457 - Current processing times

tbk

Just at a note on my processing times... i submitted my paperwork on February 9th and got approved March 5th. I had one query to respond to about a week before it was granted. Relieved mine was on the shorter end of timescales, and really feel for those of you still waiting. I was a bit overboard on submitting lots of documents as support, so maybe i just wore them down?!

• 2 weeks later...

Our migration agent has just lodged our application and has paid our fees and we will be paying her invoice today. Anyone else applied this way via a migration agent? She reckons its about 4-6 weeks from here. Anyone else applied around abut the same time as us? As she is completing everything on our behalf, I am a little in the dark as to what all the terminology means when they say "decision ready application lodged" and "nomination approved" would anyone mind talking me through the process?

Thanks in advance

The 457 visa has 3 steps:

- employer becomes an approved sponsor

- employer lodges and receives an approved nomination

- applicant lodges and receives an approved visa

The 3 steps need to happen in order, but the 3 application steps can be put in at the same time (i.e. employer could lodge sponsorship application and then nomination without waiting for outcome of sponsorship, then applicant can lodge without waiting for outcome of first 2 steps).

If your employer's nomination has been approved, that's good because you know the first two steps are now complete and it's only the visa application to go without waiting for the others. There's no longer a "decision-ready" process so your agent likely just means they've included all required information and documents with the application in order to reduce any delays. Hopefully you'll have an outcome in approx. 4 weeks (can be quicker or can be longer though)

Hi,

I am new to the community.. After having read the earlier posts, it seems that though there are few delays but there is definitely some light coming from the end of the Australian Immi tunnel.

To give my story:

I don't have a tracking number, as when I asked for one to my immigration lawyers they replied that they are only able to view it through their agent login and hence don't have any number to give to me.

So I am not sure when was it actually filed, but i would assume around mid January. I have been waiting since then (now over 9 weeks presumably). I had submitted the medicals and the insurance letters in January itself.

I belong to the high risk category.

Are there more members sharing my story?

Thanks

Thanks Depeche!

I am going to ask my agent to give me the TRN number so that I can track it myself.

You will be able to see the application and progress but not view any correspondence between immigration and the email account associated with the application, unless your immigration account matches that email account.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Everyone,

I lodge a 457 visa application offshore under labor agreement on 1/4/2015. I would like to know how long will it take to be processed?? I use MA in Australia, and nomination has been approved. I think the relevant processing center should be Parramatta. Thanks for advising!

Hi everybody,

Got my 457 visa today! :wink:

So the timeline again:

Employer was already nominated sponsor, nomination and visa application were submitted by MA on 24.12.14, nomitanion got approved 24.01.15. Medicals done and sent on January and were finlaized before January 24'th. Some extra documents asked from MA on 25, submitted on 29.01.15. Visa granted on 17.04.15 So it took almost exactly 3 months, very frustrating 3 months :) I'm from a European Union country which is considered High Risk so propably that's the reason for so long waiting time. All the best to the rest of you waiting for their approval, I'm off to surf for flight tickets!

dep@happy

• 1 month later...
Hi guys,

Anyone who applied in April still waiting for grant?

We have applied on the 13th of April (just for the visas-de facto) nomination was already approved in March.

Out of interest. What have you submitted for the defacto, evidence wise?

More specifically : I am off-shore/low risk.

BB88 were you the same? Anyone else still waiting? Yes it is really frustrating...

De facto: any possible proof of the relationship (joint bank accounts - emails - photos - rent agreement - letters from friends )

My MARA submitted the nomination and filed the visa on 8th April 2015. The status today changed from "in progress" to "assessment in progress". Does that indicate anything?

Cheers,

Varun

Hi Varun...any news yet?

My MARA submitted the nomination and filed the visa on 8th April 2015. The status today changed from "in progress" to "assessment in progress". Does that indicate anything?

Cheers,

Varun

Still waiting on my 457...

Application was lodged on the 23rd of March.

Agent advised 2 - 6 weeks...... Thats us into our 9th week now....:nah::nah:

Well, you are not alone. Mine was lodged in March, and now it's still in progress.