457 - Current processing times

tbk

Does it mean that they want more paperwork to be submitted then as I worry about what else they might require because I thought we had submitted everything that was needed,just getting myself into a stress really my mind is working overtime

It'll say what additional information they require. Check correspondence.

Hi, just to join this waiting room- low risk. Our finalised application was supposedly lodged (including additional info requested) nearly 3 weeks ago now. My employer who is sorting it all out estimated 2 weeks for us, perhaps as all the other bits were being uploaded since early August. We have a TRN number. Bellwood5, you mentioned you can see this info with the TRN number to 99flake. I was told by my employer not to make an Immi account, so I guess I can't find out in that way. However, there is a VEVO site where you can put in minimal details and supposedly it will say the current visa status, though we haven't done that in case it messes something up. Have you used the Vevo thing before? Anyway, hoping to hear good news by the end of this month.. :)

You can create an immi account, you just don't validate your email or the correspondence will divert to you and not the migration agent.

I have no idea why some MA's insist that you cannot/shouldn't track your application.

You definitely can. That said, it's not that informative when you do view it.

VEVO will only show information when you have been granted a visa. It shows the current status of visas held by you.

All correspondence is sent to MA so i will have to wait till this evening to contact them to find out what else is required

thanks for replys

I can't believe that if immi have asked for more information yesterday AU time that your agent hasn't emailed you overnight GMT so you can get it sorted and uploaded by tonight.

You should not have to chase that.

Mate, I feel your pain!

My MA called immigration yesterday and they refused to put her through to the Case officer. They wouldn't tell her a thing. Jokers!

She's emailed the CO directly to ask what the status is as we have now completed all the additional information.

She's been ignored by them before so she's said that she doesn't expect a response!

Charming.

Thanks for the info Bellwood. We've decided we will write to my company again early next week and ask them if we can have details so we can check the status ourselves, though even they don't tend to reply unless there's something to tell us, which is nice.. If no response from them by next week, and if I'm feeling a bit cheeky then I will try the method you suggested so we can take a peek ourselves.. Hope everyone hears good progress soon.

Edited by subdividedyoghurt

Hi everybody, our visa just got approved, 5 months! So all out there that is waiting don't give up but please don't do anything until you all have your visa in hand. Ours took this long with nomination and sponsored approved in April. Hang in there. Now the ball start rolling for us. See you all in Perth.

Hi everybody, our visa just got approved, 5 months! So all out there that is waiting don't give up but please don't do anything until you all have your visa in hand. Ours took this long with nomination and sponsored approved in April. Hang in there. Now the ball start rolling for us. See you all in Perth.

Woooooh! That's amazing moomoo, congratulations xxx

Hi all, Oh man, wish I saw this forum 2 months ago...

I'm just another one on the 457 waiting line, my sponsor is doing everything through a MA, but this is what we get every time we ask them something:

"We have gathered from Department liaison that the delay is due to case allocation and prioritization of matters within a pool"

Has someone seen the exact same thing?

In regards to my application details:

My application was lodged around July 1st 2015, my MA does not share much details

A request for further information was sent for my IELTS results on July 23th 2015

The results where uploaded by August 10th 2015, and that was the last of it, there is not even acknowledgment if the have read the results or not

Well, right now is October 10th and I'm going nuts... would love some opinions/guesses/support :)

That sounds to me like another way of saying. Your case is in a queue and we'll get to you, when we get to you.

Are you applying from low or high risk country? They do say high risk time lines are about 3 months as opposed to 2 for low risk.

They do seem to be shocking on acknowledging anything.

To be fair though, there is no consistent pattern with timelines.

This is our 2nd 457 and it's taking longer than the first one!