate which states no live trace so hopefully we will get a positive outcome :wink:

My husband's is classed as spent also and doesn't appear on a police check. We did stat decs, character references x 5 and a the Migration lawyer wrote a statement summising the whole picture. The character unit were really laid back about it when I called to chase it last time. They've seen far far worse.

Wow you're brave sending all your stuff before visas granted, we were too cautious ;) We are looking at moving to Lower North Shore, other half's office is in North Sydney so want to be near to there. Got a serviced apartment for when we first arrive then but have a few rentals in mind so will be booking viewings soon. Hope you get yours tomorrow, that would be good :D

Well we have friends there who have advised the train from Schofields to St Leonards is relatively painless. About 30 mins via the motorway to drive. No idea of what parking is like in North Sydney. Plenty of people live there and commute purely for the quality of home and lower price tag. Take a look at The Ponds, Kellyville Ridge and Stanhope Gardens on Domain. It's first in best dressed over there. Make sure you have mortgage / rent statements and references to hand.

Big congrats docksboy40 hopefully ours wont be far behind as we lodged on the 11th sept,hope you don't mind me asking but did you or any family members have any crim convictions to declare ? we are thinking about booking flights for the 28th oct and if visa is still not granted we will go on a tourist visa and wait for outcome while doing some sight seeing etc and settling the kids in,we have friends in yeppoon so will stay with them for a short while until we no what the long term outcome is.Has anybody else thought of this option and whether they think is a good idea