457 - Current processing times

tbk

You might want to check that with a migration agent. We were going to do that with my husband last time around as I was already in Australia with one of the kids. I was without them for 16 weeks partly due to a previous MA messing up the application.

We did consider it but in our case immi said no. That's not to say they would say that to you. Best to see how immi would view it. Ask an agent.

Big congrats docksboy40 hopefully ours wont be far behind as we lodged on the 11th sept,hope you don't mind me asking but did you or any family members have any crim convictions to declare ? we are thinking about booking flights for the 28th oct and if visa is still not granted we will go on a tourist visa and wait for outcome while doing some sight seeing etc and settling the kids in,we have friends in yeppoon so will stay with them for a short while until we no what the long term outcome is.Has anybody else thought of this option and whether they think is a good idea

Thanks 99flake. My other half did have a drink drive conviction but it was over 20 years ago so it wasn't queried. Hope you get yours soon.

So still no visa this morning. One phone call to immi later and a painful conversation with a jobsworth and still no further forward. They won't tell me if we've been assigned a CO. They basically won't tell you anything above what you can see on the immi website.

Snotty doesn't cover the boatload of attitude this little charmer had.

Things have changed a lot in 4 years. They were at least pleasant even if they couldn't divulge anything.

Yep......it's starting to get to me ?

I'm sure it won't be too much longer now Bellwood5, if they haven't requested more info by now I'm sure it's all good, I have my fingers crossed that you will hear before the week is out. I'm currently going into meltdown trying to sort everything out to move in 2 weeks, other half is about as much use as a *********** ********* :goofy:

Shipping is sorted thankfully, we are using Crown. They are a bit more expensive but have friends who have used them a few times and they have always been good. The company is paying for that anyway. Main thing at the moment is selling the cars, we are getting some ridiculous offers for them.

We're shipping ours. That's not to say they are worth a lot but if we sold both and used the money to buy one over there we wouldn't get anywhere near the car we would want. We certainly wouldn't be able to afford to buy two. My fella has ploughed a fair bit of cash into the ST and S3 so they're like family!

morning all

emailed our employer last night and she seems to think that we will have the visa in our hands by end of next week(wishful thinking I believe)Bellwood don't you just hate jobsworths as it cost nothing to be polite atleast even if you cannot provide information that's required.I have a M3 bmw convertible that I would love to take with me but had quotes of around £6000 to ship a 2003 registered car does this sound right or can you recommend a company that I could try and get that figure down

Sorry 99flake I should have PM'd you yesterday! Just stuck in the meeting from hell. I'll mail you in a bit.

My husband knows the name of the company we are using for the cars.

I hope you get sorted with your visa soon. Has your employer been in touch with Immi or do they have a crystal ball?

Either way I hope we both get good news soon!

employer has said that she has been in contact with immi but after what you and others have said I really am not so sure that she could actually find that sort of information but i could be wrong,if its the crystal ball technique then I have quite a few questions I wouldn't mind asking:laugh:

We got asked for some further information on Friday so that should be uploaded by the MA today and the CO should see it.

I have no idea if they are only waiting on this information or whether there is more processing to happen. Our MA believes that usually they ask for the info in one go and that way less time is wasted going back and forth.

On my previous 457 we were asked for further information we provided it and the visa was granted within the week. Fingers crossed it's the same this time.

Is it a standard procedure to ask for more info or did you just miss something on the application because we haven't heard anything as yet.hope you get similar result to your last application with visa granted within a few days of info being submitted

If they feel they need an additional piece of paper they'll ask! I got asked to provide my marriage certificate last time. This time it's clarification on employment dates. I have no idea what's standard. Some people's go through with no queries. Some get asked for info. Sometimes when you know the info is there with them but they want it in a different format. I think it very much depends on the CO and their outlook that day!

Hi Anna

have you been asked for anymore information for your application or did you declare any criminal past that might be holding up your application,are you from a high risk country.17 weeks is very excessive time to wait,I really hope ours doesn't take that long it's very frustrating all the waiting

Not sure as don't no how we check we have only been in contact with MA and employer.

did speak with employer yesterday and she said that she has been in touch with immi and that we have cleared all the criteria and that it was just waiting to be signed off by OZ government whatever that means she also aid that it should next week due to there being a small backlog